K20 Civic holds its own against a Z06

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Can someone please translate what a EK9, K20, K24 etc etc actually is?

I don't read Sport Compact Car and those other crap tuner mags - the claims, prose, grammar and language causes brain tumors.

Its a motor swap. Long story short.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
The letter is the model year made,

kinda like

Fox
SN95
New Edge
S197

Hondas go by letters

A lot of people hear of the B16 swap

its a B Generation 1.6L motor swapped into a something or another year civic, integra, accord, who knows.

The K20 is what is in the newer model civics, and S2000.

K Generation motor, 2.0L displacement.

The K24 is like a big block I guess.

Common

Established Member
Can someone please translate what a EK9, K20, K24 etc etc actually is?

I don't read Sport Compact Car and those other crap tuner mags - the claims, prose, grammar and language causes brain tumors.

EK9 Body
civic-typer_----.jpg

EG Body (Lighter of the 2)
image01.jpg

K20, 2.0 motor found in acura RSX type S.

K24 2.4 found acura TSX

There are different types of K-series but these are ones used for swaps 90% of the time.

Last edited:

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
wow, you are so right, damn, I have finally seen the light.

reality must confuse you, huh?
it's okay.;-)

Not at all. You wanna talk reality? There's a damn good reason why sports cars and exotics are *never* (read again NEVER) front wheel drive. It's never even a consideration!

Seeing a fwd car a the track, stuffing in huge front DRs or slicks with skinnies on the back makes me laugh every time. It's just ridiculous. :smmon: They don't even do as well as rwd cars on an open track! WTF is the point?

The saddest part is, those cars often have plenty of power to post much better times if it weren't for their ass-backwards configuration.

Again, rwd, awd, period. Leave the fwd cars for the grocery getting.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder at the logic of going that fast in a roller skate?

The Z maybe, it has some stability to it, the roller skate.... one bad move and they are washing you and the car off of the road with a fire hose :eek:

Bet those 12 inch tires are really spinning at over a hundred miles an hour :lol1:

-Brian

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder at the logic of going that fast in a roller skate?

The Z maybe, it has some stability to it, the roller skate.... one bad move and they are washing you and the car off of the road with a fire hose :eek:

Bet those 12 inch tires are really spinning at over a hundred miles an hour :lol1:

-Brian

I question the logic of having a convertible sports car....handling sucks, it's heavy as hell....and it looks like a girls car. So for you to bust someone's balls for wanting to go fast in a "roller skate" to me, is pretty laughable.

flip888

Established Member
I question the logic of having a convertible sports car....handling sucks, it's heavy as hell....and it looks like a girls car. So for you to bust someone's balls for wanting to go fast in a "roller skate" to me, is pretty laughable.

+1

jfboy

Established Member
My cousin has a k20 swapped eg. The swap cost him a little less that 6k when it was all said and done. Yes it's fast but hes's got a 15 year old civic that cost him well over 10k. But you guyz gotta understand that we cant all be driving mustangs. That would be a pretty boring world. He let me borrow his car and I gotta admit it was a lot of fun.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
are you guys totaly missing the part where the kid in the civic yells out "start out in 4th" to the corvette driver?

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
I am guessing that most of these people(Ricers) did not buy their civics or Hondas to begin with... probably a hand me down car from the parents.

i know a few FAST CIVIC/INTEGRA owners that also owns a fast European, American Muscle & exotic Japanese cars for a beater

Give the muther***ers credit! :beer: I wouldn't mind owning an 11 sec Civic HB myself.. Maybe in the near future....

Common

Established Member
i know a few FAST CIVIC/INTEGRA owners that also owns a fast European, American Muscle & exotic Japanese cars for a beater

Give the muther***ers credit! :beer: I wouldn't mind owning an 11 sec Civic HB myself.. Maybe in the near future....

I am actually trailering a K24 EK9 to the track for my friend today, his previous best was 12.1 full interior on DR's

We hope 11s easily today!!!

fastbacon

Banned
i love how people say civics are fast....theyre modz usually consist of the stock shell w/ new motor trans ect....they say they beat a stock mustang or a vette.....id like to see it pull the ls7 thats stock:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread