Kooks Long Tube 1 7/8 Headers W Boss H Pipe

joey-roma

Established Member
These will be going in on Tuesday . Will post before and after exhaust vids for sure . Ordered them 3 weeks ago on latemodel. Showed up today . And I would like to mention , originally I ordered the 1 3/4 inch headers . Then I called and asked to change the order to 1 7/8 inch . They didn't have 1 /7/8 inch on the site , and have never carried them . They didntt even have a SKU to input them as an order. They contacted Kooks , created a SKU for these , processed the order , then still gave them to me for the same price as the 1 3/4 s. That saved me 100 dollars . :banana: They rock , Kooks rock , Thank you . :pepper:

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Nice man, I got mine in the mail too :rockon: what does the rest of your exhaust set-up consist of? Have you considered running 7/8" or smaller side disks? I heard that they will pop and crackle like crazy with no cats

joey-roma

Established Member
I have the frpp gt500 rolled tips quads with qtp valves on the boss pipes

image.jpg

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I have the frpp gt500 rolled tips quads with qtp valves on the boss pipes

image.jpg

It's gonna sound soo gnarly! Are the FRPP GT500 axle backs any lighter than stock? I love the sound of my '12 GT500 mufflers but the they're heavy as f^^^! Looks like we will be running similar exhaust ;-)

Kooks 1-7/8", Kooks o/r h-pipe, Kooks side exhaust, Lethal gen2 OTA pipes and GT500 mufflers.

kooks by svtjocson, on Flickr

Last edited:

joey-roma

Established Member
Yea the lethal ota pipes are on the way. I am keeping the ford quad exhaust on the kooks h pipe for now because I like how stealth they are. Maybe change them out down the road.

Tyler72

Established Member
I'm not sure about the GT500 mufflers, but the Boss/GT mufflers weigh 41 lbs each!!! Where as the Kooks mufflers only weight 21 lbs each. Huge difference!

Nuar

Established Member
Oh man, i wanna hear this setup. Ive been eyeballing those frpp mufflers for a few months now.
Please post up a video when its all on the car. :)

Kooks Headers

Established Member
Glad to see another happy customer. Post up some pics once you get it installed.

As for muffler weight, Tyler72 is correct, our mufflers come in around 20lbs compared to 40lbs for the stockers.

Give one of our authorized dealers a call for some of the best deals on this system.

Thanks!

Last edited:

numbnutz

Established Member
Very nice OP, looking at the Kooks LT's myself.

How many hours should it take a mechanic with a lift to install these? Thanks guys..

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Very nice OP, looking at the Kooks LT's myself.

How many hours should it take a mechanic with a lift to install these? Thanks guys..

All the shops I have called that usually work on mustangs have a 5 hour rule of thumb for headers. Other shops just say it depends

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I'm not sure about the GT500 mufflers, but the Boss/GT mufflers weigh 41 lbs each!!! Where as the Kooks mufflers only weight 21 lbs each. Huge difference!

:eek:

I wonder if thats the same for the FRPP sets. Thats just too bad, I think they are the best sounding mufflers out there too

Users who are viewing this thread