Jacksonville FL people, need some help

knarias

Established Member
Bc ebay wouldnt let me, he knew what my bottom dollar was from the beginning, I sent him all the pics he asked for, showed him proof of the build/receipts, etc... again from day one I told him I was NOT gonna go below 5800 as I was losing my ass on it already, im just doing exactly what I told him I was gonna do NOT TAKE LESS THAN WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT.

RussZTT

Established Member
I can vouch for him, he isn't out to screw anyone nor have I ever heard any stories of him doing so.

knarias

Established Member
He realizes the motor really is what I say it is (hence why he aays that he soesnt care about the money, he wants the motor) but he has to finally understand once and for all that less than 5800 is not gonna achieve that....
Ps. Thanks russ
There re bunch of local ppl that knows me and know the car/motor and can vouch for that

94_Vert

Established Member
ebay will let you put a reserve on anything, and you can start the bidding at any amount.

I'm guessing you didn't put a reserve on it and started the bidding low because you thought it would attract more bidders. ebay doesn't care what unprovable claims you might have told potential bidders. You have to sell the engine for what it ends at, thus its called an "auction".

Jack Burton

Established Member
I can vouch for him, he isn't out to screw anyone nor have I ever heard any stories of him doing so.

Considering he got arrested for fraudulent use of identification and credit cards, I'd say he's been caught screwing people.

The fact that he wasn't bright enough to put a reserve on the auction falls on him. Not the OP's problem that the seller isn't living up to the auction terms.

"0" miles. :lol1:

AParrette

Established Member
Subscribed

Purchase Conditions

You are responsible for reading the full item listing, including any instructions the seller provides, before making a bid or commitment to buy. Unless otherwise stated, by making a bid or commitment to buy an item on eBay, you are committing to buy the item from the seller listing the item. If you make a commitment to buy or your bid is the winning bid or is otherwise accepted, you enter into a legally binding contract with the seller and are obligated to purchase the item. For motor vehicles and real estate, a bid or offer initiates a non-binding transaction representing a buyer's serious expression of interest in buying the seller's item and does not create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

And

What happens when you win an online auction at an incredible bargain, but the seller refuses to honor the transaction? I get asked this question a lot by readers. eBay has rules for sellers including one called "Seller Non-Performance" (link).

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract.

eBay tells buyers that, If a seller has refused to complete a sale, and payment has not been sent or payment has been refunded, report the seller. Make sure to include a copy of the email documenting the seller's refusal to complete the sale with the full message text and complete email headers when making your report.

If the seller still refuses to complete the transaction, it appears to me the buyer has an option to retain legal counsel. I urge buyers to use common sense - there may be a valid reason a seller cannot complete the transaction. But if it appears the seller is merely disappointed that the item did not get a higher price, or that the seller is using the listings as a form of advertising, that's a different story.

There are likely some cases in the U.S. where buyers have taken sellers to court over non-performance, but I have not seen much written about such cases.

It's important to note that while much attention is paid to seller fraud, unfortunately buyer fraud is also alive and well online. And buyers also renege on transactions, thus the need for eBay's UPI (unpaid item) process (link).

knarias

Established Member
Considering he got arrested for fraudulent use of identification and credit cards, I'd say he's been caught screwing people.

The fact that he wasn't bright enough to put a reserve on the auction falls on him. Not the OP's problem that the seller isn't living up to the auction terms.

"0" miles. :lol1:

How is not 0 miles?? Plz explain urself..... bc the motor was taken apart, overhauled and havent been put back into the car..... how is that not 0 miles??

knarias

Established Member
I even told him that I highly preferred for him to come see the motor personally..... I will stand behind what that motor is capable of all day, and it is not going anywhere

Jack Burton

Established Member
How is not 0 miles?? Plz explain urself..... bc the motor was taken apart, overhauled and havent been put back into the car..... how is that not 0 miles??

All of that was listed in the ad, correct? Sure doesn't sound like it from the OP.

Jack Burton

Established Member
and it is not going anywhere

Yes, you have made it abundantly clear that you aren't honoring the terms and conditions of Ebay, the auction which you created, and the terms of the contract. Then again, considering what you were arrested for and with a $50k bond, you don't exactly fall into the category of what most would call a person with high morals and integrity.

knarias

Established Member
He knows exactly whats done to thw motor and when it was done..... I showed him the paperwork and gave him the phone number to the machine shop so he could verified it himself, I still fail to see how the **** I scammed him?!?!?!? Did I take his money? No is the motor NOT what I told him it was? No am I chamging my mind about the price I told him from the beginning? No

Jack Burton

Established Member
Quoted directly from the sellers ad:

Seller Notes: “Read below for full specs of the motor.... it has never been used, 0 miles”

Definitely misleading. There is a difference between I've run this motor, spun the bearings, and rebuilt it due to the damage Vs this motor has never been used, 0 miles.

Black0ut

Established Member
Quoted directly from the sellers ad:

Definitely misleading. There is a difference between I've run this motor, spun the bearings, and rebuilt it due to the damage Vs this motor has never been used, 0 miles.

Technicalities...

;-)

knarias

Established Member
Has it been run since the overhaul? Heck, has it even been put back into the car since then? NO, so bottom line it havent been used since the build.

knarias

Established Member
I havent lied about a thing on the damn motor nor the price..... again where did I scammed the guy????

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
knarias Id be careful with what you post in here. A lot of this may be used against you in civil court. Unfortunately for you, you were completely in the wrong. OP has you at this point. What he chooses to do, you better hope he doesnt pursue anything.

Users who are viewing this thread