LED license plate bulbs...very nice

futureSVT

Established Member
has any1 thought about getting the red 3157 bulb? because on the super bright led website it suggested that if the lens color is red to get the red led bulb. because the lens would not filter out as much light.

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
just put my new led lights in for the L. plate i bought the onews from superbrightleds.com also bought the reverse lights but didnt do them yet. ill get pics up asap.

the part numbers are
lic plate WLED-x6 LED bulb - Cool white WLED-CW6 .95 ct
reverse lights 25-LED 16mm Wedge Base bulb - White3156-W25 $4.00
taillights004.jpg

taillights008.jpg

taillights010.jpg

taillights011.jpg

taillights013.jpg

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
i did the reverse lights and thought id show you guys the difference.:rockon:

this is the stock lights
taillights011.jpg

this is the superbrightleds and there WHITE!!
taillights018.jpg

taillights016.jpg

SVTPaul

Established Member
Nice pics in here! I'm going to swap the reverse lights for sure. Has anyone tried the superbrightleds.com White WLED-W4 (4 LED's instead of 6) for the plate ID lights?? I like the look of the nice white light hitting the plate compared to the factory yellow but I am not desiring to have a couple of spotlights hitting the rear bumper. The 6 LED version just looks too bright for my liking. Also, what lights would be suitable for the interior dome lights in an '04 Cobra coupe? I'm going to try those at the same time.

Last edited:

SVTPaul

Established Member
Has anyone tried the 3156-WLX3 for the reverse lights? They are the brightest ones Super Bright LED have available and I'm curious to see them.

Postal, how did you find the output of the 3156-W25's compared to stock from inside the car?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Led reverse in the pics above don't look anywere near as bright as stock. Look at the reflection difference off the bumper.
Keith,

The reverse lights we sell which I have on my car are way brighter than stock. Next time you stop in remind me and I'll comp you a set. You'll like them. Much cleaner and white instead of yellow.

Jared

Jefe

Established Member
I dont know why you guys want your lic plate lit up better than it already is. Must be a bunch of do gooder's :D

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
looks great, I def want to do the reverse lights...

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Just did mine love em. I did superbrightleds white 90 degree 4 bulb. Its as bright as I would want them. If they made a 3 bulb that would probably be perfect IMO
TheSnake002.jpg

TheSnake009.jpg

TheSnake010.jpg

Last edited:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
People have mentioned changing their brake lights with a red LED bulb. Im interested in doing this however if I wanted to change the tail light also. Would the brake light led need to have more led's making it brighter than the tail lights?

Users who are viewing this thread