James Ford Dealership Half Moon Bay experiences

3Laser3

Established Member
James Ford Dealership Half Moon Bay experiences?

Has anybody dealt with the James Ford Dealership in Half Moon Bay? Anything good or bad to say about them? I've been in the market for a 10th anniversary Cobra which they have, and was wondering if anybody has done business with them. I emailed them with questions, but they only answered a couple so I sent them another email with the questions that weren't answered and I'm waiting for a response back. Thanks in advance for the input.

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I have never bought a car from them, but was considering a car they had for sale before I bought my Cobra approximately three years ago. I drive by the dealership every so often when the weather is nice. Considering they are a small dealership located in a small town on the coast, they tend to have a lot of Cobras, GT500s, and Lightenings. Most of the cars I've seen appear to be nice, but I feel they are generally priced relatively high.

If you are seriously interested in the car, I would be happy to drive over to the coast and give it a thorough inspection for you.

Matt

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
My cousin baught his silver 03 cobra from James Ford but he did overpay IMO. It came with chrome 03's which he was not really into (doesn't like chrome at all) so he called up the dealership and asked if he can trade his chome 03's for satin 03's that was on another cobra on the lot. They said to bring the car in and they did the trade. Also had a broken 3rd brake light when he baught it and they baught him a new one also.

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
I went there to buy a white coupe before i bought my vert... I decieded id rather fly to San Diego and buy a car rather than buy from them. They were rude over priced and wouldnt let me even start the car up. They looked at me and my pops as if we were just some broke mexicans out for a joy ride..... even though i had cash in hand for it so i said thanks anyways wel buy elsewhere. Another 2 buddies of mine had similar experiences with them minus the looking at them as broke asses but they still were treated poorly from what they told me.

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
That place was a joke. When I was looking for a new Cobra, they wouldn't even bother telling me the sale price of the car, trade-in price, APR, or length of the term. They said, and this is no joke, 'all that doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the monthly payment.' I couldn't believe they thought I was going to be that stupid.

101blur

Established Member
well I bought that 10anny cobra i think you are talking about.. the red with black wheels..?
anyways i thought that they were ok the sales men were nothing speacil.. the finace guy ED was very nice to me and worked hard at getting me the deal i asked for..
I thought they are a little priced high but thats marin county for you.. but the car i bought was very clean and i got a good deal on a full coverage warranty thru them..
I dont think they are anything special they just happened to have the car i was looking for at a ok price..

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
Theyre jerks, wouldnt let me test drive it , same experience as 04cobr408, think he saw that I was mexican and totally ignored the fact that I had cash in hand, i had 2k less than his asking price and he wouldnt budge at ALL, they honestly said "we could knock of 200 bucks but thats its"

never again

3Laser3

Established Member
101blur, that was the one I was looking at online. I sent them an email about the car with a list of questions, they answered a couple a few days later. I sent them another email with the remaining questions and never got a response back. Very frustrating because it was what I was looking for. Was it stock other than the cai? Sounds like quite a bit of negative feedback from them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
ive actually had good luck there with there sales, i have delt with Sean Johnson an bought 2 mustangs from the there. my old 03 cobra vert an now my 08 GT500, also ive been looking at there KR too. also i had good luck with there finace guy ED too. but im not to fond of there service dept. they make it hard to do TSB's

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
well I bought that 10anny cobra i think you are talking about.. the red with black wheels..?
anyways i thought that they were ok the sales men were nothing speacil.. the finace guy ED was very nice to me and worked hard at getting me the deal i asked for..
I thought they are a little priced high but thats marin county for you.. but the car i bought was very clean and i got a good deal on a full coverage warranty thru them..
I dont think they are anything special they just happened to have the car i was looking for at a ok price..

congrats on you new car man :beer:

101blur

Established Member
101blur, that was the one I was looking at online. I sent them an email about the car with a list of questions, they answered a couple a few days later. I sent them another email with the remaining questions and never got a response back. Very frustrating because it was what I was looking for. Was it stock other than the cai? Sounds like quite a bit of negative feedback from them.

basically stock car just the K&N filter and bassani cat back.. for performance parts. it had some small parts to like stubby antenna, cobra in the grill and styling bar plus the black wheels with are 17x9 and 17x10 ..

101blur

Established Member
sry to here that all you other guys had such a hard time with them.. I hate being treated like im not there.. specially when it come to making the next largest purchase other then a house..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
thanks man yeah that KR is nasty but I say buy that blacked out 2010 gt500.. that thing was pure sex..:rockon:

ill prolly just wait an hold on to mine the KR is still too much for me too pay. an yes the black 2010 is nice only problem is idk if i want a 2010 with the 2011's around the corner

XXXLCOBRA

Established Member
I called them about the Mystichrome that they had on the lot and they couldn't/wouldn't give me any info about the car, it's condition, or mods on it. They said come down and see/drive it in person, and that's it. A friend of mine who was also looking for an 03-04 Cobra was in the area and stopped by later that week. They wouldn't let him drive it without running a credit check even though he is 40 years old. He said that they wouldn't even start it up for him at first, but finally did only because he was concerned that the aftermarket exhaust would be too loud. IMO their price was way too high, I paid $7000 less than they were originally asking when I found my MC, and my buddy got his vert for $6000 less with way lower miles. They have some really nice cars, but just don't seem very interested in selling them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I called them about the Mystichrome that they had on the lot and they couldn't/wouldn't give me any info about the car, it's condition, or mods on it. They said come down and see/drive it in person, and that's it. A friend of mine who was also looking for an 03-04 Cobra was in the area and stopped by later that week. They wouldn't let him drive it without running a credit check even though he is 40 years old. He said that they wouldn't even start it up for him at first, but finally did only because he was concerned that the aftermarket exhaust would be too loud. IMO their price was way too high, I paid $7000 less than they were originally asking when I found my MC, and my buddy got his vert for $6000 less with way lower miles. They have some really nice cars, but just don't seem very interested in selling them.

sorry you got a bad time with them an your buddy. i only deal with one guy Sean Johnson an he treats me very well ive never paid a MSRP or sticker price.

3Laser3

Established Member
I called them about the Mystichrome that they had on the lot and they couldn't/wouldn't give me any info about the car, it's condition, or mods on it. They said come down and see/drive it in person, and that's it.

This is the way I felt about these guys. I sent them a list of questions and they answered by saying it was a clean car. It's very annoying for a buyer not to know anything about the car because the seller wont give any information. With all of these comments about these guys and my little experience with them, I'm not sure if I'd ever consider buying anything from these guys.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I went there to buy a white coupe before i bought my vert... I decieded id rather fly to San Diego and buy a car rather than buy from them. They were rude over priced

+1. My experience with them was the same as this back when I was looking to buy. They were straight assholes. Worst dealership I've EVER been to.

I couldn't believe they were trying to sell something, and actually thought I would move forward with purchasing a car with the way they treated me. I ended up just walking out on them. Complete waste of my time.

I will never buy from them, or recommend anyone else to buy from them.

Users who are viewing this thread