Is Anyone Doing Any This?

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
It's about half the cost for better components, but if your not very good with electronics then I would not recommend it. Pretty much parts just snap or plug together, you just have to know what parts are compatible with other parts, other than that it's not too bad.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
I can do electronis thats no big deal I can solder but I just need to know where to start with parts we have a local fry's so I could easily get stuff but I have no idea where to start. I want to start with a basic fm and mp3's and add on the other stuff as i go I want to put an lcd in place of the stock head unit and have a small wireless keyboard and tarck ball for anything that is too much for a touchscreen

coleman

Established Member
i can't think of a better place to put it than where my spare tire would normally be. i know i'd have to run cables to & fro, but i don't have enough space anywhere else.

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I saw that site and almost bought from them, but I wanted to built my own for some reason. I guess just so I can say I designed, built it, this is mine, type of thing :shrug: . Besides I had the extra parts laying around. There are some small pc's out there. Some that can fit in your hand, would be perfect for mounting under the seat. That would be the best way to go.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
I would utilize the space under the rear seat. i dont have a rear seat but if you do you can cut out the foam underneath and hide it there just make sure it's not getting too hot. So where should I start on parts ?

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Your not kidding are you...

I have not yet figured out how to set the stock radio up yet....
let alone what you young (Excluding old man Walker) dudes are doing. You guys do amaze me.

My avitar is a Calif. thing. Our "current" Gov. Davis signed a bill to tripple the car fees (Tax). We now pay about $300 a year ave. Will go to $900 ave. Compare that to Floridas $38. Now do you see why Arnold will go in tonight as our new Gov.?

GO ARNOLD!!!!:beer:

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Home depot or Lowe's has plexiglass. I used 1/4" for the box. Use wood cutting blades. I was told to use metal blades by multiple people, but it would just melt the plexi instead of cutting it. I used just about every saw I have. Table saw, Radial-arm, jig-saw, scroll saw. Just go slow and it will cut nice. You can also torch the edges with a propane torch and it will make them clear again. You can kind of tell in my pic, the edges catch the light and glow blue. It looks 100 better in person.

Users who are viewing this thread