K20 Civic holds its own against a Z06

saleen302

Established Member
Did anyone notice, that was a C5 ZO6 and not a C6 Zo6. Look at the interior, a C5 interior and the popup head lamps on the front are a dead give away. Civic got killed by a C5 Z, the C6 Z will mop the floor with the civic...

todd abbott

Established Member
I like it, nice little sleeper as for what else you could get, who cares, if you like Honda's it a fun package, it handed that EVO it's a**, run's 11's, not really my thing but that why they make more than one car.

Last edited:

ChrisUlrich

Metallica
Established Member
Wow... nice little car. Fast too man... but in no way was that thing almost as fast as the Vette. The only time it held it's own was when he got the jump but the Vette pulled hard as hell up top.

I can't believe no one mentioned the Civics shifting... damn that dude can slam gears. :burnout:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
ChrisUlrich said:
Wow... nice little car. Fast too man... but in no way was that thing almost as fast as the Vette. The only time it held it's own was when he got the jump but the Vette pulled hard as hell up top.

I can't believe no one mentioned the Civics shifting... damn that dude can slam gears. :burnout:

so basically saying that a powershifted civic with the jump can get walked by a exhaust/bolt on c5z that traps 115-118mph. So it would take a seriously stout drivetrain to put a 110-113mph FWD car into the 11's even on a full slick.. safe to say any stoplight in america a stock c5 a4 would probably hand the hatch its ass in a handbasket. 11's on a slick and high 12's/low 13's on a street tire are 2 completely different cars.

Oh and I officially call bs on a bolt on 11 second K20 N/A full interior hatch on anything other than a full slick.

Last edited:

smokey

Established Member
wals9331 said:
After you buy the civic and extra motor for the civic....wouldn't you have enough money to just buy something nice to begin with?!?! I guess I don't quite understand...

You could apply that comment to any heavily modified car. Everyone has different tastes. Personally, I agree with you - for the money spent, he probably could have gotten a used Cobra or something. But to each his/her own. I'm sure heavily modded Cobra's around here get the same treatment from "higher end" car owners.

CobraRyan

Banned
one of my buddys has a 89 crx thats stripped and weighs like 1100 lbs and is pushin 450 whp....doesnt get traction till about 3rd with slicks lowerd to 10 psi...im sure it will hang with a c6 zo6 on the highway

crj814x4

Driving GOD
Established Member
A friend who lives in south orange county a couple of years ago was I think one of the first to put a k24 in his 01 4 door civic. He had cams and what not on there and we went for a run a year ago before he sold it. HIs dyno sheet was at 296whp with no sc or turbo and that thing was retarded. We went for it 3 times against my cobra and he stayed on my rear tire and would not budge and I was like :eek::uh oh:. Once that thing hit third gear that thing was awesome. That car was tweeked all around even the trans had different gearing form different si civics. Some of those guys you have to give them respect.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
After you buy the civic and extra motor for the civic....wouldn't you have enough money to just buy something nice to begin with?!?! I guess I don't quite understand...

I am guessing that most of these people(Ricers) did not buy their civics or Hondas to begin with... probably a hand me down car from the parents.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
I just can't get over fwd cars no matter how quick they are. :nonono:

Real cars are rear wheel or 4 wheel drive, period.

rubber duck

Established Member
You guys do realize that was a C5 Z06 right? Also the civic actually got pulled pretty good for a high speed roll. That civic would probably run high 12's in the quarter. Yawn.

rubber duck

Established Member
...also to the guy who said that K20 swapped hatches go 11's n/a....:dw: don't make it sound like that's the norm because that's not even close. Maybe if the hatch is literally a tin can, perfect track conditions with a 50 mph tail wind and the moons of Saturn are aligned, then maybe.

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
I just can't get over fwd cars no matter how quick they are. :nonono:

Real cars are rear wheel or 4 wheel drive, period.

wow, you are so right, damn, I have finally seen the light.

reality must confuse you, huh?
it's okay.;-)

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
I drive a civic and i know they arent fast.

They can be QUICK but not FAST.

The most you'll ever see out of a K20 or K24 is maybe 400 or 500 whp. The competition car (like performance shop owned cars... think AMS Evo) would be maybe 600-700 whp.

The problem is that these idiots don't understand that for half of their power band the car is under 200 whp, while a cobra or vette can easily be making over 300whp for much of the curve.

Btw.... little tid bit of info... The 2006-2008 Civic SI make about 170 whp on average... but they dont even hit 100 whp till almost 4500-5500 rpms. These cars were born to rev, and that they do well, but it's like a bike... you can only add so much more power.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Eveyone has to start somewhere. Back in 97 I bought a Civic. I started with a nitrous kit, then Turbo kit, then LSR and a lot more. It was a fun 11 sec car. Then I bought a 02 GT, then 03 GT, then 03 Cobra, then a Jeep Rubicon and now a C6. I dont care what kind of car someone has. If it is fast it doesnt matter. Just like when I would go riding on my R1 and I would run into HD riders and we would check out each others rides. You have to keep an open mind. Everyone likes different things.

Common

Established Member
...also to the guy who said that K20 swapped hatches go 11's n/a....:dw: don't make it sound like that's the norm because that's not even close. Maybe if the hatch is literally a tin can, perfect track conditions with a 50 mph tail wind and the moons of Saturn are aligned, then maybe.

Easy there guy!!!

You are making some broad dumb generalizations.

EG Civic with a K20 and few bolt on is verry easily an 11 sec.
EK's little heavier but they're right there.

I have a good friend of mine that has an 98 EK9 with a K24 runs 12.0-12.2 consistently. FULL INTERIOR. No ac though:rolling:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Can someone please translate what a EK9, K20, K24 etc etc actually is?

I don't read Sport Compact Car and those other crap tuner mags - the claims, prose, grammar and language causes brain tumors.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Member of our motorsports group has a CRX with a b20 swap that runs 12.6 all motor. Full interior....even has navigation =p

Honda's can be pretty fast all motor as well with the right motor.

Users who are viewing this thread