Just picked up my first Mustang!

Fernando@

Established Member
After years of racing and messing around with countless cars I have finally bought myself a mustang. For the money it was simply the best choice in my opinion. I picked up a 2014 Mustang GT Premium with track package and recaros. I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the car and how much fun it is. With the mustang having such a broad aftermarket support I am excited to choose what route to take with this project. The MSRP was 40k and they ended up going down to 35k so I'm very pleased with the overall cost of the car. After 2 days I put it on the dyno to get some base line numbers and this is what she put down.

photo3_zps6d2b0460.jpg

photo2_zps77f27c5b.jpg

photo12_zpsa9474e34.jpg

photo14_zpsadeb6b61.jpg

Here's an iphone vid I took:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151752817629687&set=vb.591464686&type=2&theater

-----Latest update

I took the car to the track to see what it would run completely stock.

DA was 2043 feet and 70% humidity. But overall I'm content with the results. Time to do some mods!

543788_10151763243989687_992600146_n.jpg

Last edited:

Fernando@

Established Member
Thanks! So far I am on the fence about doing a 76mm turbo kit on it but since I'm still new to this platform I will be doing some research for a little bit.

kingcobra323

Established Member
Great car and color SGM ftw... With bolt ons these coyotes wake up but add a lil boost and they are on permanent caffeine rush. .. lol. Most of my buddies running roush blower. .. but turbo, vortech/Paxton are all great options. Good luck

Fernando@

Established Member
Beautiful car man, enjoy it! It's going to be growing on you the more you drive it!

This is true! The engine seems to want to rev higher and higher. It looks like it will be tough to choose between the many options available to make it fast.

5lho

Established Member
Nice! I'd address the known suspension issues in the rear with an upper control arm at least, lowers if you like and a shifter base bushing like Steeda's or similar. Those things are relatively cheap, will transform your enjoyment of the car even more and will let you plant the power the car has a lot better.

That's what I did, anyway.

D.T.R

Established Member
wow, i searched for a premium, auto, with recaros around me... matter of fact up to 1000 miles away from me and didn't find a single one. I think you are lucky to have found that car lol

Nice purchase man, enjoy. Don't rush to mod it, read, research and evaluate your options first.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
There is a premium GT, auto, Deep Impact Blue, Recaro seats, Glass Roof, back up cam with reverse sensors at World Ford in Pensacola. They are asking 39,xxx for it. MSRP is 43,600.00

This car does not have Brembo Brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread