iOS 6 untethered jailbreak released!

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Is the part in bold your response to my second question?

if so, that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about when you open cydia then hit manage account. It gives the option of facebook or google.

There is a free version of every tweak/theme/app on Cydia, you just have to know what repo to add.

Go to: Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add this source:

Sinfuliphonerepo.com

I only use this to try out the paid file for a while to see if I really want/use it. If I do, I remove the pirated file and purchase the actual file from the developer and Cydia. Please do this, piracy hurts the programmer and the whole jailbreak communities. Most people don't understand the time and energy it takes to create a jailbreak, in the case of the iPhone 5 and iOS6 it was several months. Please donate to those who assisted in making this jailbreak possible. Also please don't be cheap and not buy the paid files on Cydia, they're at most 20 bucks and you'll be encouraging the programmer to keep doing his work and make more awesome tweaks in the future.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
You want to MyWi. You can add source such as these here. Top 10 Must Have Cydia Sources of 2012Jaxov

You just sync as usual with iTunes. Just don't ever update. Hope this helps. Btw fakeclockup is insane on the 5. No way any other phone can beat this thing.

Mywi sucks. It is traceable and they will suspend your account. TetherMe is so much better and it's untraceable.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Can't jailbreak my iphone because I use it for work and its a managed device through mdm. Debating if I should do it to my iPad.

What are some cool/fun apps you guys are using? Any regrets jail breaking? I did it to my old 3G years ago and it ran like crap. So super slow that I restored it back.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
There is a free version of every tweak/theme/app on Cydia, you just have to know what repo to add.

Go to: Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add this source:

Sinfuliphonerepo.com

I only use this to try out the paid file for a while to see if I really want/use it. If I do, I remove the pirated file and purchase the actual file from the developer and Cydia. Please do this, piracy hurts the programmer and the whole jailbreak communities. Most people don't understand the time and energy it takes to create a jailbreak, in the case of the iPhone 5 and iOS6 it was several months. Please donate to those who assisted in making this jailbreak possible. Also please don't be cheap and not buy the paid files on Cydia, they're at most 20 bucks and you'll be encouraging the programmer to keep doing his work and make more awesome tweaks in the future.

Thanks. I added that repo.

Can anyone confirm that mywi/tetherme can be used if I want to connect my ipad2 to my iphone 4. tetherme says something about "bluetooth does not currently work on the iPad2 (only USB)." I have no idea what that means.

what tweaks are you currently running right now? I am currently trying out

mapsopener
browser changer
biteSMS - I may get rid of this one.

I need to find something that will allow me to connect my ipad 2 to my iphone.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
Thanks. I added that repo.

Can anyone confirm that mywi/tetherme can be used if I want to connect my ipad2 to my iphone 4. tetherme says something about "bluetooth does not currently work on the iPad2 (only USB)." I have no idea what that means.

what tweaks are you currently running right now? I am currently trying out

mapsopener
browser changer
biteSMS - I may get rid of this one.

I need to find something that will allow me to connect my ipad 2 to my iphone.

Tetherme is untraceable, mywi you will get caught using.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
Tetherme is untraceable, mywi you will get caught using.

Can you confirm that tetherme can be used if I want to connect my ipad2 to my iphone 4? tetherme says something about "bluetooth does not currently work on the iPad2 (only USB)." I have no idea what that means.

03DontMach

Established Member
Omgooodness. None of these are traceable. It just depends on how you use it. I have done it on verizon, att, and tmobile with no issues. Just don't be stupid when you tether. These companies can't tap into your phone and see you have tethering active. They can only see the rate of data you are using and if you randomly start using a lot then they will red flag you. Just be smart about it and don't try to play games or done load some huge file.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
tl;dr

I saw sinful rep. that's good and the link to the top repos is good too.

With that out of the way.

I recommend these cydia apps for recent converts. I'm using these on an iphone5 with ios6.1, so far so good.

Activator
F.lux
SBSettings
Winterboard
Lockinfo
Missionboard (Dont bother with pro. the regular one is sweet and is free, the sinful pro cracked doesnt work for 6.1 as of now)
byteSMS
ininifolder/dock
tetherme

There's a lot more but those are the cool beginner ones that you guys should check out.

EDIT: Also try out AptBackup : Will make it much easier for you to restore your jailbroken utilities.

Last edited:

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Can you confirm that tetherme can be used if I want to connect my ipad2 to my iphone 4? tetherme says something about "bluetooth does not currently work on the iPad2 (only USB)." I have no idea what that means.

It just means that if you have a 3g capable ipad, you would have to connect your laptop via USB to get internet.

You should still be able to use your phones data, sent TO your ipad via bluetooth..

Haven't tested. But that's my assumption.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Established Member
it only means that you can't use your ipad to tether your laptop over Bluetooth you would have to connect your ipad to your laptop thru USB. It does not affect you if your tethering your iPhone to your ipad.

Omgooodness. None of these are traceable. It just depends on how you use it. I have done it on verizon, att, and tmobile with no issues. Just don't be stupid when you tether. These companies can't tap into your phone and see you have tethering active. They can only see the rate of data you are using and if you randomly start using a lot then they will red flag you. Just be smart about it and don't try to play games or done load some huge file.
mywi is traceable, a friend works for AT&T and they suspend accounts all the time. The reason mywi is traceable is it doesn't run off the native tethering capabilities that tetherme runs off of, so they can track it.

03DontMach

Established Member
it only means that you can't use your ipad to tether your laptop over Bluetooth you would have to connect your ipad to your laptop thru USB. It does not affect you if your tethering your iPhone to your ipad.

mywi is traceable, a friend works for AT&T and they suspend accounts all the time. The reason mywi is traceable is it doesn't run off the native tethering capabilities that tetherme runs off of, so they can track it.

Interesting still haven't gotten caught for using it for a long time. I'll keep a look out I guess

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member

Not an expert here, but from my understanding the carriers are using data analytics to examine traffic and usage patterns.

ie: larger data usages, websites downloading larger image files than typical from mobile platforms, other types of non-mobile website traffic, etc..

Best advice is to use it only when needed, and space out the usage.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
tl;dr

I saw sinful rep. that's good and the link to the top repos is good too.

With that out of the way.

I recommend these cydia apps for recent converts. I'm using these on an iphone5 with ios6.1, so far so good.

Activator
F.lux
SBSettings
Winterboard
Lockinfo
Missionboard (Dont bother with pro. the regular one is sweet and is free, the sinful pro cracked doesnt work for 6.1 as of now)
byteSMS
ininifolder/dock
tetherme

There's a lot more but those are the cool beginner ones that you guys should check out.

EDIT: Also try out AptBackup : Will make it much easier for you to restore your jailbroken utilities.

Post up some good apps! I did mine and it runs super smooth

:shrug:

Last edited:

Satyr

Established Member
Any iPad users find good themes? The ones I have tried have all either done nothing or have looked like they were being stretched (despite the devs stating they are for iPad).

jrandy

Established Member
It feels good to be Jail Broken again...

The only thing missing is gridlock... It looks as though it is not iOS 6 compatible yet.

Users who are viewing this thread