LDC Chicago cooling mod kit is ready!

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Dana said:
$159.95 regular price
$ 20.00 Core charge [returned to you when you ship us your stock passenger fitting].
$ 10.00 UPS Ground shipping and handling
$189.95 Total
So, as you can see, the kit only costs $160, not $190.

If you don't understand why it is $160, try to make one yourself.

Dana

i see my mistake

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
i dont understand y this cost 190 bucks....

I think its a pretty good deal considering the time they took to r&d it and put together something that both looks and works well. I'll be ordering one soon when I take the car in to have the throwout bearing replaced.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
newbreed77 said:
Anyone know about how much it would cost to have the Trans drop and the kit installed?? :read:
Most dealers around here will charge about $350 to drop the tranny. I'm not too sure about a local speed shop though. The price will vary a lot!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
76C.jpg

^^ corvette logos?
IMO it is a little too low - but that's just me.
Amazing car, going to be a multiple show winner. You'll take it out and win your first show!
bahaha at the germans!
respekt.gif
respekt.gif

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
How long does it usually take to get one? Just found out my flywheel won't be here for almost two weeks..

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The kits are normally ground shipped by UPS, so however long it takes to go from Chicago to where ever you are located. I'm guessing, but Delaware is probably 3 or 4 days. Typically, they ship the same day they are ordered.

We should have some available to ship by Saturday or Monday at the latest. I am going to try to complete some more of the kits today and tomorrow, if I can. I think Cliff told me that the 4 we had in stock sold and shipped yesterday.
I am in the process of moving, so that is why there aren't more on hand. Sorry.

Dana

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
How long does it usually take to get one? Just found out my flywheel won't be here for almost two weeks..

I can ship Monday if you need one soon. Don't wait until the last minute to order. Overnight shipping really adds to the cost. 2 day shipping isn't that bad, usually around double the ground shipping cost [depending on where you are].

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Nocode said:
I am a newbie. What exactly does this mod do for me?

Welcome to the site!

The LDC cooling mod kit takes out a freeze plug on the back of the head and allows for a straight line front to back flow for the coolant through this head the same way that the passenger head coolant flows stock. Instead of having to work its way back forward, the coolant can now exit more directly out the back of the head. This helps to avoid pooling of coolant in the head.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
just ordered mine today. car goes in for the throw out bearing (warranty work) and the technician said he'd hook it up for me. also going to add the Centerforce DFX while i'm at it. :D

PoisonSnake

Banned
Is it possible to tell if you have this installed in the car? I took it to a shop to get clutch and this installed and I want to be able to look to see if it really was installed. Is it possible by just looking under the hood?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
PoisonSnake said:
Is it possible to tell if you have this installed in the car? I took it to a shop to get clutch and this installed and I want to be able to look to see if it really was installed. Is it possible by just looking under the hood?
Yes, you should be able to see the blue silicone hose running between the heads. That would probably be the easiest way to tell. Just look down at the back of the motor, from the side.
You should also be able to see it from the bottom of the car.

Dana

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
HouseSVT said:
ready to order, have some ready?
If you haven't ordered yet, as of today, there were 2 in stock, and more will be available towards the end of this week. (week beginning 10/02/05)

Dana

joemayo

Established Member
Just got a quote from James at RWTD for the labor on the LDC Mod and it was 150-200 Max.. woohoo!!! looks like I'm getting this next week :)

Users who are viewing this thread