JLT Carbon fiber intakes ready and shipping

Tucker

It seems like it took for ever guys, but the kits are shipping daily at this point.
Reaction has been great and abit over whelming at times. We started with about 50 kits and only have a few left, but will have about 10-15 kits ready every week.

A couple of notes I'd like to touch on.
When you see many carbon fiber parts there very dull as far as gloss goes. We agree, so we take these kits one step further and prep them all again and clear them with the same high quality urethane clear as on your car. This really makes them pop!

We went with carbon fiber for it's weight, looks and shape flexability.
The complete JLT intake kit is a full 2 lbs lighter then the stock intake and airbox. We have also seen cooler inlet air temps even over the stock rubber/plastic intake tube.
We spent a lot of time on MAF housing size and shape. The more we tested the more info we found out about the GT500 MAF sensor. As many know in stock form it's at a near pegging 5 volts. We found a sweet spot with this size of meter we have here in the JLT kit.

This kit will net you 75-90 RWHP. Evolution Performance just did yet another JLT install yesterday on a stock GT500 with gains or 88 RWHP and 61 RWTQ over stock with intake and tune. Just awesome!
We will be getting the results of the many other great tuners here as well very soon.
With the JLT intake we have been seeing is about 20-28 RWHP over the tune only.

Anyway, we feel we came up with the best intake for the baddest Mustang Ford ever built.
This kit will work for the GT500 that's only doing the intake and tune or the guy going all out with pulleys, exhaust and so on. You will only need to buy 1 kit and this is it.

As many of you know the guys at Evolution Performance uses the JLT intake kit on there GT500. This car has made history with being the first Shelby in the 11's, 10's and now the 9's.:beer:
Big thanks to Fred, Nelson and Jon for all there hard work and information.

You will see many early GT500 intake kits as just a MAF housing and filter. We think if you paid $50k+ for this car why short change yourself with half a intake kit? We know of a few kits that are out or coming out, so we will be offering a lower half as well here soon just to have a stake in this market, but highly recommend the full replacement kit as it is only a few bucks more. Plus the stock rubber boot is just plain ugly IMO.

Retail is $449.99

We also have SCT tuner packages and JLT/SCT/pulley packages. See the web site for more info.
Diablosport, Super Chip Tuning and Hypertech tuner packages will be coming as well.
Thanks

Jay
32189d1164115777-jlt-carbon-fiber-intakes-ready-and-shipping-tn_pipe-066.jpg

32191d1164115777-jlt-carbon-fiber-intakes-ready-and-shipping-tn_pipe-075.jpg

32192d1164115777-jlt-carbon-fiber-intakes-ready-and-shipping-finalpipecmykjpg.jpg

32193d1164115777-jlt-carbon-fiber-intakes-ready-and-shipping-jltgt500-logojpg.jpg

Evolution

Established Member
Like Jay said, this kit is awesome. We have 6 Shelby GT500's at our shop right now that have the JLT Carbon Fiber Intakes on.

The GT500's we're working on are from all around the United States, plus 4 more customer GT500's are scheduled to Ship in via transport carrier next week.

To all the people that want to cheap out and just get a MAF Housing and Filter instead of the JLT Carbon Fiber Intake with Heat Shield, you will be selling yourself short. The JLT CFI is a piece of artwork; it compliments the car so well.

If you opt to buy a GT500 Intake from Jay and would like to get an SCT XCalibrator 2 from him, they come with the Exclusive Evolution Performance Custom Tunes.

We have Custom Dyno and Track proven tunes for every Supercharger Pulley combination, JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, and Long Tube Headers.

We have them available in both Street and Race Files, so when ordering from Jay, please specify.

These files are based off the ones that put our 2007 Shelby GT500 First in the 11's, 10's, 9's, and soon to be 8's.

Fred
Evolution Performance, Inc.

MD03SVT

Established Member
75 to 90hp that would make my 07 vert the fastest stock pullied non ported Shelby on the planet...just a fast as evolutions coupe without the nitrous.To bad it's winter up here.

drmustang

Banned
That is without any doubt the best looking Air kit that I have ever seen. Execllent job on a great product.

88 HP and 61 TQ for $849 when you are allready way over 400 at the rear wheels is simply amazing.

tammy

Established Member
I had this installed last night and i can tell you this thing looks like a piece of artwork under the hood. Very, Very impressive guys. Not to mention it makes a huge gain for the $$ spent. I posted my dyno numbers in a separate post. Those where on a cai from jlt and a tune by Tony at HP in Jax fl. I'm very happy with the results. I had put another brand of cai on my 03 and it did'nt have near the quality or the results as this one does. If you have a shelby my thoughts are find the best available mods and the best shop out there and you can't go wrong. Highly recommend this CAI. I"ll get some pics of my to post for you tucker.

MD03SVT

Established Member
Question For Jay or Evolution.There seems to be an important varience in gains so far as you guys are claiming 75-90HP from the CAI & Tune and Tammy got 76HP from the above and mufflers (which we all know didn't do much) while dgussin1 added a 2.6 pulley to the mix and only got 83HP. The only thing I can see is that Dave already had a tune before the CAI so maybe that is why the gain is not as substantial.Any explanation in clearing this up would surely be appreciated by me & other Shelby owners.Jay I know your products are top-notch having used them on both my terminators with great results but before I purchase one I want to be sure that it is the best one for my Shelby.

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
The car we based this off of was bone stock with 140 Miles on the odometer.

Stock
413 RWHP
430 RWTQ

Evolution Performance Custom Street Tune
472 RWHP
473 RWTQ

Gained Over Stock
+ 59 RWHP
+ 43 RWTQ

Evolution Performance Custom Street Tune and JLT CFI
500 RWHP
492 RWTQ

Gained Over Stock
+ 87 RWHP
+ 62 RWTQ

Evolution Performance Custom Street Tune, JLT CFI, 2.6" Pulley
548 RWHP
543 RWTQ

Gained Over Stock
+ 135 RWHP
+ 113 RWTQ

Up Next.............. Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers with X-Pipe (No Cats)

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I was under the impression that Jon Lund did all the tuning for Evolution.

IS this not the case?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MD03SVT said:
Question For Jay or Evolution.There seems to be an important varience in gains so far as you guys are claiming 75-90HP from the CAI & Tune and Tammy got 76HP from the above and mufflers (which we all know didn't do much) while dgussin1 added a 2.6 pulley to the mix and only got 83HP. The only thing I can see is that Dave already had a tune before the CAI so maybe that is why the gain is not as substantial.Any explanation in clearing this up would surely be appreciated by me & other Shelby owners.Jay I know your products are top-notch having used them on both my terminators with great results but before I purchase one I want to be sure that it is the best one for my Shelby.

Ted:

The amount of gain that can be had from the tune only is sort of a subjective matter? Because there are SO many variables. The tune involves optimizing fuel and timing. It's up to the tuner's discretion what a "safe" tune is? Some tuners might be a little more aggressive than others regarding what the definition of "safe" is?

On my car we had minimal gains on the Corsa axle-backs (two hp) so I'm not even going to take them into consideration. These figures are SCT tune only. Our baseline was 425 rwhp. Our max was 499. Marv, my tuner decided the timing was too aggressive at the 499 number and we backed it down to 484. So it's possible to get 74 rwhp from a tune only (possibly quite a bit more?) depending on how "safe" you want to be? But we ended up settling for a 59 rwhp gain from tune only.

So once I put the JLT CAI on I should be safely into the 500's because I only have 16 rwhp to go!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Ted:

The amount of gain that can be had from the tune only is sort of a subjective matter? Because there are SO many variables. The tune involves optimizing fuel and timing. It's up to the tuner's discretion what a "safe" tune is? Some tuners might be a little more aggressive than others regarding what the definition of "safe" is?

On my car we had minimal gains on the Corsa axle-backs (two hp) so I'm not even going to take them into consideration. These figures are SCT tune only. Our baseline was 425 rwhp. Our max was 499. Marv, my tuner decided the timing was too aggressive at the 499 number and we backed it down to 484. So it's possible to get 74 rwhp from a tune only (possibly quite a bit more?) depending on how "safe" you want to be? But we ended up settling for a 59 rwhp gain from tune only.

So once I put the JLT CAI on I should be safely into the 500's because I only have 16 rwhp to go!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

A wise decision I think... keep us posted Bruce, I'm waiting for my tune/CAI/pulley sawp to come together soon also!

MD03SVT

Established Member
AC427Cobra, I understand that any tuner can get more power but at what price.I would just like the tuners to give us straight answers so that we Shelby owners can make the right choice & get the results they are claiming.

Evolution thanks for the info it makes more sence now and as I thought the resason that Dave's gains were not as high as Tammy's is due to the fact that he alreay had a tune like I do so we should expect less of an increase.

In this case I should see a 40-45HP gain from the JLT CAI & Tune which would put me in the 10's without a pulley swap which is what I have been hoping for.

Last edited:

Tucker

MD03SVT said:

Dave just posted a gain of 117 RWHP with JLT, axle back, tune and 2.6 in another post.
If you break this down these #'s are right on par. The 2.6 is worth 40-45 RWHP and the Axle back I haven't seen much. So if you back out the 40-45 for the pulley you get a gain of 72-77 RWHP.

Tammy gained 76.4 JLT and tune (HP)

Fred has seen in the 80's a couple times JLT and tune (Evo)

Just got word from Brent @ Brenspeed yesterday and his tune took the car from the 420's (can't remember exact #) to 495 RWHP with the JLT and his tune.

So to date the results are as follows for only the JLT and tune:
Dave 72-77 RWHP
Tammy 76.4 RWHP
Fred 80-87 RWHP
Brenspeed 70+ RWHP

So I feel safe saying most any Shelby should get 70-85 RWHP wit hthe JLT and proper tune.

James and some others should be reporting soon.

It seems from what I have seen the intake is worth about 20-28 over and above a tune.

Thanks all,

Jay

tammy

Established Member
I know some of you had asked about the miles my car was just at 2800 miles on it. Tony had done a tune on sunday he dyno'd it on tuesday after putting the factory setting back in then dyno's for a stock base line. After that he reset it to the tune he gave me which de said was a very safe tune nothing near aggressive did the cai and mufflers and that produced the after dyno numbers. Just wanted to clear that up we did have a tune but it was set back to factory for a baseline dyno and then reflashed and cai then redyno'd.

Tucker

MD03SVT said:

Dave just posted a gain of 117 RWHP with JLT, axle back, tune and 2.6 in another post.
If you break this down these #'s are right on par. The 2.6 is worth 40-45 RWHP and the Axle back I haven't seen much. So if you back out the 40-45 for the pulley you get a gain of 72-77 RWHP.

Tammy gained 76.4 JLT and tune (HP)

Fred has seen in the 80's a couple times JLT and tune (Evo)

Just got word from Brent @ Brenspeed yesterday and his tune took the car from the 423 to 497 RWHP with the JLT and his tune.

So to date the results are as follows for only the JLT and tune:
Dave 72-77 RWHP
Tammy 76.4 RWHP
Fred 80-87 RWHP
Brenspeed 74 RWHP

So I feel safe saying most any Shelby should get 70-85 RWHP wit hthe JLT and proper tune.

James and some others should be reporting soon.

It seems from what I have seen the intake is worth about 20-28 over and above a tune.

Thanks all,

Jay

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well I had a converstaion with Fred from evolution this afternoon & he seems like a nice guy.He was open to discussion on the parts they use & sell and I do understand that they may not want to spill the beans on everything as they are running a business afterall but they do not seem to be trying to take advantage of the customer as ther prices are competitive & there products come from reliable manafacturers.

chuckstang

Established Member
I have an easy question, if one orders a package like evo puts together (JLT, tune, 2.6) Do you still need a tuner to upload or dyno tune your shelby or is it just a plug and play type thing??
This would be beneficial for those not close to a good tuner or maybe just would rather get a tune from someone that has already proven themselves.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread