L&M Cams!

NickSezz

Established Member
While our cams were designed based off of years of R&D from our Cobra Jet program, do not be mistaken that these cams are only for drag strip use. We have shown that our JDM Super Stock cams not only produce huge power gains, but they drive very well on the street and sound amazing as I am sure many of you have heard.

We do have other grinds that we test and use depending on the application but the grind we use in the Super Stock package is what we feel works the best and is the most well rounded cam grind for those who race, cruise and or just want that old school muscle car sound.

That said, we utilize upgraded springs and retainers because our package is designed for maximum performance and reliability. When adding aftermarket cams with higher lift and longer duration you increase the amount of work the factory springs have to do. Not only can they potentially wear faster and fail, your chances of developing valve float on high boost applications is greater.

There is a fine line on what is "required" and what is "recommended." Those L&M grinds would may perform better/be more reliable with upgraded springs and retainers. If you add springs and retainers to their price you have a package that cost more than the JDM Super Stock package. When you purchase our cam package you can be confident that you are getting the very best for your car. Each cam package is put together by our engine builder and every cam is measured by hand when we receive them from comp the ensure the highest quality control possible.

If you want the best for your 5.4/5.8 give us a call : )

JDM SUPER STOCK 5.4/5.8 GT500 CAM PACKAGE

Van@RevanRacing

Michael Rauscher at L&M Engines has over 600 plus GT500 cam profile designs.

Standing Mile, Drag Race, Road Race or Street Application he has more than one cam profile available some that require retainers and springs and others that do not.

JimIII@jdm

Michael Rauscher at L&M Engines has over 600 plus GT500 cam profile designs.

Standing Mile, Drag Race, Road Race or Street Application he has more than one cam profile available some that require retainers and springs and others that do not.

That is great, L&M certainly holds some high accolades in their engine development program. We have worked with them, as well as other Mod Motor Geniuses like John Mihovitz, Sean Hyland, Roush Yates Engine deparment, and many more. The wealth of shared knowledge and proven racing programs is what allows many people in this industry to develop winning parts. When you want to tailor something to your specifications, that access and knowledge is out there, more power to the people who act on it and bring these ideas to market!

grobertx

Established Member
What is the install labor difference between changing springs and not? What do they have to do extra labor-wise to swap the springs / retainers? What do they have to do extra labor-wise to "degree" the cams? I'm a street driver with around 700WHP with bolt-ons listed in my sig. I am less risk tolerant than some of the guys on here but obviously don't mind potentially voiding the engine warranty. I'm not one of the guys that plans to push her until she blows then replace with built motor. That said I want to add 50-75WHP performance, great muscle car sound but not push the envelope any more than that.

While I won't be doing the labor on mine I'd like to know if what I'm being told from local shops is accurate and required...

Users who are viewing this thread