Let me tell it

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
On E85, I'm sure we'll see some EB Mustangs comfortably over 400wtq. It won't be a boring car for sure.

I wish we had some more e85 on my side of Dallas! I finally got one station 15 minutes away, so I bought injectors and am going to get Shaun to tune me for it. Cheap race gas. I wish I could get the kind of gains the DI turbo motors get from it, but having consistent power and no detonation is enough for me to spend the money on injectors and a tune.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That's not at all what I expected. Looks like I've spoken too soon. Lol

I'll reserve final judgement until we see multiple results from multiple parties, but that looks awesome.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The EB Stang will be a interesting car for sure. Remember, that engine is built for boost. So a lot of forged, toughen parts in there. I would not be surprised to see a tuned, modded EB run with a few N/A modded cars. I have seen tricked SRT 4's and the newer Genesis turbo's run hard against some cars.

The EB just hit. It will not be long until the tuners figure out what works.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
does anyone know the size of the stock turbo? That is all that matters with regards to a max effort bolt on EB mustang. It all boils down to what the turbo will support.

There are 4 cylinder factory turbo cars that will go 400+ whp with a tune and bolt ons.... think EVO.

If the turbo is large enough, a max effort bolt on EB stang will be a threat to mild bolt on 5.0.

Voltwings

Established Member
The Evo x turbo flows about 48 lbs/min, which is very comparable to a Garrett GT3071. The car will put down ~400 AWHP with the stock turbo, which is pretty astounding, but in order to make up for the low end they use a 4.56 gear... Based on the couple of stock turbo cars i have played with, i expect this turbo to be comfortably mid to high 30s as far as lb/min goes, and the (very) rough estimation is about 10 whp per lb/min. Obviously the turbo can be over spun, then you'll get some extra power here and there from timing, compression and the motor itself, but i see mid to high 300s being very doable.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Which of the two motors would last longer though? I'd bet on the 5.0 all day over a boosted application that has been cranked up.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Your nuts, maybe if you add a bigger turbo tune e-85 and exhaust. But how many guys just leave their coyotes alone? Not many!

jleews6

Established Member
I haven't seen anybody say anything about average power. Im not saying one will be faster than the other but the automatic EB is going to be quick with just small mods and tires. You will be able to leave the line with full boost with the automatic and I think that will be tough to beat. Anybody that has owned a Grand National will know what Im talking about.
It wont be long and we will be seeing a tune,tires and a few small mods EB running in the 11s.

superblur

Established Member
I haven't seen anybody say anything about average power. Im not saying one will be faster than the other but the automatic EB is going to be quick with just small mods and tires. You will be able to leave the line with full boost with the automatic and I think that will be tough to beat. Anybody that has owned a Grand National will know what Im talking about.
It wont be long and we will be seeing a tune,tires and a few small mods EB running in the 11s.

Already there lol...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Livernois-Motorsports-Engineering/243274389058264

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Voltwings

Established Member
I can promise there is plenty left in that turbo, the stock exhaust (namely down pipe) is what's in the way at this point. The tiny ass intercooler likely isnt helping either. This car will be trapping high teens with bolt ons.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nonsense.

They removed the cat back section on that run.

There will be minimal gains from an IC upgrade. DP may help a bit but slam the full catback back on and those gains are minimized in this particular car.

If the thought process in the turbo design is anything like the f150 EB then the hot side is EXTREMELY restrictive and needs opened up.

Users who are viewing this thread