iOS 6 untethered jailbreak released!

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
just jail broke my iphone 4.

do i still sync my phone with itunes like i did before it was jailbroken?

now that it is jail broken, i guess i just cruise cydia to find things that catch my eye? i want to turn my phone into a router/hotspot so my ipad can connect to my phone.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Hell yea just did my 5. Installed cydia and bitesms. Tried mywi but no luck yet. Other than that works perfect.

03DontMach

Established Member

now that it is jail broken, i guess i just cruise cydia to find things that catch my eye? i want to turn my phone into a router/hotspot so my ipad can connect to my phone.

You want to MyWi. You can add source such as these here. http://jaxov.com/2012/01/top-10-best-cydia-sources-repos-of-2012/

You just sync as usual with iTunes. Just don't ever update. Hope this helps. Btw fakeclockup is insane on the 5. No way any other phone can beat this thing.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
i want to jailbreak my iphone so that my wifi only ipad can use my phone's data connection.

can anyone point me in the right direction or post a youtube how to vid? i dont know even what website to go to in order to download the jailbreak!

(little richard) somebody help me! (/little richard)

You'll get caught. Trust me don't do that.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's the name of the app that gives you a moving home screen, like you get with Android?

So if you jailbreak your iPhone 5 you can put everything back to "stock" by updating the OS through iTunes?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member

MyWi

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
yes if you dont like the jailbreak or if it breaks just restore it. back to factory new.
for the tether apps, i always had good luck with teather me.
Pandora Downloader!! - unlimited skips, no adds, and can save songs to your music

Last edited:

03DontMach

Established Member
Using your phone as a hotspot really won't get you caught unless you are dumb and hook your laptop on the hotspot and start gaming or downloading files. If you connect your iPad only, you would probably be fine but that is up to you.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
is there a free version of mywi? all the ones that i saw are $20.

you guys connecting your google/facebook account with cydia to sync your purchases?

Satyr

Established Member
the cell companies will track you when using mifi and end your unlimited data.

What carrier did you experience this with? I've never had a problem with my unlimited plan and I have tethered over 20GB a few months in the past.

6.0GTO

Established Member
What carrier did you experience this with? I've never had a problem with my unlimited plan and I have tethered over 20GB a few months in the past.

I am guessing you are not on AT&T. Maybe Verizon.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
it isn't free. I use my amazon account.

Is the part in bold your response to my second question?

if so, that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about when you open cydia then hit manage account. It gives the option of facebook or google.

Users who are viewing this thread