Introduction and Bolt-On Cobra Jet Intake Install/Dyno

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Looka good. Where are people getting the manifold at right now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Wiseguy

Established Member
Is your Tbody upside down? I went with 5in setup since I had the piping. Drivability is not bad. I was in good hands with Shawn too.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I have to hand it to Shaun. For a custom combo, base tune is awesome. Drivability of the SCJ TB is BETTER yes BETTER than stock. It is technically upside down for two reasons: better fitment of the TB motor to heater hose clearance and the throttle blade opens as the stock blade does when the SCJ TB is upside down. I wanted the same blade opening characteristics to divert airflow appropriately. I was totally expecting cammed like drivability and it is DIALED. Thanks, Shaun!

I just got done datalogging on 91 and it pulls like a raped ape above 4500-5000. Crazy hard. Keeps pulling to 7700 where I stopped. Minimal torque loss down low, but you can feel it. I haven;t driven a bolt on boss 302 IM car, but it's probably similar. Need to revise these and spend some time dialing in the E85 tune. My business schedule is crazy over the next few months so I'll probably just dial in the car remotely and schedule some dyno time locally with a buddy. We can then remote session Shaun in and make the final TiVCT changes for optimal power. More to come. :beer:

Matt

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
newmotor_zps3902abc8.jpg

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Good luck OP. Are you going to CA for the tune or is going to be tuned locally in AZ?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Good luck OP. Are you going to CA for the tune or is going to be tuned locally in AZ?

Just using my buddy's shop in AZ for dyno use and Shaun will be dialing in the TiVCT remotely via email/phone. The air in AZ sucks, 3500-4000 DA this time of year, but we'll see how SAE goes.

chao5.0

Established Member
I want to see the graphs on this intake when done, this thing is suppose to have a higher power band than the BOSS with no loss of tq down low.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Just did another log on a revision, and the load is showing peak torque at 5650 rpm. How does that compare to a boss IM car? It sure does carry out the torque nicely :)

load_zps5cdea949.jpg

Last edited:

by9468840

Established Member
Peak torque is at around 4800rpm with boss manny. It was 371 with stock and down to 343 with boss. It was an expensive lesson learned. I gained only about 8hp. Sold it and mounted a roush tvs. :)

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Playing around in Excel, here is what the power curve looks like based on MAF lb/min in relation to load (torque). Tried to scale it so they meet at 5252

Untitled_zps2dad4699.jpg

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I still haven't installed the 3.90's, but if the car traps 125 mph on E85 like I want it to then it'll be 7700 through the traps on a 28 inch tire (4th is 1.32:1)

Users who are viewing this thread