JDM's 2005 MUSTANG DYNO AND PICS!!

Formula51

Established Member
Anthony@JDM said:
This car is at full street weight, spare tire and all. It will remain this weight. We weighed it in at the track at 3600 pounds.

I know what the "listed" curb weight is, but have seen several new GT's weighing in at considerably more. He states, "we weighed IT in" meaning the car not the car with driver I assume? I assume this because others who have weighed their GT in with driver are weighing in at over 3700lbs. It appears to be a very HEAVY car.

As for the spinning launching thing, I'm not sure either argument has been fully proven or disproven. From my personal experience and that of friends, a spinning launch has resulted in inflated trap speeds. On many websites you visit people will have their "quickest" track time and their "fastest" time listed seperately in their signature. In all instances that I have seen, the "fastest" (highest trap speed) had the slower 60' and thus slower 1/4 mile. Hence, it was not the quickest and the fastest.

A 12.50@108mph is absolutely incredible to me for the little mods done to the car. I am very impressed. It will be interesting to see what this car is capable of in daily driven street setup as this run was all due to the launch as the car was still only making 300 at the wheels and weighing in at 3600lbs.

I dont remember the new GT's tranny gear ratios, does anyone know what RPM it will turn in 5th Gear with 4.30 rear Gears at say 70mph?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I know what the "listed" curb weight is, but have seen several new GT's weighing in at considerably more. He states, "we weighed IT in" meaning the car not the car with driver I assume? I assume this because others who have weighed their GT in with driver are weighing in at over 3700lbs. It appears to be a very HEAVY car.
There you go...assuming again. I would guess that 3600lb. figure is the car plus a ~150lb. driver. You can assume that the '05 GT is almost as heavy as an '03/'04 Cobra...but I seriously doubt it. Just curious...where have you "seen several new GT's" weighing considerably more than their listed curb weight? Or, more specifically, where are the links to said "heavy GT's"? Wasn't it you that was having a hard time differentiating between curb weight and "race weight" in a past thread?
You drive onto the E-town scale on the way down the return road just before turning into the pits. I would doubt (dare I say...assume) that they exited the vehicle for this.
As for the spinning launching thing, I'm not sure either argument has been fully proven or disproven. From my personal experience and that of friends, a spinning launch has resulted in inflated trap speeds. On many websites you visit people will have their "quickest" track time and their "fastest" time listed seperately in their signature. In all instances that I have seen, the "fastest" (highest trap speed) had the slower 60' and thus slower 1/4 mile. Hence, it was not the quickest and the fastest.
Just curious, exactly how much do you think a 3600lb. race weight, 300rwhp vehicle is going to "spin" a 26/11.5-17 DOT? Very little, I would think. And I also think your whole notion of a "tire spinning" launch increasing trap speed is inaccurate because of this.
S.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Hell yeah! Thats how they got her into the mid 12's ! Thats a must with any of the Mod Motored non supercharged cars...gears on these mod motors really wake them up. I hope you didnt think they got mid 12's with stock gears and just a couple of mufflers a good tune and sticky tires? They had stock everything in when they turned 13.40's

Formula51

Established Member
I assumed with a question mark, hoping JDM would fill in the blank. Nothing wrong with that. The way it was written just made it seam like it was weighed without the driver.

We know this car did NOT spin. It launched with a 1.65 60'! The spinning is just a general observation and is why I doubted the initial time and trap speed combo. Essentially, I could see a 108mph trap speed with tire spin, say on street tires, but it did not seam very likely with a sub 1.7 60; launch. This was all put to rest when he stated that the car had 4.30 gears, which was originally not stated.

I figured it was very unlikely for the car to run 12.50@108mph with muffler back exhaust, tunning, pullies and some sticky tires. It was pretty reasonable to doubt this as it did not happen and likely cannot happen. The 4.30 gears made it possible and by accident I'm sure, that information was not listed in the original post.

I believe it is Bryan with the white GT that weighed in over 3700lbs. I read it over on Stangnet. I'll look for it when I get some time. I know the difference between curb weight and race weight very well thank you, but I have never had a post about it, so must have me confused with someone else.

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
I'm trying to be the good sport, but come on.

Here's all the other places you FORGOT to mention that the car had 4.30 gears. I wonder what other mods you FORGOT to mention!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19068

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575131

It's also funny how we can get tons of pictures, dyno graphs, and even video and sound clips, but no timeslip pictures.

Doesnt seam like very good advertising and business ethics if you ask me. You could atleast edit your original threads so the readers see the 4.30 Gears.

Also looks like I wasnt the only one doubting the times when the 4.30 gears were not mentioned. Just makes me wonder what else wasn't mentioned.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I assumed with a question mark, hoping JDM would fill in the blank. Nothing wrong with that. The way it was written just made it seam like it was weighed without the driver.

I figured it was very unlikely for the car to run 12.50@108mph with muffler back exhaust, tunning, pullies and some sticky tires. It was pretty reasonable to doubt this as it did not happen and likely cannot happen. The 4.30 gears made it possible and by accident I'm sure, that information was not listed in the original post.
Maybe I'm missing something, but Anthony@JDM clearly stated the following, even quoting your post.
Anthony@JDM said:
I am sorry you doubt this. We are known in the 03 Cobra & Lightning world for our performance parts and getting great ET's out of them. We have now stepped into the 05 GT, our 05 GT actually had a better ET then a 12.50. You will read about it shortly in one of the more popular mustang magazines.

What is done to the car right now:
* Dyno tuned with SCT software in house.
* JDM Muffler-back system
* Underdrive pulleys
* QA1 Rear Shocks
* 4:30 Gears

* 17" ET Streets
:lol: Doesn't look to me like JDM is hiding anything. Furthermore, considering you post in just about every '05 Mustang thread on this board, I find it hard to believe you didn't read that at some point in the last week. :rolleyes:
Formula51 said:
I believe it is Bryan with the white GT that weighed in over 3700lbs. I read it over on Stangnet. I'll look for it when I get some time. I know the difference between curb weight and race weight very well thank you, but I have never had a post about it, so must have me confused with someone else.
You apparently don't know the difference, or you have a selective memory.
Link.. 3750lb. raceweight with a 240lb. driver. That's 3500lbs. on that scale. Who knows how much gas and miscellaneous junk was in the car. And, his car has "every option". This leads me to believe that they weight the 3450-3500lbs. that Ford is listing.
Formula51 said:
We know this car did NOT spin. It launched with a 1.65 60'! The spinning is just a general observation and is why I doubted the initial time and trap speed combo. Essentially, I could see a 108mph trap speed with tire spin, say on street tires, but it did not seam very likely with a sub 1.7 60; launch. This was all put to rest when he stated that the car had 4.30 gears, which was originally not stated.
Waffling again, huh?
Formula51 said:
To run a 12.50 at 108mph means that you had an INCREDIBLE launch, which kills the mph. That would mean you would be in the 110mph range with say a spinning launch and a high 12.
So first you said it ran the 108 because it had an "INCREDIBLE" launch. Then you said it must have been spinning to run 108mph. Then you went back to stating it hooked to get that mph, and are now saying it's because of the gears (which were stated to be in the car a week ago)?
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
I'm trying to be the good sport, but come on.

Here's all the other places you FORGOT to mention that the car had 4.30 gears. I wonder what other mods you FORGOT to mention!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19068

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=575131

It's also funny how we can get tons of pictures, dyno graphs, and even video and sound clips, but no timeslip pictures.

Doesnt seam like very good advertising and business ethics if you ask me. You could atleast edit your original threads so the readers see the 4.30 Gears.

Also looks like I wasnt the only one doubting the times when the 4.30 gears were not mentioned. Just makes me wonder what else wasn't mentioned.
Tell you what...instead of whining on the internet about a car you've never seen, haven't driven and pass judgement on from a handful of internet posts and a magazine article or two...why don't you just step up and call JDM directly and call them liars.
:lol: :kaboom:
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
And BTW...JDM clearly mentioned 4.30's on The Corral thread.
JimIII@JDM said:
I also forgot to mention it had a gear change I was unaware of to 430's.

...and...

brandon,

The 4.30's aren't so bad around town I cant however say that for the highway yet.

I want to post a timeslip but I already got myself in trouble posting the times. MM&FF is going to do an article so unfortunatly I wont be posting any more "EXACT" times.

JimIII@JDM
This quote also clearly explains why JDM isn't posting timeslips, which I thought was made clear earlier in this thread. :rolleyes:
S.

Formula51

Established Member
Are you back to twisting my words again. I thought you moved on from that.

Initially I thought that 108mph with the very little mods mentioned would only be obtainable with a spinning launch, which from my experience raises trap speed. However, they claimed 108mph with a 12.50 second run, which obviously means they did not spin. This is what lead to me to doubt the run.

Later, which yoiu nicely quoted for all of us, they mentioned the 4.30 gears and things made more sense.

AGAIN, THE 4.30 GEARS HAVE NOT BEEN MENTIONED INITIALLY BY JDM WHEN POSTING THE LIST OF MODS AND THE TRACK TIME ON THREE DIFFERENT WEB FORUMS. It is always mentioned later in the thread when people like myself start doubting the times. Please, spend some time reading the links I posted, or just re-read this one.

If they can blanket the times all over the place with the videos, and dyno charts, then they should be prepared to show a timeslip. Thats my opinion anyways.

Sometimes I feel bad getting angry over your ignorance. At times I truely believe you have mental problems, or the reading comprehension of a 5th grader. Of the several message boards I have seen you on, NO ONE LIKES YOU. You are bad mouthed by nearly everyone on LS1GTO.com, CamaroZ28.com, etc... Perhaps its time for an attitude change?

It's not all your fault though. You are from JERSEY!

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
And yes, I have resorted to childish name calling because you dont seam to listen/understand the adult conversation, so what else is there to do over the internet :shrug:

And JDM, please scan a pic of the timeslip after your article comes out. A video would really be awesome to see as well, and I dont mean that sarcastically. I'm sure you took video as this is by far the fastest bolt on GT to date.

LSs1Power

Established Member
I dont see why its hard to believe a 3400lbs car trapping 108mph with 310rwhp. My LS1 trapped 106-107mph when it was stock making 292rwhp 314rwtq which is low compared to other stock LS1's. After a LID and catback it trapped 109-110mph making 325rwhp 336rwtq. So i believe a 3400lbs mustang with 310rwhp can trap 108mph.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
JDM doesnt have to scan bull dinky...they stated they cant because the car, and an article on the car will be in an up and coming issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

Jim D'Amore and his crew at JDM are not in the game of stretching the truth. They always back up what they say or do.....at the track there is proof with all the Lightnings,Cobra's,Stangs and other Fords they setup for customers.

JDM knows what they are doing and I saw the times and car with my own eyes. So I know what they are saying is true.

Remember...I am the one who called those times way before JDM posted anything....and you called me a BS'r.

What JDM and the crew have done is take what knowledge they have and put it into the new Stang ...so its future customers of 2005 Mustang GT's have something to shoot for and look forward too.

Way to go www.TeamJDM.com !!

So you will see everything in an up and coming issue of MM&FF. So buy that or stop by JDM to see whats up at their shop and crew. Some of the best people over there. And I am sure if you go there..they would show you the time slips/the car and take you for a ride in their new 2005 Stang.

Formula51

Established Member
Harry, I have not doubted the time since the mention of 4.30 gears. I just did not like the fact that the gears were never mentioned in the original post on three different web sites. Just kind of got under my skin, if you will. Perhaps it was just a complete mistake. Afterall, everyone desereves a second chance right?

I didn't say they had to scan bull dinky, I just asked if they would after the article. I even said PLEASE! I have never read MM&FF though, if it shows 60', 330', 1/8 and 1/8mph, etc... I will be plenty happy. This is not from a doubting standpoint, as I no longer doubt the times. This is just from an interested enthusiast who would like to see the break down. I mean, wouldnt a video of a 12.50 GT be sweet? I was merely asking thats all.

Is JDM essentially the Evan Smith of Mustangs?

Formula51

Established Member
It's not even a Tacoma KevinB. Its a 1994 Pickup, they didnt make the Tacoma until 95'. When you are in college and getting ready for grad school payments, you cant exactly afford a performance car. I tried that my first couple years, it didn't work out so good! I still get to drive my buddies cars from time to time and am always recruited with a case of beer when its time to get under the hood. I will be back in the game in a couple years in a big way!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
Sometimes I feel bad getting angry over your ignorance. At times I truely believe you have mental problems, or the reading comprehension of a 5th grader. Of the several message boards I have seen you on, NO ONE LIKES YOU. You are bad mouthed by nearly everyone on LS1GTO.com, CamaroZ28.com, etc... Perhaps its time for an attitude change?

It's not all your fault though. You are from JERSEY!
Who gives a ****? You sound like a little schoolboy..."nobody likes you".
I guess your ass is still hurting from the fact that I exposed you as a liar regarding that Monte Carlo SS you owned. You know...the one that was in your sig with a low-10 second ET and 130mph trap speed. The one that barely touched the 13's when you owned it. The same one that "some guy" bought and built into a 10-second car. :kaboom:
Your personal slams and little diatribe is the result of getting owned, once again. :cryying:
And BTW...I regularly race, hang out and socialize with about 20-30 members from various websites. So get your facts straight, junior. It's shit talking bozos, like you, who get annoyed when confronted by the truth.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Formula51 said:
And yes, I have resorted to childish name calling because you dont seam to listen/understand the adult conversation, so what else is there to do over the internet :shrug:

And JDM, please scan a pic of the timeslip after your article comes out. A video would really be awesome to see as well, and I dont mean that sarcastically. I'm sure you took video as this is by far the fastest bolt on GT to date.
No...you've resorted to childish name calling because you have, as usual, made yourself look like a f*cking moron.
First the trap was high because it was spinning, then is was lower because it hooked and would have ran a "tire spinning" 110-111. Then it was back to the first theory. The fact that JDM posted the gears a few posts down was a good scapegoat for your ignorance.
You were wrong about the weight of the '05.
You were wrong about LS1's needing 335rwhp to run 108mph (as proven by LsS1Power...107mph, 292rwhp).
You claim you didn't see JDM post that the car had gears.

Funny...when confronted with facts, your only response is to act like a little 5-year old b*tch and start name calling.
Take your Toyota truck, and your ex-14-second Monte Car-slow and head over to some GM boards for a circle jerk about how slow the '05 GT is.
:lol:
S.

Users who are viewing this thread