JMS mass air modifier ??

mhyjek

Established Member
What for stretch? Are you having MAF issues? Just curious and interested.

Can be used if FI to clean up the signal for better tuning, after reading the link I guess can be used to clean up if intake signal is dirty, which I thought most aftermarket ones did... I was thinking of using this as well with my paxton for part throttle and on off throttle signal is very noisy. But my tuner wants to do a maf relocation, time will tell.

Subbed for results!

Shaun@AED

Adam@RevAuto just used one.
Contact him for details on what he thought about it.

stretchb

Established Member
Shaun you know you tuner guys don't just divulge info like that. lol

although I wish some tuners would share secrets with each other or swallow some pride and ask for help.

Shaun@AED

Shaun you know you tuner guys don't just divulge info like that. lol

although I wish some tuners would share secrets with each other or swallow some pride and ask for help.

Details like what?
The JMS smoothing feature does work, but it is limited in how much it smooths out the Maf fluctuations.
I believe dialing in the unit was a little tricky, but I can't remember what Adam told me about that.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have the JMS piece, but if you are really getting to the edge of the maf, the pro m wave works very well and we are a dealer for them as well

CPRsm

Didn't have good luck w pro m units on more than one car. Under hood heat gives them real problems that a stock maf doesn't have. That's why Dasan ran the JMS unit instead of an aftermarket maf. Talking w other tuners they had similar problems w aftermarket mafs. Having better luck avoiding them all together.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Didn't have good luck w pro m units on more than one car. Under hood heat gives them real problems that a stock maf doesn't have. That's why Dasan ran the JMS unit instead of an aftermarket maf. Talking w other tuners they had similar problems w aftermarket mafs. Having better luck avoiding them all together.

The pro m wave is what we run, lund runs, evo runs.

7 and 8 second cars with no issues. we don't run an air filter at the track either, so I know our car runs a little dirtier than the average one.

but it's nice to have options. we have either one.

our engine bay doesn't get much hotter than the average n/a car though, I know turbo's will run a little hotter in the engine bay, the Paxton with the big headers dissipates heat pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread