Let See All the Lowered GT500's

gtcpa

Established Member
Nice thread with some great looking cars !

Mine is not lowered as much as many, but I have the Ford Racing Lowering Springs 1.25" lowered in front and rear:

sp500013.jpg

sp500025.jpg

girodisc039.jpg

alex46stang

Established Member
Hey guys I just bought a 2010 gt500 and I want to lower it. I just have one question, How did the car change as far as ride quality? Does the car still ride decent? I only have experience with older mustangs. Thanks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Hey guys I just bought a 2010 gt500 and I want to lower it. I just have one question, How did the car change as far as ride quality? Does the car still ride decent? I only have experience with older mustangs. Thanks.

They put the kr handling pack/tune into the 2010 minus the sticky tires the kr has. Which is to say its a little firmer and handles much better than the 07-09. 11 The svt pp puts handling another level again, firmer and and cuts suspension travel.

Jackyl13

Established Member

I lowered my 11 in Eibach pro kit and the ride is great. IMO the highway us much smoother . Bumps can be a little harsh sometimes .

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
While I LOVE the SVT Performance Pack on my '11, suspension travel is somewhere in the realm of non-existent. If you are used to the way a 94-04 rides with 1" or less lowering, the type of components on the PP are going to be significantly stiffer than what you are used to. On smooth roads, the ride is awesome. On less than smooth roads it can get very bumpy.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member

It will be a little bit harsher, would recommend changing the shocks and struts since you will be putting a lot of pressure on the stock dampers...i will be changing mine out soon to the eibach dampers, hopefully the ride quality will improve.

alex46stang

Established Member
Thanks for all of the replies. I think i will change the springs and absorbers, in order to keep the best ride possible. My 04 cobra was very harsh w/ solid axle and 1.75 inch drop and stock absorbers.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
My GT500 with a +2" drop with my KW V3 coliovers doesn't ride harsh at all. The harshness I find comes from your bumpstops and the quality of them. I destroyed a few sets of bumpstops already and have come to find that cutting you bumpstops a tad bit will actually cause the harshness of the ride to decrease greatly. Now my car rides better than it did stock. It's not harsh at all and is very tolerable. It's funny how some $5 bumpstops can actually control the severity of your ride quality. Make sure you test out your suspension travel and make sure your bumpstop isn't interfering too soon with the travel because that'll cause it to ride like shit.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
About how much did you cut off from the bumpstops?

For mine since I lowered it so much I cut about half off. I didn't measure how much I dropped mine, but I'm tucking tire and I have 27.2" tall tires so yeah. It's more than 2". You'd probably want to cut a 1/4" off. You really have to test out your suspension travel and look at the bumpstops and how much they interfere with the travel. You only want them to interfere at the very bottom of the travel, not 1/2 through the travel. So I say have sumone say....sit in your trunk and bounce up and down and watch ur bumpstops in the rear and see if thats whats causing the crappy ride quality. It'll definately be a little stiffer, but it should ride almost like stock. Mine does and the suspensions dropped ALOT. Just about how you set it up.

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^

Sorry, don't like the wheels and the front tires are too tall....and too wide for that wheel.........and $60K for 25,000 miles?? You know the economy sucks right? but good luck!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
^^^

Sorry, don't like the wheels and the front tires are too tall....and too wide for that wheel.........and $60K for 25,000 miles?? You know the economy sucks right? but good luck!

You do realize how much money is in this car or how much money it would take to duplicate it correct? Hell the wheels alone a 1k a pop! That car is faster than a z06 around a road course with equal drivers!

Yea the wheels are bad. Thats why the goto racing uses them on their gtr race car....
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32416

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
You do realize how much money is in this car or how much money it would take to duplicate it correct? Hell the wheels alone a 1k a pop! That car is faster than a z06 around a road course with equal drivers!

Yea the wheels are bad. Thats why the goto racing uses them on their gtr race car....
GOTO:Racing chooses Jongbloed Racing Wheels for custom 18" fitment - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

I think he meant they don't really pop on the car. The car looks beautiful in some angles. They could get rid of those taillights and that cervinis wing and it'd look much better. Those rims are nice, but you just have to have that taste. Those tires are "too tall" for handling corners like it does as well. That car has purpose for all of it's modifications. Stout car and the price is a bit high, but GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread