Is there a particular CAI I should purchase?

chrisheltra

Established Member
I'm in the market for a CAI and will be using it with the stock manifold but may upgrade to a boss's manifold later down the road. Is there a certain brand of via that out shines the others?

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
you have inadvertently just opened Pandora's Box.

FWIW I have a JLT and it works, but if I were buying a CAI today I would get the Airaid because I prefer its "airbox' design over the partition style of the JLT.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
99% of the people will tell you that they are only for looks and sound.
I chose mine because it uses the factory ram air duct, and the maf to filter transition is a smooth machined bezzel which allows smoother air flow and cleaner maf readings. Or so they claim :p

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
You already did... The one on the car

I've tried all if them. Fit and finish goes to steeda hands down so if a nice quality piece is what your looking for there ya go. As far as power... Eehhh I'll just leave that one alone. It's all about the tune really

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I went with JLT, mainly because I liked the look of the body painted option and it works with both the stock and BOSS manifold.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I had the JLT carbon fiber intake when I was NA. I liked the look of it. If I did it all over again, I would never have bought a CAI

Rct851

Established Member
Would anyone say a CAI is more beneficial with a catless exhaust system as opposed to the cai bring the only mod?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
they will benefit you some, we picked up at the track with our cai.

if you don't have an offroad exhaust system, that would be a good first mod as well

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Op do not waste your money on a cai. When you get your boss manifold get your self a Pj cai from airaid.

clinton2003

Established Member
you have inadvertently just opened Pandora's Box.

FWIW I have a JLT and it works, but if I were buying a CAI today I would get the Airaid because I prefer its "airbox' design over the partition style of the JLT.

Not only this, but as i was told buy a guy, and measured mine...

The JLT intake opening at the throttle body measures 79mm-80mm. Which if you dont ever plan on upgrading the throttle body, thats great. BUT if you ever think you may, get the Airaid. I just put on an Airaid and it looks MUCH nicer than the JLT. and i love the box design that clears the valve cover, vs the jlt plastic piece that rubs on the valve cover....

My vote. Get the airaid. PLUS you can the the MAF adaptor and not have to run a tune till you decide you want to tune it. :)

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Just curiose as to why people are saying cai isnt beneficial .. I went from 114 with a tune put on bigs and littles and cai and went to 119 .... Clearly the whole gain wasent from just the cai .

StangMan04

Established Member
CAI is a waste of money since the factory intake is fine. Spend your money on better mods such as O/R midpipe and a tune.

Rick88LX

Established Member
Has anyone ever measured air inlet temps at the manifold with a CAI and compared them to the OEM airbox/inlet tubing?
And done so with the hood closed in a real world driving environment?
Dyno pulls with the hood open only tell you so much.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You will pick up with a cai at the track. In general, the factory air box works very well to keep heat out in a daily driver type situation.

At the track, you will most definitely pick up with a CAI.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
CAI will pick up hp and mph at the track.

We are having a sale this month on all JLT CAI's. Purchase one at MAP pricing, and we will send it out with a free N/A tune and free shipping. PM or call for any questions.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive already bought the lethal o/r xpipe and lund tune combo. Next thing that make since to me to mod is the intake, the manifold and possibly the TB and of coarse a retune for all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread