Kid smashes McLaren's window with skateboard (WTF)

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
That kid needs a role Model. You let the car hit you and then you sue. The kids temper just cost him a payday and probably earned him an asset whooping. He could have bled that rich dude silly.

+1 Beat me too it. I would had laid there and screamed for 911 and made that money

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Doesn't matter who is wrong or right. Doesn't give the kid the right to smash someones car. He should be arrested and charged. Period.

ricafortegio

a306juGRnot
Established Member

to be technical, it was the drivers fault because he didnt stop at the stop sign and the pedistrian had the right of way. at the same time, the kid can see that hes rolling (extremely slow) while hes smashing down with his skateboard. again technically, the driver is in the wrong but if you see the car not stopping, why would you try to beat it by going through. you can see the car stops before the kid even gets to him. it looks more like the kid hit the car than the car hit the kid. sometimes even when you have the right of way, you should yield to pple who are not looking.

its harder to say the kid wasnt looking because its straight in his view whereas the driver would have to turn his head. but than again we dont know. if he were to go to court, its deff the drivers fault so youre right.

03'Darin

Established Member
Cross walk laws are based on pedestrian traffic that's walking. Put that person on a bicycle, skateboard, Segway... what ever and the laws change. Yes the driver of the car was rolling through the stop sign but the kid coming through faster than someone walking is just as much at fault. Point is the kid was crossing a road, he should have been off his board walking or giving the car the right of way. I occasionally ride road bike. I would never ride through a cross walk in front of a car expecting them to give me the right of way.

My guess would be that if the car was a focus or something similar everyone's mentality would have been a bit different. Hey.... guy is driving an expensive car...... think I'll ride in front of him with my skate board and try to get hit or maybe fake an injury so I can sue and get rich.... yeah that's it. That's the sad state of this country today.

Zemedici

Established Member
Cross walk laws are based on pedestrian traffic that's walking. Put that person on a bicycle, skateboard, Segway... what ever and the laws change. Yes the driver of the car was rolling through the stop sign but the kid coming through faster than someone walking is just as much at fault. Point is the kid was crossing a road, he should have been off his board walking or giving the car the right of way. I occasionally ride road bike. I would never ride through a cross walk in front of a car expecting them to give me the right of way.

My guess would be that if the car was a focus or something similar everyone's mentality would have been a bit different. Hey.... guy is driving an expensive car...... think I'll ride in front of him with my skate board and try to get hit or maybe fake an injury so I can sue and get rich.... yeah that's it. That's the sad state of this country today.

I dont understand the mentality of 'i've got the right-of-way so **** you'. If the car's not stopped when i'm crossing, i'm not putting a damn foot in the street. Sure I may have the right-of-way, but if he's not paying attention its going to be a battle a pedestrian will lose every time. Seems like bad math to me...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I dont understand the mentality of 'i've got the right-of-way so **** you'. If the car's not stopped when i'm crossing, i'm not putting a damn foot in the street. Sure I may have the right-of-way, but if he's not paying attention its going to be a battle a pedestrian will lose every time. Seems like bad math to me...

That's not how it works. I work downtown, and walk to places for lunch often. When that sign gives me the go ahead to walk you best believe I'm walking. If I get hit and don't die guess what? I'm gonna be driving whatever hit me when they should have been yielding to pedestrian traffic. I've been blown at lots of times, I look at the driver then point to the cross walk sign giving me the right of way. I get what you're saying but at the same time it sounds like you're one of the people that don't yield to pedestrians at pedestrian crossings. I'm going to get some pics of some of the pedestrian crossings we have in the middle of the street no where near traffic lights. Those are dangerous because I think drivers see the yield to pedestrians sign kinda late.

Zemedici

Established Member
That's not how it works. I work downtown, and walk to places for lunch often. When that sign gives me the go ahead to walk you best believe I'm walking. If I get hit and don't die guess what? I'm gonna be driving whatever hit me when they should have been yielding to pedestrian traffic. I've been blown at lots of times, I look at the driver then point to the cross walk sign giving me the right of way. I get what you're saying but at the same time it sounds like you're one of the people that don't yield to pedestrians at pedestrian crossings. I'm going to get some pics of some of the pedestrian crossings we have in the middle of the street no where near traffic lights. Those are dangerous because I think drivers see the yield to pedestrians sign kinda late.

Dumbest approach i've heard.

So you're going to blindly walk across a street, because you have right-of-way? Yeah I guess you'll 'be driving whatever he's driving' if you survive. I for one am not going to be playing chicken with a 4000+lb vehicle traveling at speed. Did your parents not tell you to look both ways? Called being aware of your surroundings.....O.O Some car comes careening down the street at 40+, i'm not going to just waltz out in front of him 'because I've got a little LED man on a sign telling me I can'

Maybe that's why I've never even come CLOSE to being hit by a car, nor have I ever come remotely close to hitting people with my car. However where I live and work, Jaywalkers get struck borderline weekly, and guess what? Its the jaywalkers fault....

And if someone almost hits me, i'm not going to worsen the situation by smashing his windshield. Seems like a Neanderthal approach, this is 2016

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Dumbest approach i've heard.

So you're going to blindly walk across a street, because you have right-of-way? Yeah I guess you'll 'be driving whatever he's driving' if you survive. I for one am not going to be playing chicken with a 4000+lb vehicle traveling at speed. Did your parents not tell you to look both ways? Called being aware of your surroundings.....O.O Some car comes careening down the street at 40+, i'm not going to just waltz out in front of him 'because I've got a little LED man on a sign telling me I can'

Maybe that's why I've never even come CLOSE to being hit by a car, nor have I ever come remotely close to hitting people with my car. However where I live and work, Jaywalkers get struck borderline weekly, and guess what? Its the jaywalkers fault....

And if someone almost hits me, i'm not going to worsen the situation by smashing his windshield. Seems like a Neanderthal approach, this is 2016

A car driving 40 through the downtown streets here? LMAO! You seem to have put your own spin on what I said. Who said anything about blindly walking into the street? I guess until you've worked in a downtown setting you won't understand how impatient drivers are when people have the right a way. Cars trying to make a left when people are crossing the street are the worst offenders.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
A car driving 40 through the downtown streets here? LMAO! You seem to have put your own spin on what I said. Who said anything about blindly walking into the street? I guess until you've worked in a downtown setting you won't understand how impatient drivers are when people have the right a way. Cars trying to make a left when people are crossing the street are the worst offenders.

I work in a downtown situation every day. Live 2.2 miles up the street, so I live in one as well. Also deal with a lot of DUMBASS pedestrians that will walk whenever they feel like because 'they're pedestrians and have the right of way' when actually they dont.

Users who are viewing this thread