Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

BladeX10

Established Member
Well she's back on the road. I think I'm honestly getting burned out.

There is a small paint spilt on the roof I just noticed.

View attachment 1437616

View attachment 1437617

Oh and really reverse lockout is frozen! Joy!!

I'm not going to start another thread.... But I was looking at 13-16 used cars. You can even get a premium V6 for under 15k. Hmm turbo kit...

Does the V6 use the MT86 and 8.8 rear?

I just keep thinking I'm not getting that Cobra bang for buck. I'd have been better off with a $3k NE GT and a turbo kit and would have had 90% of the joy, 10% the hassle and 1/3 the cost.

I wouldve sold that car months ago. Props for sticking it out as long as you have.

Forget the V6, You can find 11-14 GT's in the teens now. I'd honestly dump the Cobra and go that route so you can actually drive and enjoy the car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well she's back on the road. I think I'm honestly getting burned out.

There is a small paint spilt on the roof I just noticed.

....I just keep thinking I'm not getting that Cobra bang for buck. I'd have been better off with a $3k NE GT and a turbo kit and would have had 90% of the joy, 10% the hassle and 1/3 the cost.
Well, at this point you're WAY not getting bang for the buck. You'll probably never remover the money you've already thrown into your Cobra. Especially if a potential buyer runs across this thread. :eek: Maybe HiEnd will buy it back (again).

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldve sold that car months ago. Props for sticking it out as long as you have.

Forget the V6, You can find 11-14 GT's in the teens now. I'd honestly dump the Cobra and go that route so you can actually drive and enjoy the car.

Can’t do 11-12.

Also, just looked.

V6 is a MT86 and an 8.8... so it’s only the engine that is different?

3.7 has VVTI and a forged crank.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Forged crank means nothing if the rods and pistons are garbage.

Why can't you do 11-12? Just curious...

They look awful. Headlights, taillights and bumpers.

I believe the 3.7 uses the same rods as the 3.5, but the pistons are cast. So Rods and Pistons would be needed for over 450-500whp. Having a forged crank is just nice considering domestic manufacturers have always cheaped out on that.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I just read all 19 pages. Start to finish. Holy crap. Tom Clancy can't write novels like this.

Corbic, first off I must say you must be a man of extremely high caliber. I would have used a high caliber on myself had this been my car.

I drove to Appomattox and shopped Cobras at High-End a couple of years ago when I started my somewhat erratic quest. Interestingly, they related a story of one car they forced someone to buy back from them due to misrepresentation, as I recall.

BTW, I bought a set of those BFG G-Force Comp 2's myself. Not quiet, but they seem to get the job done on the street.

This has been a heck of an education for a Cobra noob like myself. Thanks for posting this for us.

Last edited:

Four Door SVT

Established Member
She’s back on the road? I seen a black coupe on Douglas rd turning north chrome inserts on bumper. That you?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Chrome insert...

dildo9.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
BTW, I bought a set of those BFG G-Force Comp 2's myself. Not quiet, but they seem to get the job done on the street.

Thanks man. They are a good value and get the job done. I needed something that has some highway legs on it and can take the ran.

M/Ts are not exactly log wearing. There is a huge difference between the too. The Street ETs just grip and go. I can spin the 275 BFGs for days.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Always saw this thread pop up and wondering what happened but never had the time to read it all. Been slow at work and over the last few days I read it all. My thoughts and opinion. First of all I'm sorry you've had so many troubles and I commend you for sticking it out. Now here comes the hammer. What did you think it would be like if it's running 20lbs on gas with a solid rear axle swap? That is a sure sign it's been beat as hard as possible w little regard to wear and tear. Also, it seems like you liked the boo hoo and ra ra of the reporting back of more issues so you could blame hi end. While I don't think they purposefully screwed you, I'd agree things could have been better on their end but it's not their responsibility to verify every single detail of the car because you likely bought it "as is". I'd ask them if they ever performed a compression test on the car now even after the fact. All the other stuff that's messed up is not because of hi end, it's because the car has been ragged out. Looks like you've done a great job of getting it right and again I'm not saying you caused this yourself but sounds like you let your emotions blind you to the fact this car had major issues when you bought it and you just didn't realize it when you test drove it and looked it over. Probably why the previous owner walked is red flags everywhere. Good luck man. What's the latest on it? Please don't report a piston is frozen lol. Btw run a can of sea foam through it. That cleared up a low compression on mine due to a valve not seating done at the tuner shop

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Always saw this thread pop up and wondering what happened but never had the time to read it all. Been slow at work and over the last few days I read it all. My thoughts and opinion. First of all I'm sorry you've had so many troubles and I commend you for sticking it out.

Thanks for the read. Hopefully it will end up soon either a good resource for others or at least my own reality TV series...

Now here comes the hammer. What did you think it would be like if it's running 20lbs on gas with a solid rear axle swap? That is a sure sign it's been beat as hard as possible w little regard to wear and tear.

A few notes on this:

My initial research lead me to believe 20psi was no biggie on a twin-screw. It was the "Heaton" that was worrisome as over 15/17psi it would just generate massive amounts of heat.

The low mileage and mods lead me to believe the car was owned by someone similar to me. Yes the car would get beat on (as all Cobras) but things would be fixed and maintained.

The car was also just turned by Fastlane Motorsports whom research indicated was a reputable company. I spoke with them and they had no issue with the car. Hindsight the recent tune is a red flag.

Also, it seems like you liked the boo hoo and ra ra of the reporting back of more issues

At this point the issues have been so numerous that it's more with nihilistic joke at this point. The whole point of this car was I sold my other two perpetual projects so I could finally have a "finished" car I can race and enjoy.

If you look back at no point did I blame anyone originally. I don't blame Hi-End for the expansion tank, how could they know a rewelded tank would fail? Installed you can't even see the weld.

so you could blame hi end. While I don't think they purposefully screwed you, I'd agree things could have been better on their end but it's not their responsibility to verify every single detail of the car because you likely bought it "as is". I'd ask them if they ever performed a compression test on the car now even after the fact. All the other stuff that's messed up is not because of hi end, it's because the car has been ragged out.

This was covered. I'm not blaming Hi-End for the potential low compression or even suggesting they knew about it. But they did admit to changing out my Metco rear control arms for some bullshit American Muscle ones. Furthermore the arms were installed with out lubricant and disintegrated in just a few hundred miles. The wheels were also not torqued properly which caused both to fail.

They also admitted using old photos of the car in the listing. Photos that showed MM camber plates. Instead I got blown Raceland coils that looked like they had 100k miles on them.

Raceland only sells in a package of 4 for the GT. So if the previous owner bought these.... Why did he not install the rears since the car is SRA?

The changing of the arms and usage of old photos to me destroys all credibility. The are supposedly an expert boutique dealer of SVT cars. That means you can't then hide behind ignorance.

Looks like you've done a great job of getting it right and again I'm not saying you caused this yourself but sounds like you let your emotions blind you to the fact this car had major issues when you bought it and you just didn't realize it when you test drove it and looked it over. Probably why the previous owner walked is red flags everywhere. Good luck man. What's the latest on it? Please don't report a piston is frozen lol. Btw run a can of sea foam through it. That cleared up a low compression on mine due to a valve not seating done at the tuner shop

I agree on the emotions. The car on paper is exactly what I wanted. I over looked the missing camber plates, the AM Arms and stupid the Racelands because I Assumed Hi-End was on the up and up and wouldn't be stealing my parts or lying about them. Car ran fine, initially. Also who checks the lug nut torque when buying a car?

As for update. Being raining all week. I'm going out of town for a few weeks soon. So I'm going to get the bore scope in it and see what's up.

I'm wavering on my dedication, but there really is no other cost effective solution at this point other than hanging on.

I have a MS3 that I need to put to use. I have my buddy in Texas tune it remotely at that point.

Last edited:

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Op has a few valid points. They used old photos? Why not use Factory brochure. That alone is misrepresentation.

Users who are viewing this thread