iphone people

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I usually carry my ipod and phone around, and it would be nice to combine the two and only have to carry one thing. Since the new iphone came out and the older ones seem to have dropped in price i have been thinking of picking one up. I was just wondering if there was any software or firmware that would prevent a 2g/3g/3gs from being unlocked? I've searched some on google and it looks like all of them can be unlocked but i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything.

I don't want this to turn into some kind of debate about which phone is better. just an answer to the question please.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You can unlock all unless you update to the newest baseband which prevents an unlock.

There is no such thing as preventing an unlock, at least indefinitely.

In the tech world, if theres a will theres a way.

I remember when bioshock came out the pc world said it would be un-crackable....a month after its release there was a working crack.

txyaloo

Established Member

I remember when bioshock came out the pc world said it would be un-crackable....a month after its release there was a working crack.

The latest baseband has been out quite a bit longer than a month.

eclipsemustang

Established Member
This may be a stupid question, but if i were to get a 3g and update the software would that give it the ability to shoot video or is that only through a special app

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member

Temporarily yes. There is already an exploit from the dev team but they are not releasing it until the JB for the IP4 is available.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I believe the os 4 is jailbroken already but is in beta to developers so they can get a start on new software or update a few things.

Go for the 3GS, well worth it over the 3G.

I myself have the iPhone 4 and hands down it's bad ass. Good luck!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
is the 3gs really that much better then the 3g? the 3g's seem to be selling for about 100 bucks less then the 3gs's
No, it's not all that much better. If you don't need the features that come with the 3Gs, buy the 3G. I had the 3G. My daughter has the 3Gs. I personally saw no reason to upgrade, so I didn't.

Be sure to check eBay because there are always a ton of iPhones for sale. Try to find one that has a good price and is in excellent condition. Some are scratched, nicked. Mine was perfect when I sold it. Someone got a good deal.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
No, it's not all that much better. If you don't need the features that come with the 3Gs, buy the 3G. I had the 3G. My daughter has the 3Gs. I personally saw no reason to upgrade, so I didn't.

Be sure to check eBay because there are always a ton of iPhones for sale. Try to find one that has a good price and is in excellent condition. Some are scratched, nicked. Mine was perfect when I sold it. Someone got a good deal.

Have you tried to use OS 4 on a 3g? it can become a laggy bitch. I wish I would have bought the 3Gs instead of the 3g.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
IMO if your going to jailbreak it go for the 3gs if your wanting to keep it stock and run Apple approved apps it will work fine. Personally i havent played around with OS4 yet waiting for it to be untethered Jailbroken (which announced today isnt very far off)

If you want to run Cydia and jailbroken stuff get either the 3GS(256mb RAM) or IP4(512 mb RAM) the 128mb of RAM goes quickly on the 3g.

what are the 3gs going for on ebay?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I just loaded the OS4 on to my 3gs and it works great. I dont use the camera as it is now, so i saw no need to upgrade.

Is there any advantages to jail breaking anymore?

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
I just loaded the OS4 on to my 3gs and it works great. I dont use the camera as it is now, so i saw no need to upgrade.

Is there any advantages to jail breaking anymore?

theres always going to be benefits of jailbreak IMO depends what you want to use.

personally MYWI so i can have internet on my netbook deff a plus. Quick Reply, Lock info to name a few

Users who are viewing this thread