Jacksonville FL people, need some help

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Has it been run since the overhaul? Heck, has it even been put back into the car since then? NO, so bottom line it havent been used since the build.

Except everything else that wasn't damage has had miles. So yes.. not only is it misleading, it's a LIE.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Seller is in the wrong here, could have ended the auction at any time. There is a little link to click on to end it, could have re listed with a reserve price

Jack Burton

Established Member
Has it been run since the overhaul? Heck, has it even been put back into the car since then? NO, so bottom line it havent been used since the build.

Even better. Selling an engine that hasn't even been run yet. So, as of now you have no idea if the engine is stable or not and if everything is in perfect running order. I'm sure if some poor guy bought this and it had major issues upon start up you would refund the money straight up and take the engine back cause you are a straight up guy right? I mean, you sound like such an honest guy from your above posts. :lol:

Jack Burton

Established Member

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
My .02 worth:

cobraman1024, I'd let this go if I were you. You can't trust this engine, you're already wading through too much crap on the whole deal. Hold on to your money for the next one that comes up. File your complaint with ebay and just let this one go and count yourself lucky.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

Jack Burton

Established Member
My .02 worth:

cobraman1024, I'd let this go if I were you. You can't trust this engine, you're already wading through too much crap on the whole deal. Hold on to your money for the next one that comes up. File your complaint with ebay and just let this one go and count yourself lucky.

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
First at all, I TOLD u from day one that I was NOT gonna take a dime less than 5800$ for the motor, we talked about and I repeated a few times that 5800 was my bottom line, I told u that for some reason ebay wouldnt let me put a reserve on it, I told u that also, u wanted tobplay smart and try and get the motor for 3k, well that aint gonna work buddy. Now tell me how the hell did I scam u???? U wanted receipts for the build, I sent u pocs of them, I even gave u the ****ing number of the machine ahop that worked on it so u can call urself and verified it urself. Motor was in the car for 2k miles, spun a main bearing so I pull it off, and had my builder/machine ahop go over it and make and fix whatever beeded to be fixed. I told u not send a dollar bc I was NOT gonna take a dime less than 5800 for it, did I take ur money? Did I lied about the parts on the build? Didnt I gabe u the nimber to the machine shop? Didnt I sent u pics of the receipt s????? Yes yes yes and yes, u just butthurt that ur plan didnt work, didnt I specifically told u from day one that my bottom line was 5800?!?!? Then what made u think that I was gonna take ur 3800?

First off cupcake, for the uncounted time, IT'S $3900!!! not $3800....figure out your numbers.
Twice in this post you stated that you sent me receipts for the build. Do you care post the proof that you sent those receipts to me? It's called a "sent item" in your email box or your iphone or whatever you used to send them. I'll save you the time looking though BECAUSE YOU NEVER ONCE SENT THEM!! I asked you for them before the auction and after the auction, but you still never sent them.

U even told me that u were gonna make the paymenr thru ebay on purpose so that u could start a ****ing claim.... to make me look like I fuxking took ur money.

Yes I told you I was going to make the payment through Ebay "on purpose" so that I could start a claim. Ebay needs a record of payment before they will allow a claim to be opened. A claim cannot be opened any less than 10 days following completed payment. So yeah, I wanted to make that payment so that 10 days could elapse and I could open my claim!!

The point here "cupcake" is that I told him from day pne WAY before he placed the bid, that I was NOT gonna take less than 5800... is not like I changed myind later on and asked for moee money, I was pretty straight up from day one

You actually did change your mind and ask for more money later on. You entered into an agreement with Ebay that you would sell the engine at the final bid price of $3900. You changed your mind when you decided you didn't want to sell the engine at $3900 and yeah, you did ask for more money---you told me to let you know if I was interested in purchasing at $5800.

Bc ebay wouldnt let me, he knew what my bottom dollar was from the beginning, I sent him all the pics he asked for, showed him proof of the build/receipts, etc... again from day one I told him I was NOT gonna go below 5800 as I was losing my ass on it already, im just doing exactly what I told him I was gonna do NOT TAKE LESS THAN WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT.

Ebay wouldn't you my ass lol You even admitted that it was your first time using ebay and you didn't know how to use it. Sorry you can't read english buddy. And I believe that's the 3rd time you've stated you sent receipts but you never did.

He realizes the motor really is what I say it is (hence why he aays that he soesnt care about the money, he wants the motor) but he has to finally understand once and for all that less than 5800 is not gonna achieve that....
Ps. Thanks russ
There re bunch of local ppl that knows me and know the car/motor and can vouch for that

As far Russ saying that you aren't out to scam people......I believe your arrest record for credit card fraud can vouch for that NOT being true.

I don't care about the money because I need a motor for my '96 Cobra. I won it fair and square.

How is not 0 miles?? Plz explain urself..... bc the motor was taken apart, overhauled and havent been put back into the car..... how is that not 0 miles??

The heads are not 0 miles and they're part of the engine, right??

I even told him that I highly preferred for him to come see the motor personally..... I will stand behind what that motor is capable of all day, and it is not going anywhere

You never said you highly prefer me to come see the motor in person.

He knows exactly whats done to thw motor and when it was done..... I showed him the paperwork and gave him the phone number to the machine shop so he could verified it himself, I still fail to see how the **** I scammed him?!?!?!? Did I take his money? No is the motor NOT what I told him it was? No am I chamging my mind about the price I told him from the beginning? No

4th time you've stated that you showed me paperwork.........no you haven't and you can't prove that you did either. It's not in the auction, it's not in my email and it's not in your email 'sent items' either!!

I havent lied about a thing on the damn motor nor the price..... again where did I scammed the guy????

You lied about the engine never being used. Everything on that engine has been used except the main bearings.....so yeah you did lie. You scammed me by leading me to believe that the auction was a true auction and that you were going to follow in the spirit and intent of ebay and sell an item for the final winning bid.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
OP, you are wasting your time. You are going to have to file in small claims court to get the motor for what you paid for it, even then it's no guarantee. Get your $ back while you still can and chalk it up to a loss

RussZTT

Established Member
Let it go, OP didn't send money, seller didn't get money. He can re-list the engine with a reserve, OP can look for another motor.

Nobody got screwed, simple.

Last edited:

AParrette

Established Member
If you are going to file hit file print and choose pdf if will make any forum page into a convenient pdf which can always help you if need be

Coiled03

Established Member
Can't trust the seller.
Can't trust the engine.

Walk away.....I don't know why you'd waste any effort pursuing this any further, OP, especially if no money has changed hands, yet.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Again, no money was exchanged so really no, nobody was scammed. Ya, sucks it didn't work out. Lay off the pride and move onto the next deal.

lol no not really. Somebody was almost taken advantage of.

It's not a move on kinda thing.

RussZTT

Established Member
lol no not really. Somebody was almost taken advantage of.

It's not a move on kinda thing.
I don't really see how. I mean yeah, maybe he doesn't know how to use Ebay and it was his fault he didn't set a reserve but apparently he did tell him what his price was and wouldn't except anything less.

Moving on.

u n v kenny

Established Member
If you take it to "small claims court," you may "win" the item at the $3900 you won it at.

However, upon receiving the motor from seller, it definitely will probably not be the way it is sitting now.

Let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread