Lethal off road H-Pipe 2011 GT500

sikryd

Established Member
+1 just bolt on for the 2011.

Even the lethal performance 3" h-pipe won't be a direct bolt on. 3" h-pipes are made for 3" mufflers... if we want a 2.75" off road h-pipe, its going to take a hell of a lot more than 10 people for them to change their tooling and jigs. Sorry!

Olisickstang

Established Member
Hi There,

I'm looking for a H-pipe with a diameter of 2.75 that will settle on the original exhaust muffler on the 2012 shelby gt500. I tried to find one without success.

Thanks
Oli

sikryd

Established Member
Hi There,

I'm looking for a H-pipe with a diameter of 2.75 that will settle on the original exhaust muffler on the 2012 shelby gt500. I tried to find one without success.

Thanks
Oli

2011 Mustang GT500 MBRP T409 Off Road H Pipe

This is to hook up to your stock manafolds, but it's made to fin a 3" axle back. You can have your local muffler shop adapt it to your stock 2.75" mufflers for a small fee.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Amazing to me lethal went with the off road x pipe design as their only one instead of an H pipe. I'm guessing the x was easier to make as a direct bolt on. I just got my off road x pipe from lethal and will be putting it on in the next couple of days. While the h pipe is considered to have a better sound quality the vids of the lethal x pipe don't sound bad to me. Like everyone has said I wanted to make the stock exhaust louder without spending a bunch of money. This seemed like the easiest option while adding a few ponies at the same time.

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
Isnt the stock exhaust 2.75"? Will these bolt right up to the factory catback?

I want one too but i'll wait to see how they sound. If its like stock only louder and uses the is simply a bolt on to the factory system...I'll buy one for sure.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Isnt the stock exhaust 2.75"? Will these bolt right up to the factory catback?

I want one too but i'll wait to see how they sound. If its like stock only louder and uses the is simply a bolt on to the factory system...I'll buy one for sure.

Says it's a direct bolt on, installs is less then one hour and they picked up 15 whp. Here's a clip from lethal.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzuTdE-806k"]2010 Shelby GT500 with a Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe - YouTube[/nomedia]

I think it sounds pretty good, a little raspy when you let out of the throttle but so is the stocker, just not as noticeable.

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
Yeah but I'd want to hear the H-Pipe first. I know that the X-pipes sound different.

I like the sound in the clip minus the rasp.

Ratchet27

Established Member
So, there is no H-pipe that will bolt directly on an 11Gt500 with stock mufflers? Is there an x-pipe that will bolt onto a 11Gt500 with stock mufflers? I might be interested in something that will bolt right in. No modifications. I love how the stock mufflers sound but it would be great if they were just a bit louder. I have yet to find an axle back that I think sounds better than the stock mufflers.

sykb47l

On 3?
Established Member
So, there is no H-pipe that will bolt directly on an 11Gt500 with stock mufflers? Is there an x-pipe that will bolt onto a 11Gt500 with stock mufflers? I might be interested in something that will bolt right in. No modifications. I love how the stock mufflers sound but it would be great if they were just a bit louder. I have yet to find an axle back that I think sounds better than the stock mufflers.

This is exactly what im looking for as well.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
For those asking about the 2.75" to 3" issue, you can very easily stretch out the 2.75" pipe to fit snug into or over the 3" pipe. Any muffler shop can do it in a few minutes. I had my stock 2010 X-pipe which is 2.5", stretched out at the ends to fit into my 3" Super Snake exhaust and it worked fine. You just have to be prepared for the pipe that's stretched to get a little shorter. I didnt account for the shortening of the pipe due it being stretched and ended up having to improvise a little. It worked fine though. If that's the route you choose, just bring them the H pipe and one of the axle tubes and tell them how you want it to fit. They can stretch the pipe slightly and then you can use joint straps to secure it all.

Ratchet27

Established Member
I understand that shops can do all of these things. I was just looking for something I could swap out in my driveway and then if I needed to go to the dealer I could swap the old one back on. But it is looking like that probably wont be an option. Seems like there is very little you can do to these cars without retuning or having some sort of fab work done.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah, nature of the beast, I was just offering up some options. It'll get more involved as the technology evolves too. Ask the Dodge Charger and Challenger guys what they deal with. I was told by a friend that has a couple Challengers that they have a log in the computer that tells the dealer everything that's ever been changed regardless of the stock tune being put back in or not.

sikryd

Established Member
Yeah, nature of the beast, I was just offering up some options. It'll get more involved as the technology evolves too. Ask the Dodge Charger and Challenger guys what they deal with. I was told by a friend that has a couple Challengers that they have a log in the computer that tells the dealer everything that's ever been changed regardless of the stock tune being put back in or not.

I would not doubt that Ford can see this too if the want to find it.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Our mid-pipes are direct bolt on, from the factory manifolds to the stock 2.75" over axle pipes. They are full 3" tubing, but neck down to 2.75" at the over axle pipe connection.

We did not go with an H pipe because the car is equipped with an H pipe already, and there was no demand for it as well. It's been 6 months and the 10 prepaid pipes required to make a direct fit H pipe jig still hasn't been filled. Meanwhile, we've probably shipped 100+ X pipes in this same time frame.

In the mean time, until the 10 spots are filled and prepaid, you guys wanting off road H pipes can go to any muffler shop and have them make connection pipes that go from the stock manifolds to the stock H section. This would be the fastest solution at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread