K20 Civic holds its own against a Z06

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
idk my cousin and I ran into a k20 civic on the highway (we were in a 03 cobra exahust/intake) and he held right with us! His turbo sounded sick

pack018

Established Member
a guy 3 blocks down from me has a 450whp is. i think it's 97 or 99 very nice car not riced out at all....

pack018

Established Member
s_x_i said:
Quick little F"Kers! Good job I have a Kenne Bell to set them straight.

Got to give a little respect to anyone who can make a civic that quick :)
there are a few that make very good whp... it's just a shame that so many people rice those civics out... I remember last summer I was talking to a guy who had a riced out civic and he was telling me that he was pushing 300whp with a CAI and a exhaust ( translates into just a muffler)...lol

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
Wow, that's a pretty fast little car. I don't know much about Honda motors, so please explain what's so special about a K20 swap. I presume it involves changing out the stock 1.6L (?) for a 2.0L and some other mods?

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yep K20's in a hatch make it a fast little car. Some guys are now going with the K24 as well for more displacement.

TechNine

Muscle Mafia
Established Member
A k20 is the RSX motor and probably one of fastest swaps i've seen in a honda around here..

2 cam sam

Established Member
guy 3 blocks down from me has a 450whp is. i think it's 97 or 99 very nice car not riced out at all....

I don't know how a Civic can be a nice car. They are throw away cars. I remeber back in the early 80's my bud built a gremlin with a big block and beat a lot of fast cars, but guess what? He was still driving a gremlin (gay) . How many Gremlins are selling for dollars now?

HHSSSSS

Established Member
there's a lot of them fast little ****rs around here. i give them a lot of respect, but they still sound like shi+.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
thats what happens when people with the know-how mod imports. its just the 95% of the others with those cars that give them a bad name.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
03chromecobra said:
I had to stop watching after awhile...The sound is just annoying as hell :bash:

I dont understand some of the posts in this thread. Did you guys watch the same video as me? Looks like the Z clearly whooped on the K20 civic on like 4 or 5 different runs? When a car pulls on another car like that at speed, that means there is a clear power to weight advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread