JDM's 2005 MUSTANG DYNO AND PICS!!

JimIII@jdm

This is our brand new 2005 Ford GT Mustang. Its Torch Red, has black interior, and its 5 speed. This is truely an awesome car and we are using it as a platform to design and build new parts for these cars. We already have on the car our new Catback (muffler back) exhaust which picked up 11 Horsepower. Amoung that its equipped with underdrive pullies, QA1 Drag Shocks to stop wheel hop, Lowering springs, Mickey Thompson 17" ET Streets, and most of all a SCT Flash tune done by Chris Johnson and Jim. Chris was here two weeks ago updating the software for the 05's. Jim and he spent half of the day on the dyno with the car. Now JDM has some kick A$$ tunes for the 05 Mustang! The car ran a 13.4 bone stock and is a mid 12 sec car now running a 12.50@108!! The car is making 300 HP and 315 torque! We will keep you guys updated on more info and soon our whipple install!

We will be offering parts and tunes for these cars very shortly!! Call us for more info! 732-780-0770

Last edited:

JimIII@jdm

Well I lied no pics I couldnt host them from my usual for some reason, but who can host them and a video of the exhaust for me??!?!

K-Dubb

Established Member
Could you scan those timeslips? 13.4 would be about the fastest ive seen bone stock, besides that 13.25 that was fake. 12.5@108 with just a tune, udps, and exhuast and slicks?? that is a high mph for such little power adders!

JSHTROD

Established Member
K-Dubb said:
Could you scan those timeslips? 13.4 would be about the fastest ive seen bone stock, besides that 13.25 that was fake. 12.5@108 with just a tune, udps, and exhuast and slicks?? that is a high mph for such little power adders!

Seems about right for a 32v Mach one... and with these new 3v heads, they're supposed to have similar power.

So... why not?

:shrug:

K-Dubb

Established Member
i didnt say it was fake, i just wanted to see the timeslips so other people would be believers since there are so many fake times going around the net on these cars...i think they are fully capable of that...just havent seen any proof yet.

Formula51

Established Member
Yes, please post a very detailed timeslip. With 60', 330', 1/8 mile (and speed). The 108mph is possibly believable with 300rwhp, but does seam a bit high. 108mph is more like 325ish. Especially considering, the what, 1.7 or less 60' you had to pull in order to run a 12.50 at only 108mph!

Shoot the more I think about this, the more it doesnt make sense to me. To run a 12.50 at 108mph means that you had an INCREDIBLE launch, which kills the mph. That would mean you would be in the 110mph range with say a spinning launch and a high 12.

All that power from a MUFFLER back exhaust, some pullies and a tune. That just doenst add up. Most GT's we are seeing are running between 99 and 102mph with 1.9-2.0 60' times. So you gained essentially 8 or more mph with those little mods. We need a timeslip bad here man. And please state what track it was at and what the conditions were. Thanks.

Anthony@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Formula51 said:
Yes, please post a very detailed timeslip. With 60', 330', 1/8 mile (and speed). The 108mph is possibly believable with 300rwhp, but does seam a bit high. 108mph is more like 325ish. Especially considering, the what, 1.7 or less 60' you had to pull in order to run a 12.50 at only 108mph!

Shoot the more I think about this, the more it doesnt make sense to me. To run a 12.50 at 108mph means that you had an INCREDIBLE launch, which kills the mph. That would mean you would be in the 110mph range with say a spinning launch and a high 12.

All that power from a MUFFLER back exhaust, some pullies and a tune. That just doenst add up. Most GT's we are seeing are running between 99 and 102mph with 1.9-2.0 60' times. So you gained essentially 8 or more mph with those little mods. We need a timeslip bad here man. And please state what track it was at and what the conditions were. Thanks.

I am sorry you doubt this. We are known in the 03 Cobra & Lightning world for our performance parts and getting great ET's out of them. We have now stepped into the 05 GT, our 05 GT actually had a better ET then a 12.50. You will read about it shortly in one of the more popular mustang magazines.

