Is there a particular CAI I should purchase?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It just seems like most people don't get it.

The stock airbox does a great job on the street, there is no doubt.

At the dragstrip, the jlt, airaid, steeda, will pick up e.t. and mph.

So, make your decision based on that.

Is there any proof of the back to back testing with CAI picking up anything at the track?

GT915

Established Member
If that's your thing, i'd stick with the stock box.
Can I assume from this then that a CAI will make power as long as the car is moving and cooler air is circulated around the filter, whereas on the street in traffic, higher iat will hinder performance? If this is the case then the K&N setup that was mentioned earlier with the cone filter and sealed box, starts to look good. I gotta think though that that must be a POS also or others would be using it.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Not worth it for a DD. Inlet temps are much higher and the car feels sluggish in summer heat. Plus you need to get over 4000 rpm's to really feel any difference.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can I assume from this then that a CAI will make power as long as the car is moving and cooler air is circulated around the filter, whereas on the street in traffic, higher iat will hinder performance? If this is the case then the K&N setup that was mentioned earlier with the cone filter and sealed box, starts to look good. I gotta think though that that must be a POS also or others would be using it.

exactly

My intent is to just daily drive it and it will never see the track.

then no cai is needed

Rick88LX

Established Member
Funny thing...understand what the intended usage will be/duty cycle and you have your answer. :)

Working at the OEM level teaches you a few things. Sometimes asking the right questions is more important than just spewing answers.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
Sorry to open this up again.

How about using a K&N in the stock airbox with a 1/2-1.0" spacer between the airbox halves to increase volume?? Maybe cut the bottom of the stock airbox/fender to get a little more outside air in.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I bought both and the airaid is better quality by a significant margin when compared to the JLT carbon intake. I kept the JLT though for looks primarily, but also because it fits better with Boss mani.

Users who are viewing this thread