Is anyone else starting to prep????

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's that show on TV where those loonies prepare for doomsday? Doomsday Preppers? We were watching that at the firehouse last night. The brain washing going on in those families was cracking us up!

I watched one episode some months ago. That was enough for me. It was both comical and alarming (the brain washing of the kids).

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I treated a paranoid schizophranic last night who would totally agree with the OP. Luckily for our patient, he couldn't be killed and had the power of the devil. I know it's true, cause he told us so!

The power of Christ compels you.

That should have been your treatment.

Coiled03

Established Member
Nope.

I used to think about it, but now im pretty sure I dont want to survive a world with no civilizational rule. Ill see how far I can get with what I have, but if it gets shitty enough ill just put a bullet to my head.

I think alot of people act like they can survive, but I doubt many, even preppers, will survive the transition.

This.

Not suprised we have a bunch of billy badasses on SVTP who think they're gonna go all Rambo on the government if shit gets bad.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
This.

Not suprised we have a bunch of billy badasses on SVTP who think they're gonna go all Rambo on the government if shit gets bad.

I just think its laughable some of these people think they will somehow get their entire family and friends out of the city or something, to a safe place, and just live out the rest of their lives like some happy fairy tale.

Truth is, the survivors of the collapse will be absolute loners, Book of Eli status loners. Will have to try to survive after seeing some insanely brutal shit, probably even making some insanely difficult choices, maybe even having to do with their survival above say a close friend or family member. None of us can even imagine what it will be like living knowing everyone you've ever loved is gone forever. Nope, no thanks.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Last time we had that major power outage in socal only thing I was trippin on was trying to hook up a pack of squares!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I don't think there is anything wrong with preparing for a few days, maybe a week of little or no services that would most likely happen as the result of a natural disaster; water, food, batteries, firewood and extra fuel. But beyond that it's a slippery slope to paranoid town.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Always good to have some kind of extra food and water, some extra ammo doesn't hurt either along with a decent first aid kit and batteries. I live in a hurricane area so it pays to be ready.

I don't think there is anything wrong with preparing for a few days, maybe a week of little or no services that would most likely happen as the result of a natural disaster; water, food, batteries, firewood and extra fuel. But beyond that it's a slippery slope to paranoid town.

Both of these. A one month supply of food and water is something one should always keep on hand. If you think about it, most families would survive for a month on all the crap in the cabinets.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If you think about it, most families would survive for a month on all the crap in the cabinets.

I tell my wife all the time to not throw out expired can goods because if it came down to it I would rather have some expired green beans than an empty pantry - she just waits until I'm not around and throws the stuff out anyway :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread