Let See All the Lowered GT500's

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
Check this months MM&FF for the 3 way shootout that we competed with in this car as well. It set a track record at the competition and beat everyone else's cars on the road course by over 6 seconds. It does really well for what it's built to do, especially at it's portly curb weight that includes the glass roof !

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Check this months MM&FF for the 3 way shootout that we competed with in this car as well. It set a track record at the competition and beat everyone else's cars on the road course by over 6 seconds. It does really well for what it's built to do, especially at it's portly curb weight that includes the glass roof !

Why didn't ya'll lighten it at all? That would of made a world's difference if y'all shaved 2-300lbs off of it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why didn't ya'll lighten it at all? That would of made a world's difference if y'all shaved 2-300lbs off of it.

This car was featured in thread here a few years ago. from memory it was lightened up quite a bit but was lost was regained by the glass roof and roll bar. * 294lbs was dropped from the car!

The car came in at a weight of 4186lbs. Keep in mind this is with the glass roof, which we have no clue how much that weighs by itself. Almost 4200lbs....without a driver.....sweet jesus. :eek:

With Griggs/Jongbloed's it is now at 3892lbs. Eh.

woute from bottom of page
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tosport-shelby-gt500-griggs-suspension-3.html

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
This car was featured in thread here a few years ago. from memory it was lightened up quite a bit but was lost was regained by the glass roof and roll bar. * 294lbs was dropped from the car!

woute from bottom of page
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tosport-shelby-gt500-griggs-suspension-3.html

Nicely done, you beat me to it! We also only had about two weeks notice for the shootout. We put a clutch in it, new Hoosier A6's on it and headed out to FLA! We ran the same tires for every part of the competition!

Why no lowered Grabber Orange cars in here? I love me some Grabber Orange!

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eibach Pro Kit with 315's out back and ZERO rubbing.

Eibach040.jpg

Eibach046.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
And it's only worth $40k?...right. So I wouldn't care and I doubt it;d handle me at the strip once I install my crap in October....still just a GT too.

It was built for $82k. And would take the stock z06 on track. 1.5g cornering, .1 to .2 better 60 time based on better bite from the correct geometry suspension.
3200lbs / 510 ~ 6.275
3850lbs / 560 ~ 6.875

Your going to need another 50rwhp just to compete....but as you say yours is better looking:beer:

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
It was built for $82k. And would take the stock z06 on track. 1.5g cornering, .1 to .2 better 60 time based on better bite from the correct geometry suspension.
3200lbs / 510 ~ 6.275
3850lbs / 560 ~ 6.875

Your going to need another 50rwhp just to compete....but as you say yours is better looking:beer:

I'm going to have an added 150rwhp...so I won't worry about the GT...and it's not like I take turns in traffic like a bat out of hell so I doubt we'll be running them corners too tight in traffic, but a traffic light run or a roll on the interstate and it'd get it's ass handed to it so I'm happy with that. I like my daily drivable car, track cars don't get me off...I'd rather form and function...not just function.

SmirkNOS

It is what it is!
Established Member
I can say I'm crazy about your ride either Mr Hasselhoff. I think you got a little carried away with your BLACK theme. TOOOO much black. In my opinion for what ever matters to you a nice GT 500 should have some contrast any where at list. I think I would by the GT if it comes to look versus your black crow. LOL....heehehhheee

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm going to have an added 150rwhp...so I won't worry about the GT...and it's not like I take turns in traffic like a bat out of hell so I doubt we'll be running them corners too tight in traffic, but a traffic light run or a roll on the interstate and it'd get it's ass handed to it so I'm happy with that. I like my daily drivable car, track cars don't get me off...I'd rather form and function...not just function.

Have you tried tracking the gt500? Thats where the real fun begins. The gt above can add horsepower too. 100 or so and its still 700lbs lighter.:beer:

Enjoy your car!

rage racing

Established Member
Looks Great...like the brake setup...where in ny you from?

Thanks. I am on Long Island. Your color combo is really my favorite but the white started to grow on me. The brakes were actually custom painted the exact Grabber Blue color to match the stripes.

Users who are viewing this thread