Lethal Performance joins the detailing world!!

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethal Performance is adding yet another specialty line of products to our already massive online catalog. We know as many customers are out there adding more power to their car we have the same amount of customers looking for detailing products to make those cars shine. We plan on offering an extensive array of products from Microfiber Towels, buckets to waxes and polishes.

However we do not plan on picking up each and every line available because simply there is way to many. So I will focus on what our customers are using. I would like some feedback from those who have used all of the products out there. Let us know what products you like best and would love to see Lethal Performance carry.

Looking forward to see what people have to say!! :beer:

Matt

Well...lol

I enjoy Wolfgang products very much, Pinnacle is also a great line, just a bit pricey......but definitely worth it. Also hear great things about Black Fire Wet Diamond, but have never personally tried it! :)

MedicMan

Established Member
Plus 1 on the Pinnacle. Also, Poorboys, clearkote etc... get my vote.

Are you guys going to carry any buffing pads and accessories?? If so the Lake country pads would be awesome...

I will be curious to see what you guys end up with :rockon:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know for a fact I plan on carrying some accessories but as to what I am trying to narrow that down now. Microfiber towels will be something I will focus on. I was going to look into pads but I know there are so many pads from finishing to applying, etc. We will most likely start with some buckets, grit guards, pads, towels and take it from there.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Matt

There are many lines or products and there are lots of suppliers online. I would hope that you all pick up a line that would separate yourselves from the rest.

oldmodman

Established Member
Swissvax with very deep discounts.

You would have to beat several detail supply houses that regularly offer all their waxes at 30 to 40% off.

BLK_03

Established Member
Optimum has awesome products and the prices are great. Lake Country makes the best PC pads IMO. I used Optimum compound and Optimum Polish to get these results.

Here are a couple before/after and side-by-side shots.

Picture002-4IS.jpg

Picture004-4IS.jpg

WAX001.jpg

WAX004.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Considering PBMA pretty much has the mass of nearly all products on the market and are also in Florida....

But if you must join...

Optimum Products are a must have.

Menzerna Polishes

Lake Country Pads

Leather Masters line

*quality* MF towels.

Meguiar's Detailer Line and DA polishing system.

I would stay with true quality products that work. Cut out all the fluff and I wouldn't try and stock someone else's "house brand" products (Pinnacle/Wolfgang, etc.).

Also, ChemicalGuys and a few others will do private-labeling programs ;-) Just be careful *which* products you get because some don't work and there is a lot of product overlap.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Considering PBMA pretty much has the mass of nearly all products on the market and are also in Florida....

But if you must join...

Menzerna Polishes

Lake Country Pads

Leather Masters line

*quality* MF towels.

I would stay with true quality products that work. Cut out all the fluff and I wouldn't try and stock someone else's "house brand" products (Pinnacle/Wolfgang, etc.).

Also, ChemicalGuys and a few others will do private-labeling programs ;-) Just be careful *which* products you get because some don't work and there is a lot of product overlap.

Agreed 110%. PBMA is local to you guys in FL, but are a house brand. Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Detailers Pride - all PBMA products. IMHO, you can list their top shelf products on one hand. The others work as good as other less expensive brands and products on the market, or sub par.

Some brands that I feel offer a variety of top shelf must have products, or products that are ahead of competitors are Optimum Car Care, Meguiars car care, and Menzerna Polishes. For pads, lots of people are straying away from the Lake Country pads and going with the Buff and Shine line. I haven't used Buff and Shine yet, but have never been satisfied with any of my Lake Country pads. These are brands that are pretty much a staple in most detailing arsenals and will appeal to the casual car enthusiast who want to keep their car looking nice, all the way up to profession detailers.

Other brands to look into would be Collinite waxes (can never go wrong with these), 303 Products for interior/exterior trim and fabric protection, and Leatherique and/or Leather Masters for leather cleaning and protection. These are all good brands that will be a good start for you guys to get your foot in the door and offer some quality products.

I personally am not a fan of private labeling programs for car care, for two reasons. One, when people find out your products are private label, they act like the products are sub par, and there becomes a complete necessity for customers to find out whom the real manufacturer is. And usually its easy because product names/functions are similar but worded different. Other times the same bottle style and product label is used, but just with different graphics so it's easy to tell who the manufacturer is. Two, once people find out who manufactures the products, if the original brand is cheaper elsewhere, people will always just buy from that source.

And those points aren't getting into products completely overlapping, as mblgjr said.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

But if you must join...

Menzerna Polishes

Lake Country Pads

Leather Masters line

*quality* MF towels.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

I am well aware of where PBMA is located and the size of the operation that they run. We are not offering the product with any intent of trying to compete with PBMA. We thought it would be more of a convenience than anything. Just another specialty line of products that we could offer to our customers to give them the one stop shop.

I do see a lot of feedback on the lines I plan on carrying. Menzenra Polishes, Aerospace 303 Interior, Microfiber Applicator Pads and Towels, etc.

Of course over time we will tell what items will start selling over others. Thanks again for the feedback from everyone, it's appreciated.

Matt

DaBigBone

Established Member
Brilliant idea. It would be very convenient to add in some waxes or polishes to an order I am already placing from lethal.

I will also add a +1 on the Menzenra Polishes and Lake Country pads

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Chemical Guys, then have them private label it for you like they do for Adams!

Users who are viewing this thread