Just As I Expected: C&D GT350 vs C7Z51

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A 30-160 would definitely go to the z06 by at least 7-10 cars. The gearing on the 350, and its aero don't allow it to accelerate hard much after 4th gear. 5th is a big drop, to 1.0 from like 1.4, and 6th is .63 which is like going from 4th to 6th in an 03 cobra. Big drop.

Watch hennesseys 175 run. It's literally crawling after about 150. An m4 would be accelerating harder.

The top speed for a gt350 is 175. A 2000 cobra r was doing 175 with 385hp 15 years ago. Z06's hit 202 in private hands according to YouTube. It's not a stretch to see that a z06 will pull away up top. A 40-120 roll isn't where a c6z will rampage a gt350. A dig to 130, or a 60-160 will be the z's race all day by many car lengths. This is why the ~40-130 race of that video was so good for the gt350. It's gearing and aero aren't hindering it at those speeds too badly

The gt350 has good acceleration from about 40-130. Ironically, those are speeds seen about 99% of the time on a hot lap. Go figure that a track car is setup to do well on a track.

Ok ok... Can we be friends now tt?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts those people are lying. They're just too embarrassed to admit they paid a markup because that is just plain stupidity. The only person I would believe got away with MSRP is treynor, and that's only because he has bought multiple cars assumingly from the same dealer; Cobra Jet, Boss 302S, GT350, GT350R, and working on picking up a GT350R-C.

Well, I am working on a deal for a GT350. Black with tech package and the dealer is selling it at MSRP. I know I can get it for less because they discounted the 2013 GT500s when they came out. My only hang up is I am not sure if I want yet another black car. At the same time, I don't want to order a GT350. I have no previous relation with the dealer and that doesn't matter. All the dealer cares if you a) have the money b) can purchase it NOW

I understand you had difficulties finding a GT350 at MSRP. I think you started looking for one a bit too late and all the dealers who sold their allocations for MSRP already did. The good news is when these cars are sitting on their floorplan long enough, they will want to get rid of them and you will finally get your deal.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

We should just take your word for it when there mountains of evidence (e.g. pictures of ADMs on the windows, ebay auctions, web listings, etc.) stating otherwise? :shrug: Please let us know where these unicorn dealerships are so we can all get MSRP or better deals. And I'm being sincere with that statement.

My reputation here speaks for itself, so yes you should take my word for it. If you don't want to believe me. That's fine. You'll be in the minority.

13Cobra here as sold 4, yes 4 of them at MSRP.

So between my 6 deals and his 4, that's 10 in a very small microcosm of the market.

If you can't find one at MSRP, then that's your problem. There are plenty to be had

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My reputation here speaks for itself, so yes you should take my word for it. If you don't want to believe me. That's fine. You'll be in the minority.

13Cobra here as sold 4, yes 4 of them at MSRP.

So between my 6 deals and his 4, that's 10 in a very small microcosm of the market.

If you can't find one at MSRP, then that's your problem. There are plenty to be had

I don't believe you or nick, chris. You are in the industry and just want to look good for your own profit greedy business people!!!:beer: HNY

smkn350

Established Member
I know there is 30 people that got the 350 BELOW msrp, I'm one of them. This makes 40 people that received or receiving a the car at msrp or below. I also saw a z28 sell for 55k at Preston Hood in FWB, FL.

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
If anyone hears of an allocation for msrp, could you pass the word?! I've contacted several dealers but they all want over and I'm not gonna do that. Money just thrown out IMO. Would like to order so it's here by spring or summer. I'd like an R, but don't think that will happen for msrp.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Based simply on as tested price, I think the 350R would be a better comparison. And likely a more equal playing field.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I think the Mustang has (and will likely always) been burdened by the fact its backbone or platform is one for a vehicle that has a starting price of $20K. In order to keep the car affordable, more fancy materials and technologies are omitted, in particular stuff that would help lower the weight of the car. IMO, the 'Vette has usually been more "optimized" as a platform for performance than the Mustang has ever been.

This is probably why we will never see a vette killer from Ford with the Mustang badge. Ford could make a badass 2-door sports car with all the fancy materials and tech that could go toe-to-toe with the best, but you already have the peanut gallery complaining of a 30k+ optioned-out GT, can you imagine how they would react to a base vette-like base price? They would shit a golden egg!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
This is probably why we will never see a vette killer from Ford with the Mustang badge. Ford could make a badass 2-door sports car with all the fancy materials and tech that could go toe-to-toe with the best, but you already have the peanut gallery complaining of a 30k+ optioned-out GT, can you imagine how they would react to a base vette-like base price? They would shit a golden egg!

Gt350r vs this $70k z51 would be the gt350r's win. The egg would be so golden and so large, people would literally become billionaires and be able to buy a ton of $50k mustang gt's haha.

Ford needs to do this! I'll steal half the eggs and buy Mark Z's website.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member

An all aluminum bodied Mustang probably isn't in the cards for a good while. Ford would have to accomplish one of two things to make it possible.

1. Develop it cheaply enough that they could still build entry level cars without pricing themselves out of the segment. This is the most likely of the two that we're going to have to wait for.

2. Design two separate bodies. One of steel and aluminum for the cheaper cars, and one of all aluminum for the higher end cars. This would be even more cost prohibitive I think.

They need to invest in lighter chassis design and stop borrowing IRS subframes from Fusions. The subframes are steel and bulky compared to "that other pony car", which has slimmer, aluminum subframes. There's still a lot that they can lose without the expense of going all aluminum bodied. I'm sure that the price will drop enough for it to happen eventually though.

I've just typed all this out, and I'm thinking I may have put it in the wrong thread. Oh well, taking a shot in the dark and hoping it's relevant.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
maybe I'm getting older and more cynical but i just dont get why anyone really cares. its not like we are all ford or GM executives and these cars effected the 1st and 15th for us.

I'm fairly certain that someone interested in a GT350 could care less about corvettes and vice versa. or maybe they are like men and find the C7 to be a Michael Bay design disaster or you find the S550 be be a fusion(which still looks good).

i don't get the need to inadvertently justify your purchase by posting on forum and down playing a fast car. not saying thats what OP is doing, but at its root thats what all of these threads are at their core.

i track my pos 13 mustang with Chinese BC coil overs and worn out pirelli tires and a few other goodies, and love every turn of it. with my basic setup my car does things no SRA car has business doing. i can't image what a C7 or GT350 is like on a track.

buy what you want, take it on a track and use it for what it was designed for. not roll racing or hard parking.

az20115.0

Established Member
C7 z51 is faster the the 350, 350r is faster than the C7 Z51, c6z06 is faster than all of them.. z28 is old news and no one wants them, c7 z06 sucks balls because gm pussied out and just slapped a supercharger on it rather then developing a proper engine for it.. I'll take a c7z06 body with the 5.2l vodoo engine and some wight saving features! or a 350r on a 300lbs diet.. until then, or until this psychotic frenzy to see who can pay the most over msrp is over (for an R), I'l settle for my cammed c6z06..... 3200lbs, 550whp, room for massive tires, absolute monster! only thing, every once in a while my Z remembers that is in a fact a Chevy and throws a light on the dash, or starts making a weird noise, or breaks something.. still, what an f-ing awesome car! weight is the enemy of all sports cars.. the 350r gets around that with a set of $20,000 wheels and 305/315 cup tires.. the only reason why a stock c7z51 would loose is because of the tires.. match the tires, and the story will change quickly.. that being said, there is no doubt that 350r just more special than all of them, since how everyone who drives one gets a massive erection, even though it does rely heavily on its super fancy wheels.. but 20+k over sticker? I dont know about all that. .............................................................
if only the 350s weighed 200 - 300 lbs less! if I was a gazzillioner, I would immediately put an engineering team together and figure out a way to do just that in a tasteful way.. then the 350s would be a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:

DukeNukem1

Established Member
I don't believe you or nick, chris. You are in the industry and just want to look good for your own profit greedy business people!!!:beer: HNY
I am with D bit on this I dont buy what you are selling either. bs to make it seem like you are some kind of fair person.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
C7 z51 is faster the the 350, 350r is faster than the C7 Z51, c6z06 is faster than all of them.. z28 is old news and no one wants them, c7 z06 sucks balls because gm pussied out and just slapped a supercharger on it rather then developing a proper engine for it.. I'll take a c7z06 body with the 5.2l vodoo engine and some wight saving features! or a 350r with on a 300lbs diet.. until then, or until this psychotic frenzy to see who can pay the most over msrp is over (for an R), I'l settle for my cammed c6z06..... 3200lbs, 550whp, room for massive tires, absolute monster! only thing, every once in a while my Z remembers that is in a fact a Chevy and throws a light on the dash, or starts making a weird noise, or breaks something.. still, what an f-ing awesome car! weight is the enemy of all sports cars.. the 350r gets around that with a set of $20,000 wheels and 305/315 cup tires.. the only reason why a stock c7z51 would loose is because of the tires.. match the tires, and the story will change quickly.. that being said, there is no doubt that 350r just more special than all of them, since how everyone who drives one gets a massive erection, even though it does rely heavily on its super fancy wheels.. but 20+k over sticker? I dont know about all that. .............................................................
if only the 350s weighed 200 - 300 lbs less! if I was a gazzillioner, I would immediately put an engineering team together and figure out a way to do just that in a tasteful way.. then the 350s would be a force to be reckoned with!

C7Z will shit all over a C6Z...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The brand loyalists I will never understand.

The new vette is a real monster. Very much an over achiever for what you pay. Its an amazing, amazing machine. The LT1 is such a beast its not even funny. Power is EVERYWHERE, any gear, any rpm. ..... ridiculous.

The inside of the car is gorgeous.. stitched leather dash and random bits, seats are outstanding and much improved (C6 seats SUCKED BALLS). Touchscreen entertainment is now standard.

Amazing car period and the haters are just foolish.

Mother just picked up this beauty about a month ago. Its actually a base model... picked it up for right at $50k before tax and tags.

The power is brutal all over. Sick car!

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread