It was worth the wait. (My first Terminator)

Hotsawce

Established Member
I've been drooling over the Terminators since they came out and have been jealously browsing YouTube videos and these forums for years. I’ve always looked through eBay and the used car sites but never with the serious intention of buying up until a few months ago (some friendly encouragement in the form of "What the hell are you waiting for?" from a buddy of mine recently helped also). I was willing to wait for the right car: something with low miles, relatively untouched, in one of the colors I wanted.

Last week a new listing popped up on one of my apps. It showed low miles and an awesome price, about 90 miles from me, but no pictures. Thinking it was too good to be true or maybe the car had some damage, I hopped on the dealer's website to see if it had any images of the car yet and sure enough they had plenty of pictures up, and the car looked to be in fantastic shape. I called the dealership to check the status of the car, what they knew about it, etc. Satisfied with their answers and the Carfax report, I immediately got in the car and started the hour and a half drive to the dealership (although it seemed 10 times as long while I was driving). Got up there, car looked great, felt fantastic on the test drive and an hour or so later I was driving home in my own Terminator (FINALLY).

The car is a 2004 Redfire coupe, #1878. 17,000mi and basically stock (aside from what I believe is a Borla Touring CB and new tires). Glad to finally be a part of the community and looking forward to continued reading and posting more in the future.

7f1b39acbf6acaf9cffd5235394afb38.jpg

788f95ccd02de7098ed5dcb5b15d4acb.jpg

26d6fb248fb8d1901ace4c68c381c506.jpg

2dc0508d9b53053ba4a69ccd8fb0dccc.jpg

f6152c97a5cbd9383712c302af5c1a61.jpg

87dcd6df47ef745ec1460abfa5a3f5e0.jpg

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Congrats! That is a great looking car. Redfire is one of the most underrated colors. I think it is one of the best colors. Maybe because the first Terminator I ever saw in person was Redfire. Enjoy your new car!

svtrookie

Established Member
It really looks clean! Welcome to the club and Enjoy! All you need to do is swap the front snake out to the horse or normal sized snake and the car will be mint!

Noreast

Established Member
Welcome !! Smart buying on your end by waiting for the right one to show up! Good luck with it

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Congrats, paint looks great. Even if you plan to keep it "stock", add a MGW shifter - it makes driving the car more enjoyable.

Hotsawce

Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Yeah - normal sized cobra emblem is already on the way! First thing I noticed too...

Hotsawce

Established Member
Congrats, paint looks great. Even if you plan to keep it "stock", add a MGW shifter - it makes driving the car more enjoyable.

Thanks! A new shifter is definitely in the future. I plan on installing the typical bolt-ons and a tune at some point, despite the tiny voice in my head asking me to keep it stock.

kng1999

Established Member
Congratulations! That car looks beautiful! You will absolutely love it :beer:

cdurbin328

CDurbin328
Established Member
Congrats on your new purchase. Great looking car. I too just purchased my first Terminator about 3 months ago. I've had a smile on my face ever since :)

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Great looking RF!! Pics dont do Redfire any justice at all, when these cars are in the sunlight they really do look amazing. I could be biased since I have one myself, but its still my 2nd favorite color............OW being my favorite.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The seat look like they are out of an 03 (04 center was charcoal gray not light gray).

"When" you pull a spark plug check to if there are 9 threads in the heads (late 04) or 4 threads (03/early 04) but don't do this until you have to the 4 thread heads are very prone to stripping.

Users who are viewing this thread