Instal day is booked for my 03 cobra:)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is no exact percentage difference between Mustang Dyno numbers and Dynojet numbers. But rule of thumb is Dynojets report 6-13% higher numbers than a Mustang Dyno. It is my understanding that as you make more power, and the more your car weighs, the difference increases, too. Assuming the chart you posted shows the best numbers of 388rwhp and 391rwtq, and using a factor of 10%, comparable Dynojet numbers would be 427rwhp and 430rwtq. Low for an 8 lb. lower car making 14 lbs. of boost, but the dyno could be set up different that most other Mustang Dynos. Dyno numbers are simply tuning tools. The real proof of increased performance will be what the car does at the track.

What octane fuel are you using?

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
There is no exact percentage difference between Mustang Dyno numbers and Dynojet numbers. But rule of thumb is Dynojets report 6-13% higher numbers than a Mustang Dyno. It is my understanding that as you make more power, and the more your car weighs, the difference increases, too. Assuming the chart you posted shows the best numbers of 388rwhp and 391rwtq, and using a factor of 10%, comparable Dynojet numbers would be 427rwhp and 430rwtq. Low for an 8 lb. lower car making 14 lbs. of boost, but the dyno could be set up different that most other Mustang Dynos. Dyno numbers are simply tuning tools. The real proof of increased performance will be what the car does at the track.

What octane fuel are you using?

Thanks for this info Bob, much appreciated. I'm going to get the tech to go through the graphs with me in more detail, but as you mentioned they are simply tuning tools. I just came back from taking her out for a good drive and what a difference. It's nice to be able to hear my supercharger again:) (exhaust drowned it out before) I'm pretty happy performance wise with the mods

Edit: 91 octane Bob

Last edited:

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
I know this probably should have been done first but what are your guys thoughts for the next set of mods. I'm looking into the mm sub frame connectors, ford racing diff cover, IRS bushing kit, and ford racing 3.73 gears. Would like to hear your thoughts? Car is weekend street driven (still waiting for the new track in Calgary to come through since race city is closed :(. )

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Pic on the dyno

28306FA8-101B-4379-A782-745E1AD37EDB_zpszj1lz8xq.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're posted on page 1, Tim. 393rwhp and 389rwtq. Mustang Dyno. 91 octane fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread