LDC Chicago cooling mod kit is ready!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is now installed, and I am very happy with the LDC coolant mod. :rockon:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The trans must be removed to install the fittings, so unless they are taking the engine out of the car to do the head swap, you have not lost anything.

If they are dropping the motor/trans out, maybe you can get them to hold off for a few days. We are expecting some parts from Ford late this week. We could overnight it to you as soon as they are ready.

Let Cliff know it this will help.

Dana

dun4791

Established Member
This kit was designed for the 03/04 SC Cobra engines. However we are going to start working on a kit for the N/A Mach1 engines soon. Then maybe a 2V kit..................Lyle

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Is the 2002-2003 2v 5.4 subject to this issue and will there be a kit in the future for them also.

FoMoCoDave

Established Member
Dana said:
The trans must be removed to install the fittings, so unless they are taking the engine out of the car to do the head swap, you have not lost anything.

If they are dropping the motor/trans out, maybe you can get them to hold off for a few days. We are expecting some parts from Ford late this week. We could overnight it to you as soon as they are ready.

Let Cliff know it this will help.

Dana

I think they were supposed to drop the motor today so I will probably have to wait on this mod. Maybe when the clutch is due for a change.

Thanks

Xjman1

Established Member
Just emailed you regarding purchase and opportunity.

flyn high again said:
New pricing info:

Shipping is usually between $8 and $11 so rather than keep e-mailing back and forth with exact shipping costs, we have decided to charge a flat $10 for shipping and handling. If you live in the 48 contiguous states your cost will be:

$149.95 Intro sale price [$159.95 regular price starting April 1]
$ 20.00 Core charge [returned to you when you ship us your stock passenger fitting].
$ 10.00 UPS Ground shipping and handling
$179.95 total [$189.95 after April 1]

PayPal the total to [email protected] along with your name and address and We will get a cooling mod kit shipped to you. Illinois residents add 6.50% Sales tax [$9.75].

If you are in Alaska or Hawaii or out of the USA, Email me with your shipping info and I will get you a shipping cost. If you need the kit sooner than UPS Ground [usually 1-5 days] e-mail me with your time frame and I will let you know your shipping options and costs. If you have any questions, e-mail them to me at [email protected] Thanks-Cliff

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Are the pieces for this still backordered from Ford? I plan on having my clutch done in the next month of so.. Please let me know.. Thanks!

dun4791

Established Member
we will be receiving fittings from Ford this week and hopefully will be able to start shipping kits next week. Cliff has been busy working nights lately so he hasnt had too much time to let everyone know. You can start getting in line now if you want. E-mail us so i can get an idea of how many kits i need to fabricate in the next week...........Lyle

Willie

Established Member
Just installed the kit last weekend. Very pleased with the quality. And the tech support I received was incredible! By that I mean Lyle was more than willing to answer my questions on tranny removal / installation as I've never been under my '03 since I bought it five months ago.

Lyle, if you read this, I hope you received my stock fitting in the mail. I shipped it to you last week.

Willie

dun4791

Established Member
Willie-glad the install went so well-thank you for the kind words-any questions dont hesitate to call. Yes i recieved the fitting and Cliff sent you something in the mail also,thanks again...............Lyle

Machinator

Banned
CharlieCobra03 said:
Incorrect, the new heads that addressed this issue just came out this last January so your car is subject to this as well. RickSVT just got a new set of these "New Casting" heads put on and gained 8 HP with CAI/CB over a previous "corrected" run. Apparently, coolant flow wasn't the only thing addressed by Ford with these new heads. Those of you in warranty can get these if you have the tick. Those of you, like me, who are out of warranty can pick up a set with new cams/valves etc. from Ford. Check out these posts for more info:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163312

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167140

So were there any 04 Cobras with the new casting heads that dont need the cooling mod, I think I have a really late 04 but am not sure exactly when it was built. Thanks
Scott

dun4791

Established Member
Machinator said:
So were there any 04 Cobras with the new casting heads that dont need the cooling mod, I think I have a really late 04 but am not sure exactly when it was built. Thanks
Scott

the coolant mod is designed to flow the coolant through the driver side head, and help to reduce the temperature in that head, all the 03/04 castings have the freeze plug in the back of that head, regardless of when it was built.................Lyle

Machinator

Banned
dun4791 said:
the coolant mod is designed to flow the coolant through the driver side head, and help to reduce the temperature in that head, all the 03/04 castings have the freeze plug in the back of that head, regardless of when it was built.................Lyle

Thanks, geuss I will be ordering one from you guys soon.
Scott.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Did anybody has a decrease in water temp after this install...
example before the install 210 degress normal
after the instal what was the operating temp?????

Users who are viewing this thread