Just As I Expected: C&D GT350 vs C7Z51

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1LT Z51 starts at $61,395 I think. That's very bit as affordable as the Shelby. I think we need to stop making excuses for the Mustang, especially when it's pricing is knocking on Corvette's, and heavily exceeding it in the real market. Plus, Ford has made all these claims of what it can run with. Ford needs to release a no excuses car as Chevy has done with the new Camaro and Corvette. They improved the weight of the Camaro while Ford simply lied about the weight of the S550 platform. I know this is only one test, and maybe the 350 will have better showings as time goes on, so I'm not gonna pile it on, and it still did respectable.

C7 vettes had all the same mark ups when they were wet behind the ears, don't play coy.

Have you driven a gt350 or gt350r? You rag on it like a teenager with the temperament of a school boy. I'd hope you've actually driven one.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You can't blame ford for dealer mark ups, I would guess when the C7 came out it had them too. The biggest advantage the vet has is that the transmission sits on top of the rear wheels.

20-50k mark ups existed. Some people actually paid it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My wife and I wouldn't have our new house right now. Priorities in life change. Having fun with the 15 GT for now.

Wise choice, I wouldn't regret a move like that. S550's are great. A house and a new gt trumps a trinity.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So a pony car with glazed over brakes that costs $14k less than the car it went up against was one second slower.

Not really sure why anyone is surprised by this. Also not really sure why 1 second is worth $14k. Since 99.9% of you wont be able to wrong that out of the car anyways, what's the argument?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Those people are morons. That wasn't the norm....

For 2 months or so when they launched it was. It died down.

Same story with 350/r's will happen. Dealers take advantage of the eager beavers. Hate the player, game, and sap.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
They claimed the S550 would be lighter, right? Or was that just internet speculation?

I don't think Ford ever claimed that. It was just internet speculation.

For 2 months or so when they launched it was. It died down.

No it wasn't for the C7. There are plenty of people on this forum who paid MSRP or less for their GT350.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The c7 sold so well it overwhelmed the ordering books. Just google search c7 dealer mark ups. Jalaopnik had an article about a c7 listed for $100k... I'm not a fanboy stretching truths.

Google it, it happened.

Dealers have gt350/r's at $5-25k mark ups right now, doesn't mean they are actually selling. Give it 6 months for the pandemonium to die down.

And yes, people have been getting gt350's at msrp and below. Connections or discipline reel rewards.

BlownAway03

Established Member
So a pony car with glazed over brakes that costs $14k less than the car it went up against was one second slower.

Not really sure why anyone is surprised by this. Also not really sure why 1 second is worth $14k. Since 99.9% of you wont be able to wrong that out of the car anyways, what's the argument?

I think the brakes got glazed during the track test. The instrumented tests must have been done the day after. And come on, you seem to be a sensible guy. You know the C7 is very customizable and $70k is not the entry point to get into a Z51. Hell, Z06's can be had from $80k up $120k+. Does that mean they're $120k cars? If you want to look at it like that I can mention the fact that no normal person without connections can even find a track pack 350 for $56k at this point.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They claimed the S550 would be lighter, right? Or was that just internet speculation?

They claimed they'd shed weight in the frame/chassis. This was spun out of proportion into claiming to have shed weight as an entire car.

They didn't lie. The frame/basic floor is about 200lbs lighter, the IRS, interior electronics, front suspension, and rolling stock added up to be 250lbs heavier than the s197's equivalents.

I want to see aluminum introduced to the mustang chassis and body much like the f150. A 3550lbs gt would be great. The m4 is basically 3500 lbs with a decidedly advanced metal makeup. Pricey though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Reading comprehension is not something you should put on a resume

Actually, sarcasm is not your strong suit... You were the genius that was trying to showcase the base gt350 as an actual competitor to the c6z on a roll race...

The nuts on you!

Funny how that works though, but when the 350R won over the z28 by a second, everyone lost their minds in joy...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think the brakes got glazed during the track test. The instrumented tests must have been done the day after. And come on, you seem to be a sensible guy. You know the C7 is very customizable and $70k is not the entry point to get into a Z51. Hell, Z06's can be had from $80k up $120k+. Does that mean they're $120k cars? If you want to look at it like that I can mention the fact that no normal person without connections can even find a track pack 350 for $56k at this point.

True, but a small few dealers have $5k markups.

Patience is a virtue. C7 people paid ridiculous mark ups as well. The c7 isn't a $75k car, but people paid that much.

Discrediting a car because of dealer mark ups is grasping at straws. We all know dealers mark up hot cars. Low volume especially.

$80-120k z06's had markups until they started catching fire and destroying their own value.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Actually, sarcasm is not your strong suit... You were the genius that was trying to showcase the base gt350 as an actual competitor to the c6z on a roll race...

The nuts on you!

Funny how that works though, but when the 350R won over the z28 by a second, everyone lost their minds in joy...

By saying it was 5mph slower to 125, 1-2 cars back, and 1/2 a second back? Or when I said it'd lose that race? You're a smart girl, why don't you try harder. Or lie better.

The nuts on the z28 because ford built a car that out did the z28 for $10k less, and is actually appointed like a $70k car should be. The camaro and mustang are pony cars with $25k base model chassis to build off of. The c7 starts $30k higher, has a chassis built side by side with a racecar. A one second gap to a superior car vs a 1 second gap over its rival. Speaks for itself, and it's not even the R.

The goddamn tech R will cost $3k less than this Z51 and be faster than it.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... There are plenty of people on this forum who paid MSRP or less for their GT350.

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts those people are lying. They're just too embarrassed to admit they paid a markup because that is just plain stupidity. The only person I would believe got away with MSRP is treynor, and that's only because he has bought multiple cars assumingly from the same dealer; Cobra Jet, Boss 302S, GT350, GT350R, and working on picking up a GT350R-C.

Users who are viewing this thread