Kenne Bell 2.2 Dyno Numbers List

LordVader04

Established Member
I bet that KB sounds different when the auto shifts... any vids? And damn that slush box takes some power..

It's just one continuos scream! And it does rob a little power, but the auto is a blast to drive on the street:rockon:

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
It just seems hard to see a 2.2 on 19 psi making 670 hp even on E without. I could see it maybe with cams and LT's. Being on a Mustang Dyno I would expect to see lower numbers not higher? Im on 21 on E and seeing 660 and 670 on a Dyno Dynamics. And other guys that have dyno'd theyre car on the same dyno then went to MAP in the cities and the conversion factor comes out to about 15-19% higher. Which would put me well into the mid 700 range and that just seems too high for a 2.2 car without spray and only on 21* of timing.

Krs One

Established Member
It just seems hard to see a 2.2 on 19 psi making 670 hp even on E without. I could see it maybe with cams and LT's. Being on a Mustang Dyno I would expect to see lower numbers not higher? Im on 21 on E and seeing 660 and 670 on a Dyno Dynamics. And other guys that have dyno'd theyre car on the same dyno then went to MAP in the cities and the conversion factor comes out to about 15-19% higher. Which would put me well into the mid 700 range and that just seems too high for a 2.2 car without spray and only on 21* of timing.

I don't think it's 21*, I think it's higher than that. I know we upped the timing when we tuned it for E85. Basically turned it up till stopped making power and backed it off. I know the dyno is right because other cars dynos seem correct for the mods. It's Blankenship Tuning dyno.

It does have Kook LT's and midpipe on it with 3in exhaust all the way through and High boost JLT CAI. I can scan the dyno sheet if you like. I can also find out the timing from Lee if that would help you as well.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
No I totally believe you I just remember when it was a feat to break the low 600s on a 2.2. Im saying im on 21* im guessing you are in the 24-26 range which I might go into but right now im happy with my power on 21* and being plenty safe. If I would convert my numbers to a shootout mode(that's what they call it to mimic Dyno Jet #s) It would be right around 759 I believe but I just find it hard to believe out of a 2.2.

Dragu1a

Established Member
2.2....3.25/4lb....18psi....93oct....601/547

That was w/long tubes, 60lb/stock pumps and BAP with 2600 MAF and 2.5" o/r exhaust.

Getting retuned this week on e85. Upgrades will be - stage 3 comp cams, 80lb/fore rails/DivX hat/aero 340(2), return style, sct 3000 MAF and 3" o/r exhaust.

Can't wait to see what it does.

ttype69

Established Member
Check out my dyno pull car made 546 rwhp and 451 ft lb on 19.4. Its got a safe street tune. it was on a mustang dyno boost max 19.4 psi

Also please subscribe to my youtube page

[youtube_browser]i-YJn_qZMhc&feature[/youtube_browser]

laruei

Established Member
Must be the reason for the safe tune... as long as you dont go changing fuel companys you should be fine :)

ttype69

Established Member
lol

Must be the reason for the safe tune... as long as you dont go changing fuel companys you should be fine :)
I know.. def was not trying to make that boost I wish someone was there to take a pic of my face when the tuner told me :dw: <--- it was kinda like that

Last edited:

Dragu1a

Established Member
2.2....3.25/4lb....18psi....93oct....601/547

That was w/long tubes, 60lb/stock pumps and BAP with 2600 MAF and 2.5" o/r exhaust.

Getting retuned this week on e85. Upgrades will be - stage 3 comp cams, 80lb/fore rails/DivX hat/aero 340(2), return style, sct 3000 MAF and 3" o/r exhaust.

Can't wait to see what it does.

upgrades are done.

same pulley/exhaust setup

675/593 at 19psi on e85

Users who are viewing this thread