Killed a snake in my garage

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
was Eastern Milk Snake on your list?

people from Tioga county atleast call a milk snake (usually the darker colored ones) a Spotted Adder...totally harmless snake although they will draw blood on the back of your index finger...

Yes, there are a lot of copperheads in this area and I wasn't taking any chances.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yes, there are a lot of copperheads in this area and I wasn't taking any chances.

impossible to mis-ID a copperhead...small and colored up just like a penny...they actually are really cool looking snakes...i still hate em though lol

Last edited:

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
That's a young black rat snake, Elaphe obsoleta obsoleta. They're harmless and although they can reach 5-7 ft in length as adults they're really gentile.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
impossible to mis-ID a copperhead...small and colored up just like a penny...they actually are really cool looking snakes...i still hate em though lol

Well I walk out to my garage annd I see something slithering under my car (low light) so I grab my claw hammer and try to pull it out from under my car and it starts striking at me so I flattend it's skull and mid section.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member

there's this thing called wikipedia where you can see photos of critters endemic to your geographic region, especially the dangerous/venomous ones... what you killed was most definitely a nonvenomous snake that is somewhat benefical to re release to keep down on vermin.

Well I walk out to my garage annd I see something slithering under my car (low light) so I grab my claw hammer and try to pull it out from under my car and it starts striking at me so I flattend it's skull and mid section.

so you see a snake and aren't sure what it is so you grab a claw hammer to pull it out? Had it been a copperhead you could have ended up envenomated... FYI a pit viper can strike 1/3-1/2 of their body length away so your little claw hammer wouldn't have been long enough to keep you out of danger... If you were crawling around on the ground and something started to grab you you probably wouldn't be very happy either...

you guys are a bunch of little girls. I left a black widow in my back yard alive because it eats bugs. I also re-release any spiders I find crawling around my house or leave them be. They'll starve to death in a house unless you have a large pest problem, but if you do have a pest problem some spiders can work that out for you.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
off topic, but digging the battles on your car. anymore pics?

68f5f8f9.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Totally understand you then did what you had to do. I would have done the very same thing. Especially not know what type of snake it was.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

atleast you got that far! i woulda passed the hell out right there!

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Steve Irwin would not approve. Thats pretty messed up man, you didnt have to kill it. Just open the damn garage door and it will find its way out. Poor snake.

Driver500

Established Member
I usually try to let the good ones live, but I will kill venomous snakes. With that head shape I would have killed it too. The only snake that I know that get's that big around here and isn't poisonous is the king snake and it's easily identifiable.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
lol at all the people but hurt that you killed it. I do not blame you at all.

lol at all the people with no respect for life. I know I sound like a hippie (and I generally hate hippies) however I have a great respect for nature and life. Except for spiders. May ragnorok take them all from this earth.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
lol at all the people with no respect for life. I know I sound like a hippie (and I generally hate hippies) however I have a great respect for nature and life. Except for spiders. May ragnorok take them all from this earth.

I would say it is respect for life. The OP's life. He didn't take time to google it and see it wasn't venomous. On gut reflex he killed it not knowing. I would have done the same thing. I don't know about you but when I run into snakes I get the fight or flight reflex as soon as I recongnize what they are, poisonous or not. Lucky for me the poisonous ones we have let you know they are there via the buzzing sound they make with their rattles lol.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
lol at all the people but hurt that you killed it. I do not blame you at all.
Thanks.

All the snake huggers can go pound salt :),there will be no living spiders or snakes on my property period... don't care how wonderful some of you think they are. I'm not one to go around killing stuff I don't intend on eating ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread