Jesse James vs Sr vs Jr

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
that's the ****in truth! i did some searching to try to find out how much a "tv bike" cost from them, and - grain of salt - what i found was ~$500,000 for the bike and $50,000 each time the episode on your bike was shown. i don't have any idea how accurate that is, but i found it repeated quite a few times(especially the $50k per episode rerun).

here's another one, this is a bike that jesse james built for the airstream corp(you know, the 50's aluminum trailers)...

jesseairstream.jpg

jesseairstream-2.jpg

that's how the hell you build a "theme" bike. a tasteful bike that pays homage to the airstream design.

"How big is that gas tank? Lets see you ride it on the street!"

Personally, I think that looks plain.

I'm not knocking his fabrication skills... Thats just not my style I guess.

I think PJD's Geico bike is pretty damn sick and isnt over the top.

paul-jr-geico-2010.jpg

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor

paul-jr-geico-2010.jpg

If you don't think that's over the top you probably don't think it's green either.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Wow... I totally forgot that everyone here on SVTP is a professional fabricator and bike builder. Now I realize how bad OCC and PJD suck because you cant ride their show bikes on the street.

SOCOMech

Established Member

Actually, the real tank is located in the sidecar, plenty of gas to get you down the road.

if you want to see original and innovative then jesse rooke, roger goldammer, roland sands, and a LOT of other builders just absolutely blow ANYTHING from OCC/PJD away.

Roland Sands and Jesse Rook are my other two favorite's.....their stuff is definitely made to ride, and in alot of cases, race.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
I guarantee any of the three guys in discussion could take a sheet of flat aluminum and using only a nibbler and an English wheel make a baseball bat and split your skull open before you could even figure out how to turn the nibbler on.
Dude, you are incredibly tough!

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Actually, the real tank is located in the sidecar, plenty of gas to get you down the road.

Roland Sands and Jesse Rook are my other two favorite's.....their stuff is definitely made to ride, and in alot of cases, race.

Chica builds some fantastic bikes as well, I love this one.

ChicaCafeRacer_003.gif

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
yea, it's too bad jesse james builds cookie cutter choppers...

jesse-aero-bike.jpg

Radial_Hell.jpg

...he really should try to be INNOVATIVE like OCC and PJD... :bored:

If he built that he woulda won. He might have all the fab skills in the world (which is debatable), but didnt have a brain big enough to realize there's nothing special about the bike he built for the competition. Ohhhh stainless steel... who gives a shit.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Some beautifully designed museum pieces above. Great creativity and execution for a whole lot of impractical. The monster beemer looks like a potent corner-carver though, but she's naked to the point of like seeing tendons and veins and sh--. I absolutely can't dig bikes that look like you are riding "on" them ( at least 3 above) like a log as opposed to "in" them like a cafe, superbike or... IMHO... a well designed chopper. You are supposed to be part of the machine...not just hanging on for dear life. Damn even the current over-stretched look is too much...requiring long handlebars and that hanging on look. JJ went over the top with this look.
i didn't post those because they "look" better or because of their practicality/rideability, i posted them because everyone that's clueless about the custom bike world and watches american chopper always buys into the "our bikes are innovative!!!" shit. what i posted is real originality and real innovation. if you want to compare ridable bikes, OCC/PJD can't hold a candle. if you want to compare unridable show pieces, OCC/PJD can't compete. i like some of their bikes, but there are not in any way anything special or exceptional.

Some of those look like some real "riders" to me. :shrug:
you missed the point. people want to say that it doesn't matter that jrs bike was unridable because it was the best looking show piece, most innovative, whatever. the bikes up above are where the real innovation is.

paul-jr-geico-2010.jpg
take the fenders off the geico bike, and what do you have? nothing original at all.

Home now and found that pic of the airgas bike!

airgas1.jpg
:lol: what in the flying **** is that?! what a joke! i hope they didn't pay more than $40k for that pile - and even then it's a rip off:nonono:

If he built that he woulda won. He might have all the fab skills in the world (which is debatable), but didnt have a brain big enough to realize there's nothing special about the bike he built for the competition. Ohhhh stainless steel... who gives a shit.
that was the point. didn't you notice him talking about how OCC/PJD only build unridable TV show pieces the whole time? he knew they would just build more of the same - and they did - and he's the one left standing with a 'real' bike. he also said that he knew he wasn't gonna win the popularity contest and he went in this to represent the real custom bike world - the guys that actually build bikes that have to be ridable, that are meant to be ridden.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Paul Jr's bike was horrid, I can't believe he won. Paul Sr's bike wasn't even a bike, and looked like it would fall apart at any second. Jesse's bike wasn't super special or original, but the dude knows how to make some crazy shit. He shoulda put a bit more effort in it to overcome the publicity of the Teutels.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
That article was so refreshing to read. I loved these lines because they're so sadly true:
This competition was like pitting Justin Bieber against Led Zeppelin in an American Idol show.
Everyone wants to be an outlaw — on paper. In reality they want to stand next to a fat tire “chopper” sporting a helicopter, fire truck or lightning bolt theme, dressed in a leather vest and pretending they’re a one percenter.
As I said in an earlier post, OCC & PDJ have transformed the chopper, which was once a symbol of personal freedom and the open road, to a corporate marketing icon with their 'theme' bikes. If a bike is being built never be ridden and only placed behind velvet ropes at a corporation headquarters, what is the point? Seriously, what ever happened to building a 'motorcycle theme' bike...:nonono:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Home now and found that pic of the airgas bike!

airgas1.jpg

they paid $300k for that?! :eek::dw::nonono:

they should have just put $300k in cash, in $20 bills in a glass case in their booth with a pair of security guards wielding uzis. that would attract even more attention and they'd still have the cash! lol

Steve@BAS

Established Member
they paid $300k for that?! :eek::dw::nonono:

they should have just put $300k in cash, in $20 bills in a glass case in their booth with a pair of security guards wielding uzis. that would attract even more attention and they'd still have the cash! lol

:lol: Hahahaha, True!!! I would have taken a lot of photos if that was the case!

My booth was directly across from them, and you would be surprised at how much attention it did get them. And a company like airgas that everyone uses anyways doesn't even need that kind of gimick.

Airgas has too much money, lol

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I think a lot of you JJ nutswingers are missing the point. You think JJ builds better bikes because they are "riders"... But you seem to not be considering that PJD/OCC build bikes that are PURPOSELY extreme and gaudy. They are show bikes by design. They're supposed to be eye catching. Rideability is down on the list of priorities. Why is that concept not making sense to you? I'd bet a million bucks that PJD or OCC could build JJ's bike, and vice versa for that matter.

And as far as fabrication skills and such, I recall Jr made an aluminum frame from the ground up on the 9/11 bike. Do you guys really think that the hour/week that you watch on TV encompasses the entire ability that Jr has? He's been building and fabricating motorcycles and parts for years.

I'm only defending Jr because he's overwhelmingly the one being bashed. I think JJ is top notch as well. I think they're both top notch.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
...But you seem to not be considering that PJD/OCC build bikes that are PURPOSELY extreme and gaudy.
umm, DUR! are you thinking that we think that jr "accidentally" builds gaudy bikes??? he builds them like that on purpose? well no shit! it doesn't change the fact that they look absolutely ridiculous and are unridable.

Users who are viewing this thread