Keystone Pipeline...Dead.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wait until the next huge train derailment and tank car break up and fire.

Then ask the environmentalists what is worse for the environment, a pipeline or transporting all the crude oil in tankcars?

Happened in WV a few months back. They seem to have missed it.

Lets make this simple...

Who owns the railroad (BNSF) that transports oil? Warren Buffett.

Who's donate's a ton to the Obama administration? Warren Buffett.

Somehow railroads and ships are much less efficient and better for the the environment than a pipeline. Not to mention the countless spills & deaths from this kind of transport...but a pipeline?! Scary!! Horrible for the environment for sure. Follow the money trail people. Buffett would lose billions and billions if this happened. More smoke and mirrors by Obummer

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/u...ruction-of-keystone-xl-oil-pipeline.html?_r=0

You have some nerve pointing out that Buffet, one of the wealthiest men in America, has very 'left leaning' positions and political affiliations. And don't you dare point out that Mr. Microsoft, Bill Gates, is also as lefty as they come! And don't let it cross your mind either that Mr. Facebook is pumping millions upon millions to make illegal immigration the norm so his Silicon Valley boyz can have the cheapest labor available in the IT field. Don't you dare boy!!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
cid_part2_07060202_08000901aol.gif

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I lean pretty left as you guys know, and I don't understand the big problem with the keystone pipeline. Creates jobs, easier access to oil, more stuff for my company to sell to the petroleum companies. I can see that it would continue our dependence on fossil fuels versus alternative energy, but I don't think oil and natural gas are going anywhere anytime soon.

I also don't think it's a big conspiracy like you guys are saying.

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Wait until the next huge train derailment and tank car break up and fire.

Then ask the environmentalists what is worse for the environment, a pipeline or transporting all the crude oil in tankcars?
They don't care! They think they are going to stop or dramatically slow oil and gas development if they do everything possible to disrupt it's transport. The idiots don't understand that every drip of oil will be extracted from the earth when it's all said and done several hundred years from now.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I always love the argument that it won't be sold in the US, oil is a global commodity and the more there is on the market the lower the price for every country.

They don't care! They think they are going to stop or dramatically slow oil and gas development if they do everything possible to disrupt it's transport. The idiots don't understand that every drip of oil will be extracted from the earth when it's all said and done several hundred years from now.

Sorry, but the abiotic oil theory is gaining more steam than ever before. The earth has an uncanny way of making oil. Oil has been used as a political and social weapon for too long. And the arguments have been based on a lie. Excuse me, an incredibly profitable lie for those that own the lands with the oil and the means of extracting it and bringing it to the market place quickly.

jbs$

Established Member
Remember, the oil in question for this pipe line, is Canadain oil. If this project, that provides for a ton of US jobs, is not done, the Canadians will build a port and ship their oil to China. They are going to take their oil to the market whether Obama likes it or not.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Sorry, but the abiotic oil theory is gaining more steam than ever before. The earth has an uncanny way of making oil. Oil has been used as a political and social weapon for too long. And the arguments have been based on a lie. Excuse me, an incredibly profitable lie for those that own the lands with the oil and the means of extracting it and bringing it to the market place quickly.

...you can't be serious.

As a geologist, I'd love to hear your explanation on why you think it's gaining ground and is even remotely possible.

:pop:

Remember, the oil in question for this pipe line, is Canadain oil. If this project, that provides for a ton of US jobs, is not done, the Canadians will build a port and ship their oil to China. They are going to take their oil to the market whether Obama likes it or not.

Exactly. All it would do is create more jobs on construction, on the refinery side and lead to higher exports.

...because lord knows we won't use it here. Gotta keep the turban heads happy

so how are high oil prices good for the overall economy compared to the current lower crude prices?

Extreme highs and extreme lows are bad for both. The media will play it like now is such a great deal for the economy, consumers are saving SOOO much money, blah blah blah. Are those consumers paying employee's? Are those consumers giving federal and state taxes like the oil companies would have to pay? No...and no. That's just 2 examples. Extreme highs are also false highs. When prices sit in the 60-70 window, it seems that's the best for companies and consumers (ie. the dollar, etc).

2001sleeper

Established Member
Extreme highs and extreme lows are bad for both. The media will play it like now is such a great deal for the economy, consumers are saving SOOO much money, blah blah blah. Are those consumers paying employee's? Are those consumers giving federal and state taxes like the oil companies would have to pay? No...and no. That's just 2 examples. Extreme highs are also false highs. When prices sit in the 60-70 window, it seems that's the best for companies and consumers (ie. the dollar, etc).

I believe data, not feelings.
When oil was high the tax breaks on exploration and the interest rates on commercial loans were crazy low, so I don't buy the taxation example you proposed. When oil was high I knew only one person in my oil and gas friends that was benefitting. Now that oil is low, that same person is the only one "hurting" as he is now longer raking in giant bonuses. Still over 6 figures.

Yes the high oil prices make some jobs, but it also creates a larger oil bubble as the world today is still producing more than it is consuming. Clearly profitability is higher at a higher price per barrel, but I didn't really see the trickle down effect.

The value of the dollar seems to be pretty good right now and it wasn't a few years ago.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member

This. I'm not saying we need $4/gallon gas. I'm saying that when oil was $60/barrel, people were employed and consumers could handle it.

jbs$

Established Member
Lower gas prices only hurt government. This when the tax take is a percent of the selling price. This is why you see governments, local, state and federal try to sneak in percent taxes with a floor amount. Now you would not want to limit their take out of your pocket, would you?

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I believe data, not feelings.
When oil was high the tax breaks on exploration and the interest rates on commercial loans were crazy low, so I don't buy the taxation example you proposed. When oil was high I knew only one person in my oil and gas friends that was benefitting. Now that oil is low, that same person is the only one "hurting" as he is now longer raking in giant bonuses. Still over 6 figures.

Yes the high oil prices make some jobs, but it also creates a larger oil bubble as the world today is still producing more than it is consuming. Clearly profitability is higher at a higher price per barrel, but I didn't really see the trickle down effect.

The value of the dollar seems to be pretty good right now and it wasn't a few years ago.

:bored:

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I heard a factoid on a radio show this AM so I looked the statistic up.

There were 7 times as many miles of pipeline proposed, OKed, and actually completed and put into use during the time that all the anti Keystone Pipeline screaming was going on.

I wonder if the Keystone was set up as a straw dog to keep the environmentalists busy while the oil industry got the really profitable pipelines build and running?

...you can't be serious.

As a geologist, I'd love to hear your explanation on why you think it's gaining ground and is even remotely possible.

:pop:

A geologist I'm not, but its geologists that have come to believe that the abiotic oil theory is certainly legitimate. And I am always willing to consider what those geologists have to say, when they think outside the box and make an incredibly good argument to believe their positions.

I mean you can't be so obtuse to believe that you as a geologist, have a monopoly on understanding this matter. Or could you be this obtuse?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
These are the same people who think that electricity comes from a socket in the wall. They have no idea, and if fact, have never considered why that happens.

Same people that think that food magically appears on the shelves of supermarkets.

Users who are viewing this thread