K&N intake and air/fuel reading on 2013 Shelby

moD

Established Member
After installing my K&N intake with no tune I started to take notice of my air/fuel reading at idle my reading is mostly at 14.1 but fluctuates down to around 13.1 and back up. At WOT it goes down to 11z and then shoots up all the way to 20 and back down to steady 14z as I let go of the gas. Is this normal or ok ? Just curious because I like to really understand the details of how my car is running and I'm trying to avoid the stock intake back on just to compare.

Also I just started to realize when pulling up and stop at a traffic light my rpm goes down to 1000 and stays there for a sec before going lower to idle did not notice this before

Third for some reason all of the sudden on normal acceleration from 0 on first gear it feels like my rpm climbs slower up to 2500 and then picks up where is before it would shoot up from start, there for I would get that power launch feeling with out having to rev it before launching

Could it be I have an air leak somewhere ?

Any clarification on these concerns Would be greatly appreciated

I'm sure it could be nothing and maybe I'm just exaggerating but its still good to know

Ow and check out my video after the modifications :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjpv6bfjzU&sns=em

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If the intake changes the maf size or location it would likely need a tune for the car to run proper

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It sounds like the intake is affecting the air flow/ fuel ratio....might want to have it checked. I bet a good tune would take care of that and yield some more power anyway

king Abdull

Established Member
Sir. Is your filter got screen in it to smooth the air for the mass air .. ?
if it doesn't got screen.. ! That might be your trouble..

moD

Established Member
It turns out my air filter came loose and was kind of off. I believe this was causing an issue with the air flow sensor and maybe that why something felt weird. Any ways tighten it back up and every thing seems fine now back to normal. :)

but I am still queries about the air/fuel ration reading. if it is the same with a stock intake system as the readings I explained above

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
An A/F ratio reading of "20" is NOT a good thing! At least not in any car I've ever owned. If it's still reading that after you fixed your leak I would stay out of boost until you get that thing tuned or you'll be expensively sorry.

moD

Established Member
An A/F ratio reading of "20" is NOT a good thing! At least not in any car I've ever owned. If it's still reading that after you fixed your leak I would stay out of boost until you get that thing tuned or you'll be expensively sorry.

thanks for your input :)

it only goes up to 20 after i let go of the pedal from WOT and then it comes back down. I thought i saw this happen another stock Shelby

anyways if you got a stock 2013 shelby i would really appreciate if you would confirm

Colleton

Established Member
IIRC, people have had issues with the K&N filters on these cars going all the way back to the '07-'09 MY?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Your A/F sounds normal to me. Idle should be in the 14's and WOT should be in the 11's. Let off the throttle it will go to 20.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
thanks for your input :)

it only goes up to 20 after i let go of the pedal from WOT and then it comes back down. I thought i saw this happen another stock Shelby

anyways if you got a stock 2013 shelby i would really appreciate if you would confirm

Your A/F sounds normal to me. Idle should be in the 14's and WOT should be in the 11's. Let off the throttle it will go to 20.

Yeah, I must have misread it. I thought you were hitting 20 while WOT. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread