It's true what they say!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember when I was a young kid there was talk of a Chinese restaurant in New Haven getting cited for serving cat. I would never eat there again. To this day, I am leery of eating in a Chinese restaurant. This story confirms my phobia. LOL! And this is just ONE report. When people immigrate from countries with practices like this, why would we not expect they would do the same here!? When caught, they're excuse is always "I didn't know it was wrong". :dw:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
in 2001, we served a warrant on a local asian place for serving cat. i thought a joke was bring pulled on me, until health department and FDA came in.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
This! I eat it every time I visit family in TN! OP shouldn't worry so much about deer meat being used at a Chinese restaurant...

I have eaten deer before, and like the taste. However, I have a couple of issues about it being wheeled into the kitchen in a wheel-barrow after being picked off the interstate and then tossed onto the grill. :shrug:

I wonder what eventually happened to the remains, since they weren't served at the restaurant. Taken home by some of the workers perhaps?

wht93gted

Established Member
Chinese people will eat anything; my father and I spent a lot of time surf fishing when I was a kid. We kept just about everything we caught, because if we didn't want to eat it, we'd just bring it to the Chinese place near our house and they'd give us whatever free food we wanted.

Just like the article, they weren't going to serve it to customers; it was their dinner. To this day, my dad still brings them his daily catches.

I would have an issue though with them storing roadkill in the same cooler my sweet & sour chicken.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
same thing happened to a little chinese place in elkin, NC some years back...had never eaten there thank god

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Chinese people will eat anything; my father and I spent a lot of time surf fishing when I was a kid. We kept just about everything we caught, because if we didn't want to eat it, we'd just bring it to the Chinese place near our house and they'd give us whatever free food we wanted.

Just like the article, they weren't going to serve it to customers; it was their dinner. To this day, my dad still brings them his daily catches.

I would have an issue though with them storing roadkill in the same cooler my sweet & sour chicken.

Oh dude back when I lived in CA I would go pier fishing and catch all kinds of benetta and mackeral. Damn asian people swooped in all the time asking if they could have em.

Users who are viewing this thread