LATCH System

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
For anyone who has removed the rear seat in their car, is the LATCH system attached to the seat or to the car itself?

Wondering if I can do a rear seat delete and still throw the kids back there.

5ohpowa

Established Member
Wow yea rear seat delete and kids sitting unbelted on a piece of cheap carpet covered wood, seems totally safe what could go wrong

squeak93

Established Member
He is asking the the latch system to hook car seats in is attached to the seat or car. Damn trolls.

The latch system should be firmly bolted to the car. But i bet the rear seat delete does not have provisions to allow for them.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
He is asking the the latch system to hook car seats in is attached to the seat or car. Damn trolls.

The latch system should be firmly bolted to the car. But i bet the rear seat delete does not have provisions to allow for them.

you should definitely re-read the OP. :rollseyes

squeak93

Established Member
I did. He wants a seat delete but have latch system still to hook a car seat too if needed. If the system is useable the delete would just look funny but make no difference... unless i take his post wrong.

squeak93

Established Member
Just to be clear..... i am not endorsing what i think he is asking in anyway. Saving 15 lbs with fugly ass deletes is not my cup of tea.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member

Who are the Trolls? Most of your post count was from this thread. It's a dumb question. What if there was a LATCH system back there with no seats? WOULD you still us it ? :bash:

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
Wow. Maybe I was not clear. My question about the latch system being bolted to the car and not the seat was for the purpose of doing a rear seat delete but still being able to use the system to hold in my kids car seats.

I was not aware the rear seat delete kit was cardboard. If it were something more substantial such as a thick plywood that would support the weight of the carseats and children they maybe it would be an option. With cardboard, it obviously is not.

Thanks for assuming I am a shit father for asking a question about the construction of the car.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Read your original post from someone else's viewpoint, it sounded like you wanted to ratchet strap your kids to cardboard.

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
The latch system is three points in a vehicle seat that a childseat has special straps to latch to in order to make the child seat more secure than a seat belt.

If you don't know what a latch system is, maybe best to ask as opposed to assume I'd be using ratchet straps.

But hey, giving people shit for not knowing everything is what the internet is for.

theFNG

Established Member
The latch system is three points in a vehicle seat that a childseat has special straps to latch to in order to make the child seat more secure than a seat belt.

If you don't know what a latch system is, maybe best to ask as opposed to assume I'd be using ratchet straps.

But hey, giving people shit for not knowing everything is what the internet is for.

Well being that the latch system works by retraining the car seat to the seat, it might pose an issue when your child is restrained to an 1/8" piece of plywood... It's your child, why would you even risk it when you have a safe, federally tested option, already available.

atistang

Established Member
Well being that the latch system works by retraining the car seat to the seat, it might pose an issue when your child is restrained to an 1/8" piece of plywood... It's your child, why would you even risk it when you have a safe, federally tested option, already available.

dont mind the strong metal unibody that is under that cardboard

i seriously dont see why everyone is attacking this guy for asking this question

if the delete kit was strong enough then there would be nothing wrong with this. ever look in the back of a crx? they have car seat latches, yet no rear seat.

nothing wrong with the idea, the but you would probably want a thin layer of padding just to make sure there isnt vibrations from the car transferring into the seat

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, a whole lot of ignorant assholes in here. i'll give you guys a hint: when someone writes one word of a whole sentence in capitols, that word is more than likely a ****ing acronym. and if you don't know what that acronym stands for, then you should probably google it before making yourself look like an asshole:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread