January Meeting - FOOTBALL

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Prasad, come on man. I gotta see the Cobra, or did you store it already? And what could be more important than a MACA GTG?? :-D :poke:

my car never gets stored for winter. I'll be out there in any amount of snow driving on my nitto's until I get stuck...lol i don't believe in storing a car...a car is meant be driven not put in a garage.

i may not have my car for the football GTG though...it may be at the shop getting the new centerforce 6 puck clutch put in as well as a 26spline input shaft and steel flywheel....then as soon as bill gets the KB back from KB it will go on as well...

but...my car is at sheehy still getting repainted (hood, rear quarter panels, front bumper...all under warranty :) ). hopefully I'll get it back before this weekend...but i'm not going to rush them on this...i want to make sure they do a good job when it comes to painting

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Lou, gotta check to see when the MoCo crowd wants to caravan on over. Probably around 2:00 or so..... There will probably be 6 or so of us.

Need some volunteers to bring sodas (beer?) and munchies. I'm good for a case of coke/pepsi. And Lou, you can't bring anything since you hooked us up at the AR Dyno Day!

And if you want to do some mods to your car, post up so Evan can get a talley. Exhaust, CAI's, shifters, spring installs, compression checks, etc. Can probably have a pulley puller there if someone wants to go that route. They'll be plenty of help and expertise there, (except Rick...you're not allowed!!....unless you want to.....jk).

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I would like to be there earlier 9 or 10am? depending on the amount of mods. 2pm is not early enough to get everything done from what I have seen posted so far. I will be there as early as needed.

Rick can be the consultant if it is needed, but it is his day off, so he isn't allowed to pick up tools like Dwight said. :thumbsup:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
I would like to be there earlier 9 or 10am? depending on the amount of mods. 2pm is not early enough to get everything done from what I have seen posted so far. I will be there as early as needed.

Rick can be the consultant if it is needed, but it is his day off, so he isn't allowed to pick up tools like Dwight said. :thumbsup:

I'll hold the flashlight..

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah I am thinking we would need to start early to get all the mods done...I may have another mod to add...but, I will hold off on saying what until I am sure... :-D

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I just thought of something...who has done the hood flap mod? Is it something that could be done at the Football GTG? Is there anyone in the group that could assist me in this mod there...or will it take to long? I really would like to get this done..especially since there is so much heat under the hood of these things.

IronTerp

Cobra330 said:
I just thought of something...who has done the hood flap mod? Is it something that could be done at the Football GTG? Is there anyone in the group that could assist me in this mod there...or will it take to long? I really would like to get this done..especially since there is so much heat under the hood of these things.
Well, you have two choices Mike....You can just take the hood blanket off and either cut the flaps or pin them back with tape or velcro. Or you can modify the blanket to enlarge the opening and pin the flaps behind the blanket. You'll just need a razor blade and some material (tape or flex trim) to seal the edges of the cut blanket.

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Lou, gotta check to see when the MoCo crowd wants to caravan on over. Probably around 2:00 or so..... There will probably be 6 or so of us.

Need some volunteers to bring sodas (beer?) and munchies. I'm good for a case of coke/pepsi. And Lou, you can't bring anything since you hooked us up at the AR Dyno Day!

And if you want to do some mods to your car, post up so Evan can get a talley. Exhaust, CAI's, shifters, spring installs, compression checks, etc. Can probably have a pulley puller there if someone wants to go that route. They'll be plenty of help and expertise there, (except Rick...you're not allowed!!....unless you want to.....jk).

OK, I will be there for sure....the only mod I may do is the trunk lid mat if I have it. Because it is so basic it really does not matter to me. I am looking forward to just hanging out. I will probally arrive around 10:30-11:00.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Yeah I am thinking we would need to start early to get all the mods done...I may have another mod to add...but, I will hold off on saying what until I am sure... :-D

I think I know what it is... :p

Jason, I'm fine with going early around 9 or 10, maybe we can knock out my springs before everyone shows up.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Well, you have two choices Mike....You can just take the hood blanket off and either cut the flaps or pin them back with tape or velcro. Or you can modify the blanket to enlarge the opening and pin the flaps behind the blanket. You'll just need a razor blade and some material (tape or flex trim) to seal the edges of the cut blanket.

So I take it is not that hard, eh? Also..where do I get the flex trim from? Anyone have any extra or know where to get it...quick like?

Thanks!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
IronTerp said:

How did you get the plastic snaps out that hold the blanket on? Is thier a tool I need for that?

IronTerp

You can get the flex trim from a marine supply store. That's what I used and it makes a clean finish, but other guys have used alternatives with good results.

i pull the snaps out with a 1" putty knife with no problem. Or, you can use the claw end of a small hammer. There is a specific tool for it, but you really don't need it IMO.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
IronTerp said:
You can get the flex trim from a marine supply store. That's what I used and it makes a clean finish, but other guys have used alternatives with good results.

i pull the snaps out with a 1" putty knife with no problem. Or, you can use the claw end of a small hammer. There is a specific tool for it, but you really don't need it IMO.

Thanks Dwight. Okay.gotta go find a marine supply store close.

TRBO VNM

Cobra330 said:
Thanks Dwight. Okay.gotta go find a marine supply store close.

I have the special tool. so if you wait till the GTG to do this, I can bring it.

We need another thread.....I am going to start it and need everyone to post what they want done so we can get a list going.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
I have the special tool. so if you wait till the GTG to do this, I can bring it.

We need another thread.....I am going to start it and need everyone to post what they want done so we can get a list going.

Okay...Jason I will wait.

Anyone know where a Marine Supply Store is so, I can get the flex trim? Sean...they have them in Annapolis right?? Or does anyone know around here MoCo area?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Thanks! I will check that out this weekend probably!

Mike, you'll have to excuse me. I must have been braindead for all of your previous posts. I am a complete moron. There's a West Marine (boating store) approximately 3 miles from my house. I'll check it out tomorrow since I don't have to worry about work :thumbsup:

I'll also take care of the flat black spray paint for the covers before they go back on. :beer:

....What kind of boat-loving Annapolitan am I?? :nonono:

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Mike, you'll have to excuse me. I must have been braindead for all of your previous posts. I am a complete moron. There's a West Marine (boating store) approximately 3 miles from my house. I'll check it out tomorrow since I don't have to worry about work :thumbsup:

I'll also take care of the flat black spray paint for the covers before they go back on. :beer:

....What kind of boat-loving Annapolitan am I?? :nonono:

No problem Sean...if you can get it great..let me know. If not..I will stop by the one Scott mentioned this weekend. I think it adds a nice finishing touch so, I figured you would want it as well...Just let me know! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread