Is HID GUY no more?

RussZTT

Established Member
He hasn't been on the boards since July. I tried calling the number posted on his website for days now and nobody answers and his VM box is full. :bash:

Can't drive my car at night since one headlight and one fog light stopped working.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I hope not cause I sent my wiring harness in to get checked because one headlight wouldn't stay on! F**K ME!

Thats what was happening to me, they tried to get me to send them my harness also and I told them no shot was I taking it all apart and not going to be able to drive my car for however long it took them to send it back. I made them send me a new ballast, bulbs and the high/low controller and I sent back whatever I didnt need. Turned out to be the high low controller was bad.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Thats what was happening to me, they tried to get me to send them my harness also and I told them no shot was I taking it all apart and not going to be able to drive my car for however long it took them to send it back. I made them send me a new ballast, bulbs and the high/low controller and I sent back whatever I didnt need. Turned out to be the high low controller was bad.

Crap. Well, they never asked me to send mine in, but I told them I was going to so they could check what the problem was and send me a new one for free.

jcveron

Established Member
so if i have a way to get anything hid at a decent cost and good quality would you guys be interested??

i would be interested. Is hid guy any good? Now that i am hearing all of this i am considering going somewhere else for hid heads and fogs

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
The guy I am refering to is on our local club site and from what I know he has had no issues with bad products and is a very stand up Mustang guy!! I will see what i can do tonight.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
how about ebay HID kits. my friend has them installed in his bmw for over a year, no problems at all so far. The kit also cost around $40. I hear a lot of problems from HID guy.

SRTLover88

Thats what was happening to me, they tried to get me to send them my harness also and I told them no shot was I taking it all apart and not going to be able to drive my car hid bulb for however long it took them to send it back. I made them send me a new ballast, bulbs and the high/low controller and I sent back whatever I didnt need. Turned out to be the high low controller was bad.

Sounds like your the only safe one in this very uptight situation, lol.. Did they charge you for shipping again?

Last edited:

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I had a horrible experience with him but have also heard good feedback as well. If his service (based on my experience) has not improved since I dealt with him over a year ago, then I can see why he wouldn't be around. Best of luck to you.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Oscar's service has kind of gone down hill now. I think he has too much business perhaps and too little employees. Took me about 4 weeks to get a replacement ballast, so I just bought a spare one from him for like $45, unbelievable!
I couldn't stand not having headlights for 4 weeks!, but I did switch the bad ballast to the fogs to keep both my headlights working.
Good luck

RussZTT

Established Member
I tried calling him 8 times today with no answer. I'm tired of driving the Cobra during the day and my Z at night. I may just put the stock bulbs back in until I get ahold of him. :bash::bash::bash::bs::bs:

Tractionless1

Established Member
So much for that lifetime warranty huh guys? Told ya so, when everyone was asking "What HID" and I posted Mccullough in numerous threads. I got blasted about how good "others" service is etc., now they are no where to be found. If you just bought quality to begin with you wouldn't be in this situation.

Last edited:

jcveron

Established Member
so much for that lifetime warranty huh guys? Told ya so, when everyone was asking "what hid" and i posted mccullough in numerous threads. I got blasted about how good "others" service is etc., now they are no where to be found. If you just bought quality to begin with you wouldn't be in this situation.

have a link and a price?

Users who are viewing this thread