Is anyone else starting to prep????

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I was just curious if anyone else out there has been starting to prep in recent years with all the garbage going on in the world?

If anything major does happen I have about a month worth of food and water and no issue with shelter since I own my home and enough ammo to protect it for a while. Ive gotten more and more into rural survival because I think if something big does go down with another country or even in our own, the city is the last place I think I would want to be.

Am I crazy or is this the norm that everyone is now starting to think about and prepare?

Blackness03

Established Member
images

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Fire extinguishers. Don't forget them. When the mob turns ugly, the mob starts to burn the city. Most people are ready for just about anything except fire. When the grocery stores have been stripped of every last can of green beans, and there is nothing left to loot, the water doesn't run and the lights won't turn on, the mob always starts setting fires.

Sick03Vert

Banned
These threads are funny.

x2...the end is near! We all gonna die! :bored:

If you're really that concerned, you should forward all your cash to me ASAP as I have a secure location to hold it in and keep it safe during the turmoil. Then, after shit calms down, I will give it back to you and you will be the only person left with actual paper currency while everyone else trades 9 volt batteries and shit thanks to the new "Waterworld"-esque economy.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
SOP to be somewhat prepared, couple weeks of food, water, are just common sense stuff. I'm a gun nut so having weapons has always been a part of my life style. Just like everything in life, some people are prepared for nothing while other have stored for food to last for years. I'm in the middle.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Why yes I am prepping for this years bass tournament schedule...I'm fishing 12 tournys this summer

I've two new rods to add the my arsenal and the reels will be here soon...tons of tackle also on order

Last edited:

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I think we are all prepared for the normal stuff; storms, power outages, snow, etc. I am not convinced that doomsday is upon us just yet. Sure things are generally crazy these days. Take a look back through history and you will see that only the issues are different, not the fact that they exist and we have survived them.

2013Trinity

Established Member
I just watched World War Z this weekend. Definitely gets you thinking about things. I think it's wise to have food storage, water, fuel, ammo, and resources outside of the US dollar. People seem to forget that a few years ago, we were a weekend away from the US financial system completely collapsing.

01GTB

Established Member
I think people have been calling for the demise of this country for over 200 years. It's always just around the corner. The internet has just expanded the number of people believing in it.

But, yes. It's always a good idea to have extra cash, food and mandatory supplies for extended periods if a natural or other disaster should occur. If you believe this means having 25 firearms and 20,000 rounds of ammo, go for it. I'm sure the stores and manufacturers selling it to you will be more than happy to accommodate your paranoia.

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Quoting scripture: the surefire way to get anyone to believe your argument!

Only preparation I need to make is finding out where all you wackos with all the food and water are hiding out.

Users who are viewing this thread