Kenny bell or whipple

JimIII@jdm

Hahaha that's some good humor right there, oh man. There sure are plenty of options out there and even more opinions, I think any of these guys and myself can share some wealthy information.

Greasy7, Go with what you can fit in your budget and feel is going to get you your goals in the end. If you need help I am all ears.

Thanks for the laugh guys.

JimIII

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
right back at ya!

Look_at_Me.jpg

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
They all have a plus/minus side, tvs is the best cost option and ease of install. Whipple install will be more involved but make more power/costs more but not much. Kb is the most money and trickiest install but if funds were unlimited that would be my choice.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
now if you could just get the vendors in a bidding war! LMAO

Well being Whipple's largest distributor, I'm sure we'll do whatever we can to earn the business.

All in good fun though - I make my living being in sales, so that's all I'm trying to do :thumbsup:

fullboogie

Established Member
Well being Whipple's largest distributor, I'm sure we'll do whatever we can to earn the business.

All in good fun though - I make my living being in sales, so that's all I'm trying to do :thumbsup:

Just having fun, John :beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Everyone will believe their blower is the best. It comes down to what you want and will be pleased with at the end of the day. I keep hearing that TVS is what Ford uses. Isn't the Supersnake the next level of the GT500 and it comes with a Whipple lol. So I guess it goes in Stages from Ford also

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Everyone will believe their blower is the best. It comes down to what you want and will be pleased with at the end of the day. I keep hearing that TVS is what Ford uses. Isn't the Supersnake the next level of the GT500 and it comes with a Whipple lol. So I guess it goes in Stages from Ford also

Two words - Cobra Jet.

PRP

Established Member
Two words - Cobra Jet.

Good point!

I noticed that BJ (TVS vendor) seems to be overlooking the fact that Ford Motor Company uses a TVS because Jack Roush (aka "Ford Racing"!) designed and developed it and it is FAR less expensive for FoMoCo to use the TVS than any of the others (on a production unit).

But like you say, when they're going for big numbers, the 4.0L Whipple is what they opted for (NOT a KB).

Phill

PRP

Established Member
Greasy,
Our VMP TVS is manufactured by the same people, and in fact was so some 4 years earlier than Ford. That would have you believe that the manufacturer used a ton of our R&D in the production of the OEM piece.

Now that thar is FUNNY, I don't care who ya are....

They have Jack Roush as their R&D man, and you would have us believe that they used Justin Starkey/VMP's R&D in the production of the OEM piece?

Seriously?

No, I mean.....REALLY!?

Come on!

Phill

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Good point!

I noticed that BJ (TVS vendor) seems to be overlooking the fact that Ford Motor Company uses a TVS because Jack Roush (aka "Ford Racing"!) designed and developed it and it is FAR less expensive for FoMoCo to use the TVS than any of the others (on a production unit).

But like you say, when they're going for big numbers, the 4.0L Whipple is what they opted for (NOT a KB).

Phill

Something like this?

556225_10151217448581001_44072572_n.jpg

Van@RevanRacing

It's been a fun topic and I'd like to see it stay that way.

No Whipple Supercharger has ever done this........................

All motor and blower, NO NITROUS!! Standing Mile.

220_8mph-banner2_zps4b394d35.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
While there are great options from all manufacturers and vendors here, OP you will no doubt be happy with the purchase of whatever from whomever.

I personally went KB 2.8 LC because of looks and sound. Power is very comparable between them all truth be told. But that KB whine is sick and I loved it!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
No one may have tried to do that event. I mean didn't the whipple just power the last space shuttle that took off? Didn't see a KB around for that launch.

I say it goes on what you prefer and to say that one is far superior to the other is just preference. The KBs are nice and I drove one a while back. Like the whine and the car felt great. Just don't like the stainless steel toaster look. I like the fact of the LC option.

It's all in fun and games because this topic arises monthly since noone searches past threads. I only see one that feels they are the best thing since sliced bread and should be the only option. I like the looks of whipple so I'm biased. Can't knock the performance either.

Zack up here is a KB guy and loves his blower, I can't tell him he's wrong because at the end of the day it comes down to what you want, how MUCH you want to spend, what you can sleep comfortable with at night. Not sure but I think Van could have went faster with a whipple but the world may never know. Just joking Van, but might want to try lol

Van@RevanRacing

Zack up here is a KB guy and loves his blower, I can't tell him he's wrong because at the end of the day it comes down to what you want, how MUCH you want to spend, what you can sleep comfortable with at night. Not sure but I think Van could have went faster with a whipple but the world may never know. Just joking Van, but might want to try lol

I love this guy.........

The Space Shuttle was Kenne Bell Powered, there, the secret is out! LOL

I've owned a Whipple 3.4 and raced with one. I've driven a lot of cars. I like the KB Billet Aluminum case and Liquid Cooled and seal pressure equalization technology and 4 x 6 rotor pack. At the end of the day the cases are different, the rotor profiles are different and to each his own. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread