Is there a particular CAI I should purchase?

GT915

Established Member
I like the way the CAI looks and sounds but I still can't bring myself to buy one. Temps here are well in to the 90s and underhood temps have got to be ungodly. For me it would be just a hot air intake and I can't see it doing anything besides reducing my bank balance.

Heuristic

Established Member
CAI is a waste of money since the factory intake is fine. Spend your money on better mods such as O/R midpipe and a tune.

I'm now about 2 weeks in with my car and I was noticing that the intake air temps(however accurate that gauge is) tended to only be 1 or 2 degrees different than the outside temp(however accurate that gauge is). If both are true, I really don't see anything beneficial to spending the $$ on a CAI unless you have a real reason to

13GT5.0

Established Member
I like air raid myself. Love the box design better than JLT and I have had air raids before on previous vehicles, with nothing but positive results.

DIB5.0

Established Member
I did not gain anything at the track with my Airaid. Ran the same trap with tune as with tune and CAI. They really dont start making much power until 4k and introduce more inlet temps during DD.

tj@steeda

Established Member
With the CAI, Tune & Boss Intake ...

Steeda 2011-14 Boss Mustang Power Pack Manual Transmission

You can expect peak power gains in excess 50 horsepower over a stock GT on stock exhaust, but peak gains don't tell the whole story. With the Boss intake top end power never falls off, giving you a car that just keeps pulling hard shift after shift. It is an intoxicating feeling you will enjoy over and over again.

555-3939-1.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

Heuristic

Established Member
With the CAI, Tune & Boss Intake ...

Steeda 2011-14 Boss Mustang Power Pack Manual Transmission

You can expect peak power gains in excess 50 horsepower over a stock GT on stock exhaust, but peak gains don't tell the whole story. With the Boss intake top end power never falls off, giving you a car that just keeps pulling hard shift after shift. It is an intoxicating feeling you will enjoy over and over again.

555-3939-1.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ
This has very little to do with the CAI and everything to tune with the tune/boss intake :shrug:

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Considering this setup:

K&N Cold Air Intake w/Completely Sealed Airbox - 6" Velocity Stack inside with filter, 4" (100mm) outlet of the velocity stack and the tube goes from 4" (100mm) to 3.5" (88mm) at the throttle body, except for the MAF section.

Would cut and replace the necked down MAF section with a 4" MAF housing from VMP or Texas Speed (which has a laminar airflow screen).

Basically, a stock airbox with a true velocity stack inside and with a 100mm MAF housing and appropriately sized reducing tube to the throttle body.

tj@steeda

Established Member
This has very little to do with the CAI and everything to tune with the tune/boss intake

The OP asked about which Cold Air Intake would go well with his Boss intake and Tune ... this package includes our Steeda Cold Air intake and I provided the HP numbers with the kit.

In short, go with the Steeda Cold Air Intake along with the other items that are listed in the Power Pak.

Here is more insight ... Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ « Steeda Blog

Best Regards,

TJ

blackcoyote13

Established Member
I'd be interested in the Steeda intake if you had a composite housing and a sealed box, but open filter is not for me honestly, nor is the metal housing since the IAT sensor is built into the MAF.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That's great if all you do is make passes at the strip.

Perhaps the OP can enlighten us about his duty cycle/intended usage.

It just seems like most people don't get it.

The stock airbox does a great job on the street, there is no doubt.

At the dragstrip, the jlt, airaid, steeda, will pick up e.t. and mph.

So, make your decision based on that.

Rick88LX

Established Member
It just seems like most people don't get it.

The stock airbox does a great job on the street, there is no doubt.

At the dragstrip, the jlt, airaid, steeda, will pick up e.t. and mph.

So, make your decision based on that.

If you're implying that I don't get it, you're mistaken.

I was merely suggesting we get a handle on what the OP plans on doing with his car. Perhaps I missed the part where he stated he cared what everyone runs in a particular class and that his application was strip only.

Funny thing, but some of us like cars that brake and turn corners too.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you're implying that I don't get it, you're mistaken.

I was merely suggesting we get a handle on what the OP plans on doing with his car. Perhaps I missed the part where he stated he cared what everyone runs in a particular class and that his application was strip only.

Funny thing, but some of us like cars that brake and turn corners too.

If that's your thing, i'd stick with the stock box.

Users who are viewing this thread