Jacksonville FL people, need some help

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
hey guys.......Recently I won an engine from this ebay auction:

Fully Built Teksid 4V Modular Motor Cobra | eBay

Because the guy had zero feedback, I called the phone number in the auction description and talked to him extensively about the engine. What he had to say sounded good but I still waited as long as possible before placing a bid. He did mention that he couldn't let the engine go for less than $5800 BUT, he never placed a reserve on the auction.
Now that the auction is over with, he sent me a message through Ebay declaring that he still needs $5800 for the engine and asks if I'm interested lol.........Obviously I had the winning bid of $3900 so legally, the engine is mine.

So I did a little research on the guy.......all of this is public information that was found by Google so there shouldn't be any problems with posting it up.

The guys name is Isael Gonzalez Cordova of Jacksonville FL 32211 (as shown in the email from ebay saying "Pay for this item") and this is his facebook page which includes photos of the engine from ebay AND shows it installed in his Fox coupe:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.4227291972143.160703.1580633584&type=3

I also found these..........Apparently he's been in a bit of trouble lately....This could explain the "emergency" that he referred to as the reason for the sale of the engine....

Isael Gonzalez-cordova Mug Shot

ISAEL GONZALEZ CORDOVA | Arrested on November 16, 2012 | JailBase

Where you guys come in:
Using the Jacksonville address, is there anyone local who could swing by there and see if the red fox coupe or the blue Toyota Tundra are there? Those vehicles are from two pictures on his facebook page. Basically see if the address on the florida.arrests.org website matches those pictures on his Facebook page.

I would be willing to forward a little cash to someone who can provide me this bit of "intel" as it would lead me to then file with the state attorny generals office and with the Jacksonville Sheriffs department on charges of Internet Fraud if it is determined that I have legal grounds to do so. Obviously I would need proof that this address matches the pictures of the house on his facebook page with those cars there.

Send me a PM if anyone local to this guy is interested, thanks!

Last edited:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
If you have not already paid him the money, I believe all Ebay will do is kick him off eBay if he refuses to sell the motor to you at the cost you won it for.

That said, if you have NOT paid, I'd cut and run, glad that you weren't sending money off to a scumbag who you have no idea whether or not you'd ever see that motor.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
If you have not already paid him the money, I believe all Ebay will do is kick him off eBay if he refuses to sell the motor to you at the cost you won it for.

That said, if you have NOT paid, I'd cut and run, glad that you weren't sending money off to a scumbag who you have no idea whether or not you'd ever see that motor.

This. If you haven't yet paid him, consider yourself lucky and move on.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
I haven't paid yet but once I have the proof that I need to send the guy packing, I will pay but it will be in a form of payment that I know I can get the money back.

Honestly, the engine is way more important to me than the money. Not to mention of the principle of the matter that someone thinks they can get away with some crap like this. He allegedly has a few problems with the law already and apparently hasn't learned to steer clear of trouble.
He just happened to pick the wrong person to try to screw over.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
I am a Florida LEO. Advice: You're not going to be able to get the Police to charge him with any kind of fraud. It's all civil. You would have to sue him to get the motor for the auction ending price. DO NOT PAY HIM that is the dumbest thing you could do at this point; especially with what he was arrested for. Cut your losses and get him kicked off ebay and be done with it.

Last edited:

mr-proper

Established Member
I haven't paid yet but once I have the proof that I need to send the guy packing, I will pay but it will be in a form of payment that I know I can get the money back.

Honestly, the engine is way more important to me than the money. Not to mention of the principle of the matter that someone thinks they can get away with some crap like this. He allegedly has a few problems with the law already and apparently hasn't learned to steer clear of trouble.
He just happened to pick the wrong person to try to screw over.

i wouldn't buy the engine, just for the reason he got in trouble for credit cart fraud! how do you think he payed for engine ?? somebody's else money.
i wouldn't support that scumbag

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Oh yeah..that motor has been high 9's lol

And beat on a lot. Called a buddy who's seen it.

Yeah I finally got him to admit that the motor has been rebuilt because it spun a couple of main bearings the first time around. So his "no use, 0 miles" is actually, "rebuilt from damage".

Since it has been rebuilt, that further reduces the value of it. No WAY it's worth the $5800 he wants for it especially since it's already taken damage and heavy abuse.

knarias

Established Member
First at all, I TOLD u from day one that I was NOT gonna take a dime less than 5800$ for the motor, we talked about and I repeated a few times that 5800 was my bottom line, I told u that for some reason ebay wouldnt let me put a reserve on it, I told u that also, u wanted tobplay smart and try and get the motor for 3k, well that aint gonna work buddy. Now tell me how the hell did I scam u???? U wanted receipts for the build, I sent u pocs of them, I even gave u the ****ing number of the machine ahop that worked on it so u can call urself and verified it urself. Motor was in the car for 2k miles, spun a main bearing so I pull it off, and had my builder/machine ahop go over it and make and fix whatever beeded to be fixed. I told u not send a dollar bc I was NOT gonna take a dime less than 5800 for it, did I take ur money? Did I lied about the parts on the build? Didnt I gabe u the nimber to the machine shop? Didnt I sent u pics of the receipt s????? Yes yes yes and yes, u just butthurt that ur plan didnt work, didnt I specifically told u from day one that my bottom line was 5800?!?!? Then what made u think that I was gonna take ur 3800?

knarias

Established Member
U even told me that u were gonna make the paymenr thru ebay on purpose so that u could start a ****ing claim.... to make me look like I fuxking took ur money.

knarias

Established Member
The point here "cupcake" is that I told him from day pne WAY before he placed the bid, that I was NOT gonna take less than 5800... is not like I changed myind later on and asked for moee money, I was pretty straight up from day one

tistan

Established Member
If you couldn't figure out how to put a reserve on it, then why the hell didn't you start the bidding at $5800?

Users who are viewing this thread