What is done to the car right now:
* Dyno tuned with SCT software in house.
* JDM Muffler-back system
* Underdrive pulleys
* QA1 Rear Shocks
* 4:30 Gears
* 17" ET Streets

The cars best 60 foot is a 1.65, that is launching off the rev limiter.
The cars best MPH 107.98, and as I stated before it has gone faster then a 12.50. The car has made 309rwhp on the dyno, in the upcoming weeks we are going to try to get into the 11's with new cams, intake runner control eliminators and a 4:56 gear. This car is at full street weight, spare tire and all. It will remain this weight. We weighed it in at the track at 3600 pounds.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
How is it "high"? With an LS1 F-body, making 300rwhp and running ~108mph...it's normal. But a similar weight Mustang, making the same horsepower and running 108mph is suspect? :cryying:
Formula51 said:
Dear Drag Racing Expert,
An "incredible launch" doesn't kill trap speed. In fact, it usually helps trap speed. :nonono: Gearing also plays a role. The 5-speed GT's have a 3.55 out back. This car is also running a 17" ET Street.
Formula51 said:
JDM is pretty well known in the SVT community. I seriously doubt they'd be on the internet telling lies about the '05 GT.
Here is the link with pics and dyno graph.
S.

K-Dubb

Established Member
ok that changes things a litte. You didnt post you had 4.30s in the original mods list. Also on Corral you posted that it ran a 12.45@109.. why not post that here too?

Those are some great times and i am impressed.

What mph was the stock run at with that 13.4? It would be nice if we could see some timeslips too.

Edit nevermind, you edited it a 107.9...still a 12.45 is better than the 12.5 you posted here.

Last edited:

rezcobra

Established Member
Well I quess if you're going to make some money in the hi-po aftermarket you better know your chit!!! Looks and sounds good! These new cars with the new platforms are gonna rock, especially with people like JDM wringing all the hp out of them!! Can't wait till the 5.4s come along, even N/A!

Anthony@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
Sho' me the timeslips and I'll sho' you the money.
As I stated in my earlier post
"You will read about it shortly in one of the more popular mustang magazines"

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
boy....I sure hope others out there who have been telling me I am a BS'r...read this topic....I can finally come out and say.....I told you so!! The new 05 Stangs are going to kick some serious butt!! For a non supercharged car.

You see....driver/track/weather....stock...equals 13.40's :D
with mods and most important..tune...mid 12's.

I win :D

Way to go JDM!!!

Formula51

Established Member
Thank you JDM. Your 60' time you stated was right on with what I was saying, sub 1.7. I am very impressed with the times.

I would still love to see a full timeslip just to see where you picked up all the power over stock. Is this going to be in the article?

Snorman, good to see you again buddy ;-)
The LS1 trapping 108mph usually has a lid and exhaust so you are talking like 330rwhp in a car that weighs in at about 3400-3500lbs.

Yes gearing plays a role, but for the majority a spinning launch (bogging is of course a different story) will net a higher trap speed. This is of course not always the case, but is a good rule of thumb for the average car.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
Snorman, good to see you again buddy ;-)
The LS1 trapping 108mph usually has a lid and exhaust so you are talking like 330rwhp in a car that weighs in at about 3400-3500lbs.
I should link this post on LS1tech.com so they can laugh at you. So an LS1 needs a lid and exhaust to run 108mph? You must be very ignorant about LS1 F-bodies. Very ignorant.
Listed curb weight of the '05 GT is 3450...damn close to a nicely optioned LS1 F-body.
Yes gearing plays a role, but for the majority a spinning launch (bogging is of course a different story) will net a higher trap speed. This is of course not always the case, but is a good rule of thumb for the average car.
This is a well qualified statement. You've covered both sides of the argument by using the phrases "for the majority" and "not always the case". In my experience, traction usually increases trap speed. The theory that tire spin increases trap speed is frequently thrown around, but I've yet to see it proven by anybody.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread