iOS 6 untethered jailbreak released!

HIonPSI

Established Member
Downloaded this morning. Other than cydia acting weird the whole process went as smooth as silk.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Wasn't even the jailbreak that did it. I was updating the apple software. I clicked install and update and everything was fine, then when it went to upload the software on my phone, it just bricked and went into recovery mode. Had to wipe everything to restore. Went to my backup file and it was gone. Lost all my damn photos

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Downloaded this morning. Other than cydia acting weird the whole process went as smooth as silk.

This is what I've noticed. I would guess its because a lot of packages haven't been made compatible for the iPhone 5 and iOS 6.x

All the Chris glitches should clear up in a few days this is normally what happens after a major jailbreak release for a major software update.

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for this post TwinTurbo4vGT!! I am still on 5.0.1 Jail Break on my old iPhone 4. I guess I will upgrade the 2 phones and ipad this weekend.

Satyr

Established Member
Really glad to see this done...just did my iPad. "Finding offsets..." right now.

HIonPSI

Established Member
Got it but nothing will download off cydia

Gonna have to wait it out a bit till people settle down, or if youre impatient like me just keep pressing download/confirm until it works lol.

Also figured Id ask...anyone having issues with the iphone weather app after jailbreaking?

Last edited:

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Gonna have to wait it out a bit till people settle down, or if youre impatient like me just keep pressing download/confirm until it works lol.

Also figured Id ask...anyone having issues with the iphone weather app after jailbreaking?

A lot are. It's no big deal to me because it works in the notification center still. There was MUCH more detail that went into this one than any jailbreak so there's still gonna be small glitches.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
What's the main reason you guys are still using JB?

Last time I did it (on my original iPhone) I found it pointless unless I wanted to mimic android or use stolen/free apps. I have to assume there is more in Cydia now but what?

99GreenCobra

Established Member
What's the main reason you guys are still using JB?

Last time I did it (on my original iPhone) I found it pointless unless I wanted to mimic android or use stolen/free apps. I have to assume there is more in Cydia now but what?

Wondering the same thing. I might try my ipad 2 and see how I like it. Just not sure why? One thing I like about apple products is the simplicity and how well it works. I don't wanna mess with that.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
custom themes, sounds. Firewalls. Wifi Tethering.

Tethering AT&T's LTE network is gonna be really nice. I miss bitesms as well. For those that don't know, tethering is like making your iphone into a router. Bitesms also pops in front of any web page, app, any window so the user doesn't have to exit in or out to respond to text.

If the JB is flawless it's the cherry on top for the iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread