Is this a symptom of the downward spiral of Ford?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Is this a symptom of the downward spiral of Ford?​

In what regard? Are you asking if this might indicate Ford as a company is in a downward spiral because they're pulling out of the 2022 SEMA Show? Answer.....NO!

Reading the news report, it seems that the response from Ford conflicts a bit with SEMA's statement.

Ford Statement
Ford will still have a presence at SEMA, but instead of our traditional displays, we look forward to showcasing our winning portfolio of vehicles in select displays at the show and digitally online. We will share more details closer to SEMA.

SEMA Statement
Due to a change in corporate strategy, Ford and Honda will not be displaying at the 2022 SEMA Show.

I'm sure a more clear understanding of whether or not Ford will, or will not, have ANY presence at SEMA 2022 will come soon.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't fall for the Rivian 'accounting' games.
Amazon showed a loss if the first quarter for the first time since forever because of it's Rivian investment...
If Ford and Amazon are taking such huge hits, I doubt it is an "accounting" game.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford stock has lost 27% of its value in the first quarter of this year.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I actually do install/dismantle of these type of events..

The cost of these events are ungodly,

Since covid we took a major hit,
It's just picking up slowly,
These shows bring in people from all over the world.
Attendance is to low .

OTC is going on now in Houston, lucky if half the hall is used.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From a Fox News article today.

An industry-wide chip shortage hurt Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) in March when U.S. light vehicle sales fell 26%, but analysts have noted that demand remains strong and inventory is rebuilding.
Overall inventory in transit rose 73.5% from February, including up 127% for the crucial F-Series line. That means the F-Series year-over-year decline are unlikely to repeat all year, especially when the year-over-year comparables start to lap when the chip shortage started in June of 2021.
Ford's (F) push to have consumers order ahead of time continues to gain momentum with a record 41% of retail channel deliveries from previously placed orders, which is up notably from 33% in February
"Ford is turning itself around by focusing on light-truck models in the U.S., which we think is the right move given light trucks are over 75% of U.S. industry new light-vehicle sales," stated Morningstar analyst David Whiston.
Whiston thinks Ford's challenge is to increase share profitably while elevating Lincoln into a global luxury brand. Headwinds from areas such as restructuring and commodities are seen, while investments in mobility and electrification are noted to take years to bear fruit.
Shares of Ford (F) have shed close to 20% year-to-date, but are ahead of the return of rival General Motors.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
All I can say for certain is that I have three newish Fords and they all have shite quality issues. These are well known quality issues that every Ford has. They should be embarrassed.

I'm out on buying another piece of shite Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread